NGD - The heaviest neck in the world

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• bluechargeboybluechargeboy Frets: 1906
    You need one of those emo kid wallet chains to keep the bugger in position. It only works if you have a heavy wallet though, so not ideal for a musician.

I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    Yeah, honestly the easiest solution is a suede-type strap. The seatbelt one you have on there right now is the slippiest material known to man. I had a bass for a while with mad neck dive and a grippy strap took care of it. It did hang heavier on my left shoulder rather than spread the weight over my back as normal, and I had to make sure I wasn't wearing loose clothes but it did work pretty well and I didn't have to alter the bass in any way.
    I have an Epiphone Firebird which I use with a suede-backed Levi's strap and it's fine. Having said that - maybe it's because it has those Steinberger Gearless tuners instead of the usual sort, but generally neck dive isn't really an issue.

This is great as it means I can take both hands off the guitar and wander round with it like I'm dead cool ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3324
    edited May 2020
    There’s an easy solution, gift the guitar to me and it will no longer bother you. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AK99AK99 Frets: 1640
    grayn said:
    That is brilliant :)
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 2015
    I'd wrap the strap round the headstock - Looks amazing btw
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3357
    Love firebirds. Gigged one for ages. 
    Sat down there’s nothing you can do about neck dive but for standing; either buy a grabby strap or sew a pocket onto a strap and load some weights into it to counter balance. 
    I’ve heard of putting weights in the control cavity too. 
  • Tikibird44Tikibird44 Frets: 15
    Change the tuners to Steinbergs and put a Bigsby on it.
  • GrangousierGrangousier Frets: 2666
    This probably won't appeal to you (or anyone sane), but I had an Explorer-shaped bass (Hondo II, I think it was) with a bit of a neckdive problem, and my solution was to make the strap a little longer and hook it over the top of the bit that stuck out at the back of the guitar (so, instead of going behind the body, it went in front), pulling it against my body. Used a similar strategy with a Flying V (Epiphone). Probably not cool, but then looking cool was always a bit of a non-starter for me.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Balrog68Balrog68 Frets: 100
    edited May 2020
    I put another strap button on the heel of my TB70 bass and use nonslip strap.. Helps a lot, but doesn't solve it completely.. may be different on a six string.
    Beautiful guitar by the way!