SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Original Floyd Rose brass sustain blocks (not oversize) £10 each

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• I've sent you a PM cheers
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • kipplekipple Frets: 354
    edited November 2020
    kipple said:
    kipple said:

Do you know if the Fat Cat Steel block will fit a Floyd Rose Pro
    @kipple - we have to make a special one for the Floyd Rose Pro as the screws needed to be offset to let the block sit against the springs for the fine tuning mechanism.
    It's a little more @£45 but that is down to our engineer charging a bit more for the one off
    Think we have them in 42mm and 35mm

Ok thanks . I'm waiting for a guitar to arrive that has a Floyd Rose Pro. Once it gets here,,if it EVER gets here.  I will decide if I want one for that
    Thanks
    Guitar has finally arrived, it's a Kramer Pro-Axe which has a Floyd rose pro. the size is something that is unsure as the Floyd was actually made by Kahler. it says Floyd rose Pro on top of baseplate but Say's APMW on the underside of baseplate which is I believe American precision metal works.. otherwise nown as... KAHLER. I have read that Kahler from this era used both Metric and imperial sizes so I am not sure what would fit this. Can you advise please as I fancy buying one of your steel blocks for it but do not want to accidentally buy one that does not fit 
    EDIT now I think about it .. it might actually have said APW which I think is still a Kahler
    I put peoples heads in horse's beds

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14453
    We do a special version of the cold rolled steel Fatcat block for the Jackson JT6 designed to fit perfectly.

Reader, I bought the JT-6 version.

This forced a long-overdue complete strip down and reassembly of my original Charvel vibrato. 

It is no coincidence that my purchase was made the same weekend as I acquired a bunch of NOS Jackson/Charvel spare parts from an ex-JHS employee.

I have combined the best components from one and half Eighties JT-6s with assorted new old stock parts from the ex-JHS stash. 

The stupid JT-6 fine tuners work so much better when the string block locking screws are not bent out of true. :)

The Fat Cat sustain block does exactly what it says on the tin. The one possible negative aspect is that the fatter block meets the cavity wall that bit sooner.

I shall wait until the honeymoon period wears off before offering any opinion on the improvement that the block has brought. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11595
    tFB Trader
    We still have a load of the original brass blocks for Floyds.........

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3078
    Pm'd
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• champ222champ222 Frets: 34
    Hi, assuming these are the only ones available still:

1 x37mm
    10 x 42mm

how deep are the threads for the three screws on the 42mm? 

On the Gotoh GE1996T trem blocks, the threads are much deeper than the length of the screws. this means you can cut a good 10mm off the length of the block and still fit the screws with no issue.

Thanks
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11595
    tFB Trader
    champ222 said:
    Hi, assuming these are the only ones available still:

1 x37mm
    10 x 42mm

how deep are the threads for the three screws on the 42mm? 

On the Gotoh GE1996T trem blocks, the threads are much deeper than the length of the screws. this means you can cut a good 10mm off the length of the block and still fit the screws with no issue.

Thanks
    Tapped screw holes are between 15mm and 18mm deep depending on block

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!