General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 28626
    On PC I am playing Turnip Boy Robs A Bank.

It's ugly but rather enjoyable. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7296
    I decided I was too far in to a shitty faith build of eldrn ring to start again so I decided to try DS3 . In conclusion fuck the abyss watchers.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17655
    tFB Trader
    Anyone got some good iPad games?

I've got an M2 pro and interested in a few games that give it a once over.

It won't push the m2 pro at all, but I love brotato! It's really fun, and genuinely more "tactical" or "strategy" than other bullet hell games. 

Would love to know how the m2 pro iPad is for day to day purposes. We have an old (5 years I think) base model iPad that's starting to give up the ghost a bit (buggy software, facetime not always working properly for example). Not sure we'd get a pro but would be good to know what it's like. 

It’s massive overkill for 99% of things but I was planning to use Logic Pro with lots of plugins so that’s why I went that direction.

The Air is probably sufficient for most people 
  • BarnezyBarnezy Frets: 2209
    Just started playing Helldivers 2. Really good fun. 

If anyone wants to help free democracy, DM me and we can team up. 
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4727

Could be interesting - a Microsoft flight sim Dune expansion .  Certainly worth a free download if you are planning on watching the new Dune movie.

Microsoft Flight Simulator - Dune Expansion Launch Trailer (youtube.com)

• TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10267
    Barnezy said:
    Just started playing Helldivers 2. Really good fun. 

If anyone wants to help free democracy, DM me and we can team up. 
    I want to free Democracy! 
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10267
    edited March 5

Could be interesting - a Microsoft flight sim Dune expansion .  Certainly worth a free download if you are planning on watching the new Dune movie.

Microsoft Flight Simulator - Dune Expansion Launch Trailer (youtube.com)

'On your right we have sand, on your left we have sand, behind us, sand, ahead of us we have...sand'.
  • PennPenn Frets: 627
    I’ve been playing dead island 2. It’s pretty good. 
    I've been playing Road to Gehenna (Talos Principle DLC) and I can only conclude I am no longer clever enough for this sort of thing.
  • CavemanGroggCavemanGrogg Frets: 3039
    Penn said:

We almost started playing this while the village was having it's phone and internet infrastructure sorted out, and now wish we did, we tried Hogwarts Legacy instead, and we where both extremely disappointed with it, to point where the game has put both of us off of gaming for a while.
  • PennPenn Frets: 627
    Penn said:

We almost started playing this while the village was having it's phone and internet infrastructure sorted out, and now wish we did, we tried Hogwarts Legacy instead, and we where both extremely disappointed with it, to point where the game has put both of us off of gaming for a while.
    I’ve been playing it on gamepass. It’s not a perfect game but it’s funny and creepy in equal measures. I’m enjoying stomping on zombie heads :) 
    Penn said:
    Penn said:

I’ve been playing it on gamepass. It’s not a perfect game but it’s funny and creepy in equal measures. I’m enjoying stomping on zombie heads :) 

I really enjoyed the first 1 on the PS4.
  • strumjoughlampsstrumjoughlamps Frets: 3294
    Penn said:

Blimey and I class it as one of the best games I've ever played and it injected enthusiasm back into gaming for me.
  • RkphilpotRkphilpot Frets: 173
    Penn said:

Blimey and I class it as one of the best games I've ever played and it injected enthusiasm back into gaming for me.
    Same here, best single player game since Skyrim 
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 994
    edited March 6
    I don’t play games too often, but I fancy getting something for my XBox One to play some evenings.

The games I have played & enjoyed the most on that console are: Skate 3, GTA V, Shenmue 1&2, Cities:Skylines.

Yesterday I did look at Farming Simulator 22, as I thought it might have some nice background scenery & be interesting. But it seems to consist of lots of driving back & forth & I think I would tire of that pretty quickly.

Is there anything you can recommend?

Edit: I should say that I don’t have XBox Game Pass, so will just be playing the game/story mode as a single player.
    Penn said:

Rkphilpot said:
    Penn said:

Same here, best single player game since Skyrim 

Now try and play the game with your playstation, or whatever platform you've played it on, without having an internet connection. 
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1755
    I have nothing new to contribute, totally dedicated my (very limited) gaming time to Baldurs Gate 3. The longer I play it the more it takes me back to the magic of first two games. It's excellent.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17655
    tFB Trader
    Power Wash Simulator if you want a relaxing casual game.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    I'm on Horizon Forbidden West.

It's not as good as Zero Dawn,  but it's still better than 98% of games. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2423
    Sporky said:
    I'm on Horizon Forbidden West.

It's not as good as Zero Dawn,  but it's still better than 98% of games. 
    I tried multiple times to get into it, but it's so damn fiddly.

Felt like there were so many controls and combinations of buttons to remember, and almost too many options on everything. Maybe it's just me, but I want a game that's simple to pick up, not one that's like trying to enter King from Tekken's ultimate grab combo.