Is the '... Planet of the Apes' the best trilogy of modern times?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• RuneRune Frets: 7
    resovoir dogs, pulp fiction and jackie brown is the best trilogy :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BlueingreenBlueingreen Frets: 2594
    I'd vote for the 3 colours assuming it's modern enough to qualify.  The Bournes are a good shout, but the 3 one is poor.  I really don't understand why the "Before" trilogy has the reputation it has.  They are exactly the kind of thing I would love if they were well enough done, but for me they just aren't: they seem mannered, stagey, pseudo-profound and psychologically improbable.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4167
    I want to see a follow up to where mat damon landed back on earth and it was run by apes with like an apraham Lincoln figure , I liked that film 
  • AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    edited April 2020
    Although I agree with many of the trilogies being cited here - some of them are well over 20 years old. 
    To put that in a musical context - it’s like being asked about modern music in 1985 and talking about The Beatles.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22877
    edited April 2020
    AlexC said:
    Although I agree with many of the trilogies being cited here - some of them are well over 20 years old. 
    To put that in a musical context - it’s like being asked about modern music in 1985 and talking about The Beatles.
    To me "modern music" is anything post 1990 and I wouldn't recognise anything much post 2000.

And back to the trilogies, to make and release three films probably takes the best part of a decade, so there's half your 20 years gone.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33799
    Cornetto trilogy. 
    Yes, brilliant.
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    I want to say the Karate kid trilogy (not including that shite with Jackie chan) but fear it doesn’t fit the criteria of modern times.
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
  • pintspillerpintspiller Frets: 994
    Are you talking about the modern or original Planet of the Apes trilogy? The trilogy in five parts.
  • CMW335CMW335 Frets: 2051
    zepp76 said:
    I want to say the Karate kid trilogy (not including that shite with Jackie chan) but fear it doesn’t fit the criteria of modern times.
    You would also need to exclude part 4 with Hilary Swank as the Karate Kid
    zepp76 said:
    Awesome . I didn’t mind the JC one. I absolutely love cobra Kai too ,S3 has been held up though it’s finished but the distribution technicalities have to be ironed out and it’s held up by the current crisis
    The old one was quite good, I remember reading a few novelisations of the films around 78 , I was about 10 I always used to nick dads books to read. Also had one based on the tv series.
    i remember him having a moth an prophecies book around then too
    Are you talking about the modern or original Planet of the Apes trilogy? The trilogy in five parts.

• zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    CMW335 said:
    zepp76 said:
    You would also need to exclude part 4 with Hilary Swank as the Karate Kid
    The less said about that one the better though!

zepp76 said:
    Awesome . I didn’t mind the JC one. I absolutely love cobra Kai too ,S3 has been held up though it’s finished but the distribution technicalities have to be ironed out and it’s held up by the current crisis
    Cobra Kai is fantastic although I’ve only seen the first two episodes of the second season.
    Tomorrow will be a good day.