London Plane DC Build

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6391
    I likes The Precious ! ;)
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sawyersawyer Frets: 732
    edited July 2020
    Could be a production model. I'd go with a black headstock veneer if you did start selling them, as nice as  the London Plane headstock is on this example. Single pickup Malcolm Scott'ish model with wraparound be cool too.
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2609
    tFB Trader
    Rabs said:

I reckon plenty of people would pay good money for that :+1:
    @Rabs If I were to sell it how much do you think I should ask?
    Hmmm...  Always a hard one.. Everyone always told me I sold mine too cheap...

But I would say about £800...
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7032
    tFB Trader
    Rabs said:
    Rabs said:

That would be nice. It cost about £500 in parts and materials so I could hardly make a living out of it!

And yes, I thought you sold yours too cheaply.
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7770
    Rabs said:
    Rabs said:

That would be nice. It cost about £500 in parts and materials so I could hardly make a living out of it!

£800 is too little, if it plays as well as it looks then I'd say £1200-£1500 eg:

https://www.gordonsmithguitars.com/shop/stock-guitars/gs-deluxe-cognac-burst-sn-18145/

However I'd personally prefer cosmetic changes: button tuners, gold hardware gone and either burst front or no burst on the back.

• RabsRabs Frets: 2609
    edited July 2020 tFB Trader
    Rabs said:
    Rabs said:

I reckon plenty of people would pay good money for that 1

Yes well there were good reasons..  The ones I sold on here were mostly my show guitars. All several years old.. The wood on most of them cost me almost nothing and I didnt use super expensive hardware but always stood behind the way they played and sounded. Never had a customer come back yet with a single complaint. The custom builds I have done, I charge more.

And yes. Its really not easy to earn a living doing it at all. Doing guitar setups and fixes is really the bread and butter. But even then you need to get a reputation.. I have only been able to do this as I have no wife or kids to look after and no debt or I would have never started in the first place well as a business anyway, I started the first few before that decision was made.