Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

From low price, all the way to fairly high end... Chapman...

What's Hot

Comments

• NB: I said this on tdpri and the backlash was so strong I got banned. 
     =) I think the same thing can happen on the gear page forum if you dare to question the musical genius of various shredders and their ilk.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3992
    edited February 2020
    NB: I said this on tdpri and the backlash was so strong I got banned. 
    Just goes to show the pointlessness of retributive justice without any attempt to rehabilitate the offender into polite society.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    But Eric Johnson doesn't even play a Telecaster.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • prlgmnr said:
    NB: I said this on tdpri and the backlash was so strong I got banned. 
    Just goes to show the pointlessness of retributive justice without any attempt to rehabilitate the offender into polite society.
    Well, my point to them was I wanted to be shown why I was wrong to dislike him, seeing as how he's so feted I assumed there must be something I was missing. Instead of doing that, they were all like "who are you and what have you ever done to justify not liking our favourite guy" and "you're obviously just a troll", and it seems the moderators agreed.
    You're not wrong to dislike him, and personally I like his guitar playing but I'm no fan of his vocals nor of all of his compositions.

Stating that he has "garbage tone" is one of the most incorrect things that anyone has ever said about anything.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7130
    prlgmnr said:
    Stating that he has "garbage tone" is one of the most incorrect things that anyone has ever said about anything.
    Well I didn't read that as an insult, I thought it was just the name given to his particular style. Like 'Grunge' or the 'Brown Sound'.
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • prlgmnr said:
    You're not wrong to dislike him, and personally I like his guitar playing but I'm no fan of his vocals nor of all of his compositions.

I mean, it's hugely subjective so it's just my opinion, but I think he uses too much gain and time/modulation effects, which contribute to further muddying a sound that is already quite inarticulate because most of his playing has him rushing through lead lines he never seems to manage to play cleanly.

His clean tone is okay I guess.
  • prlgmnr said:

I mean, it's hugely subjective so it's just my opinion, but I think he uses too much gain and time/modulation effects, which contribute to further muddying a sound that is already quite inarticulate because most of his playing has him rushing through lead lines he never seems to manage to play cleanly.

His clean tone is okay I guess.
    I went to see him about 10 years ago when he played in London. I'm a big fan but I have to say his loose timing was definately starting to grate a little during the gig..
  • how many pages before this thread gets canned ?

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14553
    Philly_Q said:
    If you pre-order when do they take the money?
    Right here. Right now.

Chances are that a handful - i.e. not more than five - Rabea fanbois will slap down the full amount. Then, Chapman Guitars will know exactly what volume to build.

The asking price suggests short run UK manufacture. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • Philly_Q said:
    If you pre-order when do they take the money?
    Right here. Right now.

Chances are that a handful - i.e. not more than five - Rabea fanbois will slap down the full amount. Then, Chapman Guitars will know exactly what volume to build.

The asking price suggests short run UK manufacture. 

These are without doubt build in their usual Korean factory. There were prototypes for NAMM, but they were 'unveiled' in an Air B&B because of NAMM prices to have a stall. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    It would be twice that for UK manufacture.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23031
    It's changed.  Yesterday it was brown and had a maple neck.
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7130
    it's the new type of finish they use, it changes colour depending on the angle you view it from

it er....also changes the material used for the neck
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • Philtre said:
    They’re probably reading this page!

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4175
    Pity the hordes who pre-ordered it on the basis of the first picture.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4175

tony99 said:
    it's the new type of finish they use, it changes colour depending on the angle you view it from

it er....also changes the material used for the neck

It's the "Chapmeleon" range.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RustySpannerRustySpanner Frets: 553
    edited February 2020
    He probably is a nice guy, and yes, he can play well. However, how many other people does that apply to? Thousands no doubt....maybe more.

I agree. 

But he actually got off his arse and made a huge success of it. I bet he has more fun making his living than most of us. 

Lots of companies charge the same or more for Indonesian built instruments. Most of the range  doesn't appeal to me, apart from the V and the Cap10, but they seem to sell well.

I wish they'd update the website though, they dropped the V ages ago but it's still listed as a current model. 

I've rather enjoyed watching his vids over the years. 

Good luck to the bloke. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6730
    I'd pay good money to have as garbage a tone as Eric Johnson. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaK-0fGnd7g

He might have cheesy vocals and a love of 80s chorus but c'mon....
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom