Stuck at home Challenge - learn a song that you find difficult

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10272

Update. Got the intro and verse of This Charming Man nailed. I know there's many on here who would find this song easy, but believe me, this is a huge achievement for me. I've often looked at lessons online and thought, stuff that, that looks way too difficult, but I've stuck with it and muscle memory has pretty much kicked in. Also got the intro to What Difference Does it Make down, which again is a huge achievement for me due to the amount of string skipping it involves,but again sorted once muscle memory kicks in. From someone who spends most of my time on guitar chugging away at basic metal riffs, I'm rather proud of myself.

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I've started learning to play the piano. I'm finding left hand independence is really hard. I'm persevering though, because I've found that even if each exercise takes a while (sometimes 20 or 30 goes), I do get there. Sort of.
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2764
    DiscoStu said:
    I've been wanting to learn Cavatina for years. I tried it once and got stuck after the first few bars...
    Depends what sheet music you are working from. Some versions are “unplayable” and I do recall John Williams didn’t play as per the published.  I’ve got 2 versions here if you need it
    Smiths are interesting, as it depends on whether you are trying to replicate what he played live (I.e him with one guitar) or album tracks with multi layers.

what I found helped was to get the rhythm right to start with, often just using root chords,  then it becomes easier to move them up the neck with the rhythm sorted out in your mind and right hand already.
    good fun

Tunnel of love, josie and kid Charlemagne at the moment.