Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

What’s your favourite overdrive pedal?

What's Hot

Comments

• lysanderlysander Frets: 574
    Timmy and clones for light to medium od, BE-OD deluxe for everything else.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000 said:
    joetele said:
    Mxr custom badass 78 distortion. Just had a blast of my nephews one and think it might replace my boss super overdrive 
    Tried one of these two weeks back in PMT. Wonderful pedal. 
    Had one for a little while. Great pedal but ultimately too much of a distinct ‘voice’ for me. Everything sounded like Thin Lizzy.
    Nice one, thanks, will have to check it out :)
  • Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1279
    Stacking them is becoming my thing at the moment. Favourite combinations are Riot into a Tim Pierce and ODR-1 into Revival Drive. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2199
    I've rediscovered the Hudson broadcast Low Gain setting. Not so keen on the high gain side, but the low gain is just perfect. 
  • If I was to use a separate pedal for overdrive it would be a Boss GE-7.
  • The vox Big Ben overdrive. Bit of a lump, but such a sweet od.
    barber direct drive. Wouldn’t leave home without it.
    just borrowed a friends angry Charlie v3 which is also a lovely od, but managed to get the barber to sound almost identical so won’t be needing one.
    The Swamp City Shakers
  • normula1normula1 Frets: 640
    TC Nova drive, just bought an EHX East River drive that sounds great too. And I've still got the Boss OD2 I bought 30 odd years ago.
  • JayGee said:
    Rothwell Hellbender - no idea why these are so overlooked, I know they’ve been around for ages.but it’s just a great crunchy rock drive. Currently sitting on my grab’n’go board with a Fredric Zombie Klone in front of it to goose it a bit for heavier moments...
    Good shout, I really rate the Rothwell stuff. 
  • JotaJota Frets: 464
    KoT
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    Next month's trendy boutique pedal.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72364
    Sassafras said:
    Next month's trendy boutique pedal.
    I prefer last month’s trendy boutique pedal, when the first owners are selling them off cheap and before they get discontinued and the price goes back up...

:)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    So I'm here with the BD-2 & SD-1, both pedals I've owned before, both pedals I'm fond of... But I've decided there can be only one. While the SD-1 was my original choice in this thread, I'll have to re-evaluate once testing is over (I've no need for two/stacking). Stay tuned for totally irrelevant gear news from a totally irrelevant poster.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72364
    Tenebrous said:
    So I'm here with the BD-2 & SD-1, both pedals I've owned before, both pedals I'm fond of... But I've decided there can be only one. While the SD-1 was my original choice in this thread, I'll have to re-evaluate once testing is over (I've no need for two/stacking). Stay tuned for totally irrelevant gear news from a totally irrelevant poster.
    Really, really don't sell either of them until you've tried stacking the SD-1 into the BD-2 - it's one of the best combinations. They're very different-sounding and you can set up three great sounds with only two pedals like that.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    ICBM said:
    Tenebrous said:
    Really, really don't sell either of them until you've tried stacking the SD-1 into the BD-2 - it's one of the best combinations. They're very different-sounding and you can set up three great sounds with only two pedals like that.

Aye that's what I had going both before & again now, but truth be told, I'm happiest playing very clean ambient stuff right now & very rarely do I go for either, never mind both. The Big Muff is 100% here to stay, but I feel I can ditch a drive & barely be any worse off.

Been playing with both for the last hour. I prefer the tonality of the BD-2, but the SD-1 seems clearer. Like there's a little bit of fizz on the BD-2 that feels out of place that I wish I could get rid of. If that weren't there, the SD-1 would already be for sale.
  • 77ric77ric Frets: 539
    I’m still fiddling with it but I recently acquired a T-Rex Møller 2 and it’s great, it’s replaced a EHX soul food, a Duncan Ep101 and to a lesser extent an EQD speaker cranker. 

Stacked into a green Russian it is frankly glorious. 
  • Alex335Alex335 Frets: 121
    Duellist into RYRA klone mostly...  
    Surprising.. I thought there would be more KOT's in this thread?.. 
  • tekbowtekbow Frets: 1699
    Since we're on the subject, any distinct differences between the SD-1 and TS in terms of the classic boosting a crunch channel application?

Worth having both for all the price an SD-1 is pre-owned?

Also.. now we're a decade on from the whole buffers vs true bypass debate, are we ok with buffered boss bypass again?
  • Maxon TS808
    Boo TS808 clone
    Boss SD-2
    Fulltone OCD
    Friedman BE-OD
    Hardwire Tube Overdrive
    TC Electronic Dark Matter

Bye!

• joetele said:
    Mine is still the Plumes but on reflection I'm a big fan of the Blues Driver. 
    Plumes arrived today, really is an excellent overdrive from clean boost to crunch. Great stacked into my new distortion pedal, Walrus Audio Iron Horse. Both have three clipping options, between the two I’m sorted from clean boost to extreme noise. The Iron Horse has real cutting clarity combined with plenty of bass. As you can tell I’m satisfied for drives at the moment, though I want a fuzz
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 951
    joetele said:
    Mine is still the Plumes but on reflection I'm a big fan of the Blues Driver. 
    Plumes arrived today, really is an excellent overdrive from clean boost to crunch. Great stacked into my new distortion pedal, Walrus Audio Iron Horse. Both have three clipping options, between the two I’m sorted from clean boost to extreme noise. The Iron Horse has real cutting clarity combined with plenty of bass. As you can tell I’m satisfied for drives at the moment, though I want a fuzz
    I've got the Plumes paired with a RAT2 but not sure which way round to put them...
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs