Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Really BBC ? Really ???

What's Hot

Comments

• LoFiLoFi Frets: 534
    crunchman said:
    We don't know what went on in this situation, but I'm not sure it's right to come on a forum and assert that he raped a girl, when the legal system didn't find any proof of that.  Worst case, it's slander/libel.
    You can't libel a dead person (hence JMo finally getting to post "Michael Jackson f***s kids" and not having it instantly removed, back in the day...)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7109
    edited January 2020
    No-one makes you only read the headlines and slavishly follow the BBC and whatever red or blue newspaper is local to you. You could all try being intelligent adults and read some worthwhile stuff once in a while? You can literally do it any time! There are white papers galore out there and many other news sources.

But you pig bangers would rather play dumb and whinge about it than actually do anything constructive.
    Yawn, pipe down old man. Want us to read something constructive? Try writing something interesting for once lol.

And what's wrong with pig bangers anyway? They're the best sausages as far as I'm concerned, and I'm not even THAT concerned.
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99 said:
    No-one makes you only read the headlines and slavishly follow the BBC and whatever red or blue newspaper is local to you. You could all try being intelligent adults and read some worthwhile stuff once in a while? You can literally do it any time! There are white papers galore out there and many other news sources.

But you pig bangers would rather play dumb and whinge about it than actually do anything constructive.
    Yawn, pipe down old man. Want us to read something constructive? Try writing something interesting for once lol.

And what's wrong with pig bangers anyway? They're the best sausages as far as I'm concerned, and I'm not even THAT concerned.
    Tony, try offering something yourself once in a while.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tony99 said:

Tony, try offering something yourself once in a while.
    Sorry, that was meant for someone else.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • :lol: 

Bye!

• robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3494
    crunchman said:
    I'm not into basketball, but I do follow the NFL.  There have been a lot of allegations of sexual misconduct against NFL players - most of which have never made it anywhere near a courtroom.  Some of them are genuine, and I don't doubt that a few women have settled out of court to avoid the trauma of a trial, but it's hard to avoid thinking some of them are gold diggers.  From memory, I think one or two of them had a history of making spurious claims.  Sportsmen of that profile are targets - and Bryant was on a different level to most of the NFL players I know of.

That's not to belittle the issue, and when it is proved, the perpetrator needs to go away for a long time (Darren Sharper).

We don't know what went on in this situation, but I'm not sure it's right to come on a forum and assert that he raped a girl, when the legal system didn't find any proof of that.  Worst case, it's slander/libel.
    The legal system didn't find any proof? Really? There was more than enough evidence provided for them, they had all the proof they needed.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    I do think people fall into a self indulgent form of grief when celebrities die. Sometimes even more emotional than when one of their own relatives dies.
    Look at the completely disproportional outpouring of grief when Princess Diana bought it. People  who'd never even seen her in the flesh were hurling themselves off tall buildings and walking into the sea with their pockets full of coins.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2928
    robgilmo said:
    crunchman said:
    I'm not into basketball, but I do follow the NFL.  There have been a lot of allegations of sexual misconduct against NFL players - most of which have never made it anywhere near a courtroom.  Some of them are genuine, and I don't doubt that a few women have settled out of court to avoid the trauma of a trial, but it's hard to avoid thinking some of them are gold diggers.  From memory, I think one or two of them had a history of making spurious claims.  Sportsmen of that profile are targets - and Bryant was on a different level to most of the NFL players I know of.

That's not to belittle the issue, and when it is proved, the perpetrator needs to go away for a long time (Darren Sharper).

The legal system didn't find any proof? Really? There was more than enough evidence provided for them, they had all the proof they needed.
    I find it genuinely hilarious that on the first page of this thread, you'd never heard of him; now you're an expert in this rape case and think he's Satan XD

I know him best for

Image result for nba courtside gamecube
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Bidley said:
    robgilmo said:
    crunchman said:

I find it genuinely hilarious that on the first page of this thread, you'd never heard of him; now you're an expert in this rape case and think he's Satan XD

I know him best for

Your right, never heard of him, so I decided to find out who he was, it wasn't difficult. I guess I dislike rapists more than I like volleyball players.
    robgilmo said:
    Bidley said

I know him best for

Your right, never heard of him, so I decided to find out who he was, it wasn't difficult. I guess I dislike rapists more than I like volleyball players.
    I thought he was a cricketer.
  • King85King85 Frets: 631
    edited January 2020
    robgilmo said: 
    Bidley said:
    robgilmo said:
    crunchman said:

I know him best for

No reply to my response earlier?

I hope no one ever wrongfully accuses you of anything mate. I couldn't imagine anything worse than getting accused of something falsely then when it gets thrown out the accusation sticks regardless.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    King85 said:
    robgilmo said: 
    Bidley said:
    robgilmo said:
    crunchman said:

I know him best for

No reply to my response earlier?

I hope no one ever wrongfully accuses you of anything mate. I couldn't imagine anything worse than getting accused of something falsely then when it gets thrown out the accusation sticks regardless.

The reason you did not get a reply is because you believe him innocent, I dont, so where does that leave us? Not agreeing.
    But if you must.

You are convinced the allegations are false? It didn't get ''thrown out'', it never went to trial, she didn't want to testify, basically dropped the case against him. They dragged her past up, dragged her reputation through the bushes, basically called her a slut saying that she must have slept with three different people one after the next to get the lacerations that he gave her,  they basically destroyed her , Kobes lawers even fucking said her name out in a open court, 6 times, even though the courts wanted her to remain anonymous because of death threats made against her,  is it any wonder she dropped the charges? Is it not obvious what happened here?

''“As a direct and proximate result of the sexual assault and rape perpetrated by Defendant Bryant upon her, Plaintiff has suffered physical pain and suffering,” the lawsuit said. “31. As a direct and proximate result of the sexual assault and rape perpetrated by Defendant Bryant upon her, Plaintiff has been subjected to public scorn, hatred, and ridicule and has suffered threats against her life and physical safety. 32. As a direct and proximate result of the sexual assault and rape perpetrated by Defendant Bryant upon her, Plaintiff has incurred special damages, including medical and legal expenses.”

Its not hard to see why she dropped the case.
    Its also not hard to see he was guilty, in fact its pretty obvious..

Agreed you think a guy youve not heard of guilty regardless of how the trail has gone (or not gone in this case).

You've used a quote from her lawyers which I can't imagine would be biased and looking to defend her. 

Again it looks like you've just gone with a few articles of websites such as heavy.com lol who are there to generate clicks not tell the truth.

What did you think of her rap? A traumatic retelling of the horrific incidents of that night.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    People who are not rappers should not wrap, I mean that's golden rule number one. Anyone who remembers ITV's saturday primetime monstrosity "You Bet" from the late 80s will vouch for that after witnessing Bruce Forsyth's horrific attempts. I'm still traumatised.
    I'm sure even Jimmy Saville had his defenders.
    edited January 2020
    Sassafras said:
    What a retarded comment
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    King85 said:
    Sassafras said:
    What a retarded comment
    How so?
    It's true. People often defend the most unsavoury characters simply because they like to think the best of them and have a blind reverence for them.
    Sassafras said:
    King85 said:
    Sassafras said:
    What a retarded comment
    How so?
    It's true. People often defend the most unsavoury characters simply because they like to think the best of them and have a blind reverence for them.
    Because its a false equivalence, the two situations are unalike and in no way related.

You're effectively saying me stating the fact that Kobe wasn't even tried in a criminal court and settled with no admission of guilt in a civil court is on par with defending Jimmy Saville who was a rampant pedophile with numerous accusers whilst alive and posthumously, he was never taken to trial for many reasons but that in no way equates to the same as Kobes case.

It's apples and oranges.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    King85 said:
    Sassafras said:
    King85 said:
    Sassafras said:
    What a retarded comment
    How so?
    Because its a false equivalence, the two situations are unalike and in no way related.

You're effectively saying me stating the fact that Kobe wasn't even tried in a criminal court and settled with no admission of guilt in a civil court is on par with defending Jimmy Saville who was a rampant pedophile with numerous accusers whilst alive and posthumously, he was never taken to trial for many reasons but that in no way equates to the same as Kobes case.

It's apples and oranges.
    There are many ways you could have made that point earlier. Many ways.

Saying something is “retarded” was a poor choice.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    King85 said:
    Sassafras said:
    King85 said:
    Sassafras said:
    What a retarded comment
    How so?

It's apples and oranges.
    There are many ways you could have made that point earlier. Many ways.

Saying something is “retarded” was a poor choice.
    Fair point