New Epiphone Les Paul Special TV Yellow

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• SnapSnap Frets: 6264
    it's nice. I'll put a decent set of 11s or 10-53s on it and it will probably be bang on for me. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • drphibesdrphibes Frets: 68
    Snap said:
    It has landed.
    Verdict - unbelievably good. Really.

Build quality is lovely, nice neck, stock strings a bit crap. Setup out of the box is fine. Only thing I don't like are the tuners which feel a little small. That could be cos I am used to my PRS and Gibbo which in tuner dept are ace.

Play, feel - nice and easy, like the neck which fills the palm comfortably. Neck is nicely bound.
    Quite light, much lighter than my LP std.

Sound - wow. Just wow. Bridge has a real clarity to it, rings nicely and puts out a lot of gain when cranked, but cleans up very well when you roll the vol back. Both pup setting is nice and open, full but not mucky. Neck pup is loud, and a very much a classic P90 sound. Lots of sustain, open ringing tone throughout.

tone controls are a little all or nothing, but tbh I have them on 10 for every guitar I have. 

All in, I can't believe the quality of this for the money. It's in a different league to the Epi LP std I had about 20 years ago. Perfectly good enough to be your main guitar IMO. Lets see how I feel about it when I've lived with it a bit.

What store did you buy from ? Still available to order on the ones I can find.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    @Snap how's the honeymoon going?
    @drphibes I got it from guitarguitar. 

@roberty - still good. My go to guitars are a 2003 Gibson LP std, and a PRS Paul's Guitar. Tough competition! But, it holds up pretty well against both. I really like the tone of the P90s.

I do like the neck on the Special, it's a nice profile. It really does need a change of strings though. And I don't like the tuners at all. 
    Snap said:
    @drphibes I got it from guitarguitar. 

@roberty - still good. My go to guitars are a 2003 Gibson LP std, and a PRS Paul's Guitar. Tough competition! But, it holds up pretty well against both. I really like the tone of the P90s.

I do like the neck on the Special, it's a nice profile. It really does need a change of strings though. And I don't like the tuners at all. 
    Sounds like a bloody bargain. Excellent stuff. P90s are so anarchic, I need another guitar with them soon
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2898
    Really tempted by one of these or the Jr to get my singlecut fix! Sounds like it's holding up well with some stiff competition. I love P90s too.

I was looking at those new Gibson LP Special Tributes, but played one of the tribute SGs and not sold on the the faded/worn open pore finish, just feels a bit cheap when you're paying almost a grand. Looking forward to shops opening again so I can go have a proper play!
    TTBZ said:
    Really tempted by one of these or the Jr to get my singlecut fix! Sounds like it's holding up well with some stiff competition. I love P90s too.

I was looking at those new Gibson LP Special Tributes, but played one of the tribute SGs and not sold on the the faded/worn open pore finish, just feels a bit cheap when you're paying almost a grand. Looking forward to shops opening again so I can go have a proper play!
    Yeah that's my plan too :-) 
    I'll get a short demo of it up so you can hear it. I'll just do a quick cycle through the pickup selector, clean and OD
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom