Paulnb57 Q1’20 Challenge - Today mostly I have been assembling a StraTele!....

What's Hot

Comments

• PeteCPeteC Frets: 409
    paulnb57 said:
    PeteC said:
    Another Rosewood neck!!!....please stop fellas.....you're going to push me into buying one.....
    Looks great @paulnb57 ;

Do it they are sublime!

I had a PRS Custom 22 Artist with a solid Rosewood neck and board a while back which I sold to buy a PRS DGT .  I really miss the luxurious feel of that Rosewood neck.   I think I will have to do it on a Tele at some point.   I can feel a bit of googling coming on..

Lovely guitar you are making @paulnb57 ;

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2351
    tFB Trader
    I will soon be back in my workshop full time, my house is now nearly repaired so hopefully full production will start in two weeks. If you’re looking for Rosewood neck that you don’t have to take out a second mortgage on I have some in stock, I will also be making moor soon.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

• paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
    GSPBASSES said:
    I will soon be back in my workshop full time, my house is now nearly repaired so hopefully full production will start in two weeks. If you’re looking for Rosewood neck that you don’t have to take out a second mortgage on I have some in stock, I will also be making moor soon.
    Ooo fab thanks Grahame
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• RolandRoland Frets: 8714
    Yes please Grahame
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27606
    GSPBASSES said:
    That’s good news x2!

Good to hear that your house is nearly sorted @GSPBASSES  and please let me know re the RW necks when you’re operational again.  I seem to have acquired a load more body wood, and a stack of suitable caps too, so I’ll be needing some more necks to go with them ...
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    @GSPBASSES pm'd for a quote
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• PeteCPeteC Frets: 409
    GSPBASSES said:
    Hi @GSPBASSES ;
    yes, I would be very interested when you do. 
    cheers 
    Pete
  • Add me to the list too please, @GSPBASSES ;

Thanks,

Matt
    www.theflyingacesband.com
    Paint progress,

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • paulnb57 said:
    Paint progress,

That’s looking awesome, great work. Wish I had the skill to do this.
    Me too!

Love the first one, and the way that you’ve still got the grain visible under the paint.

and ,,,
    ^^^ what he said!

What are you using (paint/kit) and what sort of environment have you got set up to do the painting?
    edited February 2020
    TTony said:
    Love the first one, and the way that you’ve still got the grain visible under the paint.

and ,,,
    ^^^ what he said!

What are you using (paint/kit) and what sort of environment have you got set up to do the painting?
    lamf68 id doing the paint...its way beyond me! I asked for the Copper one to have a sunk into the grain finish..
    The Copper will have subtle ageing and cracking, the White Blonde will not...paint on both is Nitro..

Ahhhhhhh

Looks like he’s doing a good job!
  • uksaint7uksaint7 Frets: 309
    Hiya- well after sitting on a fantastic @GSPBASSES Strat body & neck for a couple of years I have finally got a waterslide 
    decal from Rothko & Frost and given it to @GoldenEraGuitars for a clear nitro finish on the body and front of the neck. Here's the body:

IMG_3134

It is black korina back with a koa top and routed for a non-fine tuner Floyd. I don't have a picture of the neck but it is a beautiful piece of rosewood with a lightly figured maple board and a CBS headstock, as I mentioned the neck will be thin nitro on the front and I am going to oil the back- probably with the Crimson finishing oil. I have all the hardware so hoping it'll be put together soon after the finish is applied, can't wait!
    Great stuff!
    Start a thread and keep us posted!

• That tele  neck...... wow!
    That tele  neck...... wow!
    Bit late to the party, yoof!   :)

• Not been on here in a while tbh!
    Steinberger gearless tuners fitted to the Rosewood StraTele neck....

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom