Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Well, bollocks.

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 20471
    edited February 2020
    Tolerance is a very individual thing, my Mum gets violently ill with all the opioids she's tried too.
    Tramadol is an opioid, as is Oxycodone/Oxycontin.
    Oxycodone/Oxycontin is really heavy duty shit, hence the huge number of lawsuits current in the USA  https://www.statnews.com/2019/09/16/if-purdue-pharma-declares-bankruptcy-what-would-it-mean-for-lawsuits-against-the-opioid-manufacturer/
    As with all such meds. just take as little as you can, for as short a period as possible & it'll be fine.
    Just be aware of the issues of longer term use 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 16439
    Tolerance is a very individual thing, my Mum gets violently ill with all the opioids she's tried too.
    Tramadol is an opioid, as is Oxycodone/Oxycontin.
    Oxycodone/Oxycontin is really heavy duty shit, hence the huge number of lawsuits current in the USA  https://www.statnews.com/2019/09/16/if-purdue-pharma-declares-bankruptcy-what-would-it-mean-for-lawsuits-against-the-opioid-manufacturer/
    As with all such meds. just take as little as you can, for as short a period as possible & it'll be fine.
    Just be aware of the issues of longer term use 
    yup, hence why I said talk to his GP,

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 20471
    ^ Agree. Plus, that's the only (legal) way you can get hold of any opioid/synthetic in the UK anyway.

I'd also be making use of hot showers/baths & local heat packs, alternating with cold/ ice baths & packs too.
    The cold treatments hurt like a bastard, but are surprisingly effective  ;)  :#
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 7019
    Are you claiming for personal injury as well then dude?
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • skunkwerx said:
    That's the plan - if I was remotely at fault, I wouldn't. This was down to people doing the one thing that pisses me off the most on dual carriageways, though, so...yes.

It should pay for all the work to replace the sills and arches on the Puma, though, so it's all for a good cause ;)
    <space for hire>
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2587
    edited February 2020
    Tramadol is a horrible dirty drug.

At least it looks like common sense is prevailing at the insurance company though
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
  • Phil_CPhil_C Frets: 287
    Get well soon man 
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12310
    skunkwerx said:
    That's the plan - if I was remotely at fault, I wouldn't. This was down to people doing the one thing that pisses me off the most on dual carriageways, though, so...yes.

It should pay for all the work to replace the sills and arches on the Puma, though, so it's all for a good cause ;)
    I would and wouldn’t feel guilty about it, it’s what insurance is for, this isn’t some fake accident claim, you claim what is legit and it seems perfectly fair in this instance to me.

good luck but prepare to wait a while, like possibly years to see any money.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12870
    That’s a shame, the car looked in great nick before the crash. Hope you recover ok. 
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5727
    boogieman said:
    That’s a shame, the car looked in great nick before the crash. Hope you recover ok. 
    There's an even greater nick in it now.

(Sorry)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 27935
    edited February 2020
    Puma needed welding to get past its MOT today. The owner dropped it off at the workshop, came back an hour later (as requested)...to see them blasting the car with fire extinguishers.

Apparently they forgot that with body rust bad enough to need welding come rust particles on the inside of the car, which are kinda flammable.

Fortunately, the only significant damage was the driver's seatbelt, which they replaced. They also changed the front discs and pads (I provided the discs and pads, they did the work as a goodwill gesture for setting the car on fire).

It smells a little of smoke, but I got it back. Took the wife to a friend's party, and...god, I've missed that car. I much prefer the flat handling and low driving position of the Celica, but in every other respect...the Puma wins hands-down. Ride comfort, power, acceleration, not being dazzled by oncoming traffic at night etc.

Oh, and the growl! When I previously had the Puma, I'd never really push it up past 4krpm. Having driven the Celica, where you can only really get decent acceleration if you're up in the 5.5-6krpm range, I'm no longer as worried about pushing it that hard, and wow.

It's totally childish, but it just puts a big ol' grin on my face.

Once the bodywork's done, I'll probably get some coilovers to stiffen it up and lower it an inch or so, and probably get a seat that goes a bit lower so I can get a more comfortable driving position. It doesn't need to be as low as the Celica, though.
    <space for hire>