20% off *everthing* at Guitar Village

What's Hot

Comments

• gringopig said:
    Their prices are extortionate and would have to drop musch more then 20% for me to ever buy from them again after my purchase from them a while ago. Guitar had to have a new nut put on as soon as I got it but the 'checklist' they supplied gave me a chuckle. In fact 50% off might not even sway me.
    They have always been ridiculous on price, especially their second hand gear 

Thanks for the lol Guitar Village
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11960
    edited March 2020
    gringopig said:
    Their prices are extortionate and would have to drop musch more then 20% for me to ever buy from them again after my purchase from them a while ago. Guitar had to have a new nut put on as soon as I got it but the 'checklist' they supplied gave me a chuckle. In fact 50% off might not even sway me.

I know, ridiculous pricing indeed.  ;)

1reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2041
    Fishboy7 said:
    I keep coming back to this Gretsch:   

https://guitarvillage.co.uk/products/gretsch-g6636t-players-edition-falcon-centre-block-dc-black-pre-owned-2019-ec

Is that a decent price?  Or still a bit steep?  
    That is indeed awesome.

What's a bit cheeky, and ties in to the complaints about price above, is that the crossed-out price for this used guitar is £100 more than the new price in other stores.  So the asking price isn't a reduction on anything, it's just the asking price for a used guitar.  They've taken their own new price and reduced it by 20% to find the used price and then made it look as if that's a discount.  Bit cheeky.

You'd really be wanting to pay £1500 for one of these used IMHO, although it is a stunning-looking thing, fairly rare with a modest discount of 15%.  They don't offer any indication of what the condition is, so although the current owner has only had it for a year, any signs of use you'll just have to guess at.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4198
    gringopig said:

That was me ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8198
    Fishboy7 said:

https://guitarvillage.co.uk/products/gretsch-g6636t-players-edition-falcon-centre-block-dc-black-pre-owned-2019-ec

The Silver Falcon is classier IMHO, Rob. But I might be biased...

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/173674/fs-gretsch-silver-falcon-gretsch-jet-more-pedals-added-price-drops/p1
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2228
    Hattigol said:
    Fishboy7 said:

The Silver Falcon is classier IMHO, Rob. But I might be biased...

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/173674/fs-gretsch-silver-falcon-gretsch-jet-more-pedals-added-price-drops/p1

Yeah, that is lovely.  I'm starting to get a bit of Gretschy itch......

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • danbandanban Frets: 343

I’m trying to put an order through and receive 3067 : THE CLIENTIPADDRESS IS TOO LONG.

Which is frustrating, anyone else had this issue?

• hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    danban said:

I’m trying to put an order through and receive 3067 : THE CLIENTIPADDRESS IS TOO LONG.

No. I had no problem ordering mine
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10342
    edited March 2020
    gringopig said:

You're not wrong. Some absolutely crazy prices on there.

If you want to see someone who makes them look cheap, check out New Kings Road Guitars. I don't know why anyone would buy from them. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5452
    gringopig said:

You're not wrong. Some absolutely crazy prices on there.

If you want to see someone who makes them look cheap, check out New Kings Road Guitars. I don't know why anyone would buy from them. 
    They have a client book who are more interested in what’s on offer and what the provenance is rather than how much it costs...
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27757
    edited March 2020
    Whitecat said:

They have a client book who are more interested in what’s on offer and what the provenance is rather than how much it costs...
    https://youtu.be/1i4rgxOi73c
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lysanderlysander Frets: 574
    edited March 2020
    I’m surprised that there aren’t more online guitar shops having sales now.
    People are bored, the recession hasn’t fully bit yet, and there’s a high chance they will be forced to shut pretty soon, you’d think now would be a good time to liquidate some stock.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    lysander said:
    People are bored, the recession hasn’t fully bit yet, and there’s a high change they will be forced to shut pretty soon, you’d think now would be a good time to liquidate some stock.
    Or perhaps they are still selling stock fine and have no need to blow out what they have.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5452
    TTony said:
    Whitecat said:

https://youtu.be/1i4rgxOi73c
    More or less!!
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Fishboy7 said:

If you have to ask ........ 
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24853
    There’s an issue that if you blow-out stock, you’ll have little to sell when all this is over - and will have to finance refilling your shop from a period of drastically reduced cash flow.

I would imagine how much cash the business has will be a significant factor. There’s an argument in favour of furloughing staff - which the state will pay for - and effectively hibernating until some normality has returned.
  • danban said:

I had problems with the website a couple of years ago, I had to phone to complete the order.

I bought a Vintage V100 Lemon Drop for £300 which was a bargain for a great guitar. 
  • andrewawardandrewaward Frets: 1157
    @danban maybe try a different browser or delete cookies of existing one
  • lysanderlysander Frets: 574
    DanR said:
    lysander said:
    People are bored, the recession hasn’t fully bit yet, and there’s a high change they will be forced to shut pretty soon, you’d think now would be a good time to liquidate some stock.
    Or perhaps they are still selling stock fine and have no need to blow out what they have.
    Perhaps yes, though I’d be surprised.
    But my point is more that the environment is about to get a lot tougher for a variety of reasons.
    I would think that they’d have a better expected revenue by reducing prices a bit now before non essential shops are
    told to close for several weeks, and the new guitar market almost certainly takes a nose dive later on when more people realise that we’re in this mess for a while and many will have to tighten their belts.
    I may be wrong, but it’s my intuition.

I certainly feel worried for music shops in the near future and hope they manage to navigate the situation in the best possible way.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11485
    DanR said:
    lysander said:

The Boss Gone Mad Sale is a long standing tradition at Guitar Village.  I suspect they plan their stock around it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom