Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

NGD: Sunglasses needed....back to the 80s

What's Hot

Comments

• Wow. That's awesome. Jealous that you're in a band where you can pull that look off! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TheGASManTheGASMan Frets: 385
    Amazing - hope you have matching spandex trousers and hairspray
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hydra19Hydra19 Frets: 327
    Nice! I've been playing my Jackson 1986 Soloist, it's in boring black but lovely nevertheless. I'm totally in the 80's myself with this thing! Enjoy it, no shame in wearing spandex and wig if you're rocking that thing!
  • Wow that is amazing , I can’t believe someone has one already , it’s literally fresh from the oven .

you are probably the first in the UK to have one.  Mega congratulations it looks even better than the ones in the advertising pics and namm videos .

It will be great playing in that band whoever it is.  Ok on the fat Willy is T-shirt’s  I was looking at them and the stickers the other day  but the script on the new t shirts is much smaller than they used to be .

you will have to post a video of how it sounds playing some sweet. Ratt, jovi or poison sounds .

congratulations 

• clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    I can smell the hairspray from here :)  Ah the memories, good old days! Enjoy :)
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11448
    It would be quite fun to turn up to play in church with one of those!  Be a bit of a change from the Coldplay wannabe types.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16097
    So uncool that it's cool 
    Get backcombing now
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31590
    Love it! I'd happily play it in any band tbh, the more inappropriate the better!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    edited January 2020
    Instant RATT/Poison/Warrant cred. Utterly awesome \m/
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4309
    That is fantastic. Good work!

I have a thing for shred guitars, even though it’s really not my thing. 

I’ve always had a big soft spot for those Suhr neon drips. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    I really, REALLY like that! Congrats on an awesome new guitar.
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4923
    I like that the pattern goes all the way up the neck too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • King85King85 Frets: 631
    If you're going to an extreme there's no point doing it half heartedly.

This looks amazing congrats.

• stonevibe said:
    randella said:
    Superb!  Absolutely love that.  Bet it plays a treat.

ICBM said:
    However you have the wrong amp - you need a 160W Crate solid-state combo, or a KMD, or something... chunky plastic corners, multi-coloured knobs etc. The Victory is far too conservative .
    Speaking with authority as the previous owner of a 160W tranny Crate I can conclusively say that you don't.  Need one, that is. 
    That Jackson looks a bit like a 'Tranny' in the same D Snider kind of subtle, all colours at once explosion in make-up factory.

https://metalheadzone.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/dee-snider-2019.jpg
    There was a band kickin round ages ago doing the Hair Metal thing - delightfully called "Fisted sister". I'd sign em.
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
  • ICBM said:
    That is extraordinarily tasteless.

... in the best possible way! :D 

Personally I wouldn't be seen dead playing one, any more than I would have in 1987, but it's absolutely perfect for what you're doing.

However you have the wrong amp - you need a 160W Crate solid-state combo, or a KMD, or something... chunky plastic corners, multi-coloured knobs etc. The Victory is far too conservative :).
    You’ve not heard a Kraken then. 

Not like any other Victories.

It’s a very aggressive amp 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
    chris45 said:
    Hope you have the big hair and spandex
    Given the demographic of this forum it’s more likely to be no hair and big spandex...

Cool guitar though...
    Previously known as stevebrum
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11448
    Iamnobody said:
    chris45 said:
    Hope you have the big hair and spandex
    Given the demographic of this forum it’s more likely to be no hair and big spandex...

Cool guitar though...

Brilliant
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10425
    edited January 2020 tFB Trader
    ICBM said:
    That is extraordinarily tasteless.

... in the best possible way! D 

Personally I wouldn't be seen dead playing one, any more than I would have in 1987, but it's absolutely perfect for what you're doing.

However you have the wrong amp - you need a 160W Crate solid-state combo, or a KMD, or something... chunky plastic corners, multi-coloured knobs etc. The Victory is far too conservative .
    I used to be a Crate dealer when I had the music shop ... happy days. 

I used to use one of these for rehearsals ... if I remember correctly it sounded quite good 
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ExorcistExorcist Frets: 604
    Congrats, awesome!
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72345
    OilCityPickups said:

I used to be a Crate dealer when I had the music shop ... happy days. 

I used to use one of these for rehearsals ... if I remember correctly it sounded quite good 
    There's a G160XL in the shop I work for - that's the 160W 1x12" with an EV speaker. I think it has the highest volume-to-size ratio of any amp I know of, even louder than a MkI Boogie. It's also nearly as heavy as one...

The clean channel on it is genuinely excellent, although the drive channel is very much 'of its time'. I did think about buying it, but the weight put me off.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein