20% off *everthing* at Guitar Village

What's Hot
12345679»

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6908
    Grampa said:
    Ordered on the 30th, no tracking email yet.....
    Me too, me neither. Have e-mailed them requesting an update as payment taken. Birthday pressie for my grandson.
    I phoned them yesterday (they didnt answer my earlier email), they has been dispatching 50 guitars a day since Sunday, so has obviously sold quite a few.

Mine was being held due to a slight flaw in the finish on the back - they said they wanted to check I was Ok with that (but hadnt called me about it yet!). Mine was dispatched this afternoon, due here tomorrow.

Might be worth ringing them to check everythings OK with your order.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • GrampaGrampa Frets: 954
    Cheers Mark, will bell them tomorrow am.
    My other passion is firearms! Does that make me a closet Redneck???
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4158
    Keep an eye on your junk folder too, for some reason theirs (and UPS’) emails went to mine for both purchases and shipments! Second guitar’s arriving tomorrow (Thurs) though :)
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6908
    Mines turned up today, and the flaw in the finish they spotted is tiny, so I’m happy with my purchase.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    Mine’s here! No flaws or issues that aren’t to be expected for the price of it :)
  • johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    They're doing better than GAK then. Asked for a price on something last week and am still waiting. Their customer services have said they're ridiculously busy at the moment too and they've not got any sort of sale going. Seems to be a good time to be in the business of selling guitars....
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11901
    johnl said:
    They're doing better than GAK then. Asked for a price on something last week and am still waiting. Their customer services have said they're ridiculously busy at the moment too and they've not got any sort of sale going. Seems to be a good time to be in the business of selling guitars....
    A fair few of them will resurface if this lockdown drags on.
  • Fifty9Fifty9 Frets: 492
    Quite disappointed about the end discount seemed to make them approx 3-5% cheaper than other online sources for new stuff. Not to sneer at of course but hardly likely to trigger an impulse buy either. Particularly as I'm someone who 99% of the time buys used.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    ^ @Fifty9 and others - I think it really depends what you’re expecting and what gear you were looking at.

The two I bought were both considerably cheaper than any other retailer and were basically used prices, that was good enough for me to jump on.

The margins on some products can be very tight, with little room for discounts if any profit is to be made. Other ones might be more generous, or be treated as loss-leaders/cash-flow opportunities, but that could only ever be a slim minority if stock.
    edited April 2020
    Finally got confirmation that mine has shipped (took 2 phone calls and 3 e-mails), due for delivery tomorrow, happy days.

And yes, what I bought new was roughly equivalent to second hand prices I've seen advertised.
  • Fifty9Fifty9 Frets: 492
    Appreciate that & you’re spot on. Some will be more keenly priced than others. Just wasn’t for me this time.
  • AlexHunterAlexHunter Frets: 422
    No tracking email, no comms whatsoever and money refunded to my account......
    guess others had a better experience.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    No tracking email, no comms whatsoever and money refunded to my account......
    guess others had a better experience.
    Not the greatest experience to be honest, shouldn't have had to work so hard from my end just to get some basic info. Unless they have another mega sale I'll probably stick to the retailers who've given me great service in the past, which is most of them to be fair.
  • EzekielEzekiel Frets: 36
    I bought a Fender Performer Tele in vintage white from them on Monday night. They called me on Tuesday but I couldn’t pick up because I was working but I assume they wanted to inform me about delays.
    The guitar went out on Tuesday though and UPS was too slow to deliver yesterday but managed to do it today. 

So my experience overall was positive and the guitar is set up well too.
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Glad I missed this. Was so close to a 61 Vibrola SG which I absolutely do not need right now