Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Ibanez 2020 Models

What's Hot
JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
If anyone is interested (cue dipshit comments about how no one is interested/boring shred guitars etc etc etc 

https://www.ibanez.com/eu/news/detail/20191113093311.html

Nothing there I'm keen on but the Az Range is expanding. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2400
    Some gorgeous finishes in there. Nice to see the Iron Label 7 string RG is now 27".
    Tim
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    Some gorgeous basses there
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14455
    Plus ça change.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • King85King85 Frets: 631
    The pink AZ2204 looks beautiful
  • I'm not interested in shred guitars, but ibanez do know how to make 'em pretty. The AZs are pretty cool.

I think my favourite is the shell pink AS73.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    I do like the AZ range

..and that Paul Stanley model actually looks kind of cool.. oh look, my coats already on... I'll get the door.
  • TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1846
    edited January 2020
    Jem (Japanese 7vwh) been discontinued...although chat on jemsite suggests a new announcement imminent.

No rosewood even on the Satriani sig.
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    The 7vwh in my opinion is very very very 1990s and in this day and age, looking very dated. If people are still buying them, that's insane but I think as a model I wouldn't be upset if it was dropped. 
  • TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1846
    edited January 2020
    Jetfire said:
    The 7vwh in my opinion is very very very 1990s and in this day and age, looking very dated. If people are still buying them, that's insane but I think as a model I wouldn't be upset if it was dropped. 
    I bought a new 7vwh in 2019. Awesome playing and sounding guitar. Still looks cool to me, kind of timeless. The tree of life inlays are gorgeous.

Agree the neon ones, while also very cool, are more 89s/90s looking.

They now do an Indonesian white version so question is whether they're running with that alone. Jemsite suggests an updated Japanese Jem but the basic aesthetics aren’t likely to change (monkey grip etc).

Les pauls are arguably very 50s...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 951
    On Friday I'll be picking up a lovely 2015 Ibanez model...from the Roadcore series. The RC330T, like a strat but less pointy. Plays and sounds fantastic. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2901
    Quite like where the AZ range is sitting - looks like a quality no nonsense alternative to a Fender without any of the “traditional” annoyances like the neck heel etc.
    The top end AZ series are in a weird market that’s predominantly Suhr, I’ll be intrigued to see how well they sell 
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    sweepy said:
    The top end AZ series are in a weird market that’s predominantly Suhr, I’ll be intrigued to see how well they sell 
    The Jap AZ’s are at least a grand less than a Suhr, so same market for those who don’t want to spend 2.5k to 3k
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1037
    The AZs are lovely, I got a Japanese one just before Christmas but have barely had time to play it or post about it yet (will remedy that soon!).

The headless basses are interesting, makes me wonder how long it'll be before they do headless guitars. 

• The headless basses are interesting, makes me wonder how long it'll be before they do headless guitars. 
    Considering how well yer Strandbergs and the like have been doing with the squiddly-diddly crowd I'm surprised they aren't already.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

edited January 2020
    dindude said:
    sweepy said:
    The Jap AZ’s are at least a grand less than a Suhr, so same market for those who don’t want to spend 2.5k to 3k
    £2200 for a base Suhr and s/h near as dammit the price of an AZ Prestige, I know which I’d rather buy tbh .
    Their basses otoh look bloody amazing though that depends on the price in the UK 
  • Can't say I'm surprised but it looks like there aren't any multi-scale guitars in the range. I guess that they didn't sell well last year.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    Can't say I'm surprised but it looks like there aren't any multi-scale guitars in the range. I guess that they didn't sell well last year.
    I tried the acoustic in Andertons, it was woeful :(
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1037

The headless basses are interesting, makes me wonder how long it'll be before they do headless guitars. 
    Considering how well yer Strandbergs and the like have been doing with the squiddly-diddly crowd I'm surprised they aren't already.
    yeah that's what I thought. I thought the tuners on the basses looked interesting....the ones on my Strandberg work perfectly fine, but it's the one thing I think could be improved.

sweepy said:
    Can't say I'm surprised but it looks like there aren't any multi-scale guitars in the range. I guess that they didn't sell well last year.
    I tried the acoustic in Andertons, it was woeful :(
    The one (electric) I tried in Mansons last year was ok, but no more than that. I wasn't tempted despite the fact it had a big chip out of it which could've got a fair amount off the price.
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7151

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom