What's Hot

Comments

• makes a change from 'Arry and Meg'
    “Ken sent me.”
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6391
    makes a change from 'Arry and Meg'

Not sure it does tbh
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • andypandyp Frets: 332
    I completely agree about the professional journalism standard these days too. It's a race to the bottom... as long as we get hits, it's all good! We can worry about the quality and accuracy later.

• andypandyp Frets: 332
    mixolyd said:
    andyp said:
    All that these sorts of videos have done is make me go and unfollow folk that I now don't wish to watch / give time to if this is the way they want to be putting their "content" out there. To me, this stuff is much more likely to drive people away than attract new subscribers. Aye ok, the clickbait videos will get lots of views, but that's a short term mindset I reckon.

This amateur journalism thing is something I've talked about a lot to my mates etc over the last couple of years. We are on dangerous ground in many respects with this kind of stuff. It's not good.

I disagree: if a YouTube channel is using its influence - in particular a large fanbase that is easily riled to harass, threaten, dox etc an individual - to silence a channel with less than 40 subscribers, then I’m glad to see other channels stepping in to do something about it.    Everyone has the right to reply and the truth will most likely come out, as it seems to have done in this case.
    Oh yes, I agree with that. That's not what I meant to be honest. I hate the big boys bullying the wee boys in any respect, whether it's on YouTube or anywhere else online or in person. I was just meaning that if this is how we are going to do things, then the big channels can carry on and I'll leave them to it. It's not why I subscribed to them and would like to think they know better than doing all this public bickering and slanging. I was trying not to name names here, but you can guess who I don't follow anymore. Simply, if I sub to a guitar channel I want to see stuff about guitars.

As the saying goes, it takes years to build a reputation and seconds to lose it.

• soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6692
    edited January 2020
    mixolyd said:
    I think this video is funnier than the other one and also makes the evidence supporting the allegations of encouraging followers to harassment campaigns and concocting death threats a bit clearer.  It’s definitely funnier.

https://youtu.be/KIkXdH3f_II
    I saw this earlier and came away thinking (at him not you)

1) Who are you?
    2) What has any of it got to do with you?
    3) Going through a list of things having an opinion on who is closer to the truth on each of the point despite much of it being subjective, completely ignores the point of 'so what'  and 'whose business is it even if all those things are true?'
    4) There is no getting around it. Every single person to have made a video on this subject is 100% trying to get views and piggyback off Chapman's name, all the while slagging him off for having a presence and fanbase. 
    5) You bet your arse if someone had made a video about me slagging me off I'd start following them to see what else they were saying. 
    6) In terms of the 2020 equivalent of making diss tracks, it's not quite Ice Cube releasing 'No Vaseline' is it? Just embarrassing people being more and more embarrassing and showing themselves up. 

The doxxing/threats stuff is clearly not on but is truly not something one can control. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22877
    edited January 2020
    Queue a thread of comments drenched in ironic musings of...

• this is boring and
    • I don’t care 

D

Not forgetting, from another side of the debate:

• you're all just jealous
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975 said:
    mixolyd said:
    I think this video is funnier than the other one and also makes the evidence supporting the allegations of encouraging followers to harassment campaigns and concocting death threats a bit clearer.  It’s definitely funnier.

https://youtu.be/KIkXdH3f_II
    I saw this earlier and came away thinking (at him not you)

1) Who are you?
    2) What has any of it got to do with you?
    3) Going through a list of things having an opinion on who is closer to the truth on each of the point despite much of it being subjective, completely ignores the point of 'so what'  and 'whose business is it even if all those things are true?'
    4) There is no getting around it. Every single person to have made a video on this subject is 100% trying to get views and piggyback off Chapman's name, all the while slagging him off for having a presence and fanbase. 
    5) You bet your arse if someone had made a video about me slagging me off I'd start following them to see what else they were saying. 
    6) In terms of the 2020 equivalent of making diss tracks, it's not quite Ice Cube releasing 'No Vaseline' is it? Just embarrassing people being more and more embarrassing and showing themselves up. 

The doxxing/threats stuff is clearly not on but is truly not something one can control. 
    The guy that made that video has HALF A MILLION subscribers in his own right
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Changes nothing. I'd never heard of him. I've now watched his video.

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • antonyivantonyiv Frets: 301
    My dream is Mark Agnesi to start working for Chapman guitars. 
    14reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    oh my god could you imagine

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975 said:
    Everybody hold up, only people soma1975 has heard of are allowed to comment in this thread. Everyone else please remove yourself...

1. He is a YouTube with half a million followers

2. He is part of the Youtube guitar community, a community that Rob is a member of, and has an opinion on what has been happening inside that community

3. Lost me there bud

4. Every video that is posted to Youtube is for "views". However, I doubt a channel that already has half a million subs needs to "piggyback off of Rob Chapman"

5. I think the comment was about the timing of Rob's activity on the comments section and not the activity in of itself

6. Not sure its the same, YouTube communities tend to police themselves to an extent, bullshit usually gets outed... with boosted views along the way of course.

7. Doxxing is a serious offence. Accusing someone of statutory rape is getting pretty far out there too. Im very surprised Mr Chapman commented on that at all... what he chose to comment is an even bigger mystery

ps. Im just here for the bantz, I really dont care but these threads are always fun  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2580
    tFB Trader
    I am going to make a 1 hour video about the time Rob never messaged me back on Facebook, I cried for months.
    At least watching my views sky rocket on youtube will make me feel better....
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • https://riffcityguitar.com/rob-chapman-exposed-our-side-article-sp-mp/

Link to Riff City statement slaughtering Chappers
    Glad i read that, very interesting.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    edited January 2020 tFB Trader
    soma1975 said:

ps. Im just here for the bantz, I really dont care but these threads are always fun  

Queue a thread of comments drenched in ironic musings of...

• this is boring and
    • I don’t care 

D

Ha, well look at that 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Queue a thread of comments drenched in ironic musings of...

• this is boring and
    • I don’t care 

:D

and im the OP!
    edited January 2020
    soma1975 said:
    Everybody hold up, only people soma1975 has heard of are allowed to comment in this thread. Everyone else please remove yourself...

1. He is a YouTube with half a million followers

2. He is part of the Youtube guitar community, a community that Rob is a member of, and has an opinion on what has been happening inside that community

3. Lost me there bud

4. Every video that is posted to Youtube is for "views". However, I doubt a channel that already has half a million subs needs to "piggyback off of Rob Chapman"

5. I think the comment was about the timing of Rob's activity on the comments section and not the activity in of itself

6. Not sure its the same, YouTube communities tend to police themselves to an extent, bullshit usually gets outed... with boosted views along the way of course.

7. Doxxing is a serious offence. Accusing someone of statutory rape is getting pretty far out there too. Im very surprised Mr Chapman commented on that at all... what he chose to comment is an even bigger mystery

There was no reason to pile on and publicly insert yourself into the debate that has zero to do with you unless you wanted a piece of the dramacake hits. I think it would be rather charitable to suggest that chap really thought the world needed to hear him add the square root of nothing to the debate buy making a vid going 'well this COULD be true'. 

Rob's response to that weird rape post did not endorse it. It was just 'holy shit' wasn't it? Which tbf is what I thought when I read it too. As in 'that escalated quickly'. 

Likewise I'm here for the bants. Not a Chapman fan, but a bloke has a right to earn a living, to promote himself, to buy his kid a PRS and to sell his guitars where they will make him the most money.  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Am I the only old fartwho doesnt know wtf Doxxing is?!
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4173
    Am I the only old fartwho doesnt know wtf Doxxing is?!
    Where do you live? B)

8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LevLev Frets: 228
    I think this is a really interesting case study TBH. RC has clearly worked hard and built several seemingly profitable enterprises off the back of his YouTube following - hats off to him for that. The interesting aspect is what happens if that YouTube reputation that built his brand turns against him and causes reputation damage. Will the companies that he works with start to distance themselves for fear of collateral damage? My feeling is that his 'brand' is strong enough to ride this out but there is no doubt his response video has done more to damage him than help him.  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • Is he actually at NAMM this year as an artist or Chapman guitars? I don't think so because maybe people are already distancing themselves but then again he has his own brands to follow on with
This discussion has been closed.