Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

From low price, all the way to fairly high end... Chapman...

What's Hot

Comments

• PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4176
    Fucking hell you could buy a proper guitar for that amount of money.
    15reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
  • TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    Are they still made in the far east at that price point?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    edited February 2020
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6882
    That guitar is ugly as fuck. 

Love the look of the new fender Baritone Cabronita though. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I like the look of it
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thats not even a real guitar it's just a photoshop rendering 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4176
    I might consider it if it had "Total Fucking Knob" as the signature on the headstock.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CeeJayCeeJay Frets: 455
    edited February 2020
    Thats not even a real guitar it's just a photoshop rendering 
    Also. 'Pre Order- Delivery Unknown!'
    Who's going to lay out £1700 with an unknown delivery date, for a guitar that is  probably still a tree?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3993
    I seems like only yesterday that you could get a brand new Vigier for 1500 quid
  • Vile.

The End.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14597
    edited February 2020
    It's just a Photoshop rendering.
    Indeed, it is. For instance, product description claims wenge neck (dark brown stuff) but graphic illustration suggests highly figured maple. 

Tenebrous said:
    This is the deal breaker.

Self-build from luxury/bespoke components should work out cheaper and provide the satisfaction of completing it yourself. If the time to sell ever comes, at least a Bitsa can be parted out.

You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • phil_bphil_b Frets: 2010
    It's just a Photoshop rendering.
    Indeed, it is. For instance, product description claims wenge neck (dark brown stuff) but graphic illustration suggests highly figured maple. 

Tenebrous said:
    This is the deal breaker.

Self-build from luxury/bespoke components should work out cheaper and provide the satisfaction of completing it yourself. If the time to sell ever comes, at least a Bitsa can be parted out.

Cant see it holding its value if you bought one
  • MolochMoloch Frets: 714
    Christ almighty. That will lose a grand in value the second you take it out of the box.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23235
    Does it even exist?  Will it ever exist?  If you pre-order when do they take the money?
  • What happened to the British Standard range? Did they ever make/sell any? It’s all gone quiet on that front.
  • I've got nothing per se against the Chapman/Andertons lot. It was on the strength of a Chapman video years ago that I bought an Orange amp, and they're entertaining enough when they're making demo videos, but my feeling is handing out "signature models" to all your great youtuber mates kind of makes a mockery of the idea of endorsement. Especially at this price point. It's not about the country of origin so much as the pedigree. For not much more than this you can have an American Jimmy Page Tele.

Massaad and Danish Pete are decent guitarists, for sure, but what's been their contribution to popular culture, other than airing their chops in service of flogging kit? What's aspirational about guys who make a living filming themselves comparing overdrive clones?

The problem with Chapman as a brand is that it's not an instrument manufacturer, it's a distribution company. So are Gibson & Fender, to be fair, to the extent their far-eastern guitars are subcontracted, however they also make their premium lines on their own premises, which Chapman do not. So the question is, would you feel comfortable dropping £1700 on an Indonesian product imported by a company whose head office is a PO Box?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 20reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6882
    I seemed to take a lot of stick for saying the same in an earlier Chapman thread. 

Signature gear used to be the preserve of the aspirational guitar god. If we are just aspiring to be Danish Pete or Lee Anderson or whoever now it's just kind of depressing.  

Buying the signature gear of people who are only known for making videos to sell you other gear. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975 said:

Buying the signature gear of people who are only known for making videos to sell you other gear. 
    In a single sentence, you’ve encapsulated a significant chunk of the zeitgeist, like the proverbial “famous for being famous” quote.

A huge proportion of the students I work with would accept the above concept without question.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• Bit sad really the power to the people model and crowd sourcing on which Chapman started was interesting and of its time. These days think they are just trying to grab the last few dollars from the faithful.

i have my doubts this will ever be built or they may get enough interest to get World Music to do a small run but realistically there is nothing there you could not buy better from others.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 12038
    What happened to the British Standard range? Did they ever make/sell any? It’s all gone quiet on that front.
    Long story short, the British luthier who they worked with bailed when faced with the volume of orders, apparently.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom