The Fretboard Rickenbacker Club (NSFW)

What's Hot

Comments

• JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    PSA: not a Ric branded case, but decent price on a 330/360 flight case on FleaBay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/293701873599
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3200
    JerkMoans said:
    PSA: not a Ric branded case, but decent price on a 330/360 flight case on FleaBay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/293701873599
    Yeah been looking at this, just wouldn’t have the time to collect for a few weeks -really frustrating.
  • For anyone who may be interested, I'm pondering another slash & burn on my elegantly curated capsule collection, and my 660 is likely to be on the block.  Just pondering prices as they seem to be all over the shop, so any guidance would be appreciated...  Late 2000s (?2008), with original case...
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • eoinzyeoinzy Frets: 128
    edited July 2022
    -
  • Only a bit. It might be achievable, but 1600 is more realistic. Talk to @neurone - he has a lovely one going if you ask him nicely 
    edited July 2022
    -
  • Annoyed with myself for missing this. 
  • eoinzy said:
    Am I a tightarse?

As some of you know I've been on the hunt for a mapleglo Rickenbacker 360 6 string for the past few months. I've just been outbid again on eBay for the fourth time. This time I went up to £1,500.

Is £1,500 being tight for a 360? And if not does someone want to volunteer to go shopping for me
    Are you going for stuff that is pristine or player grade? 

Will happily keep an eye out. 

There’s a lovely looking walnut one on the bay at the moment that I recon will go for about 1500 as they seem to be a bit marmite with folks due to the maple neck.
  • The other option @eoinzy is to embrace the dark side and go 360-12. :)
    This looks like it might go at a reasonable price if you can get past the binding damage: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174428511405
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31589
    I bought this about three weeks ago, I waited months for a decent used 620/6 in the UK and ended up buying one from a shop in Germany for about £1450 plus shipping.

It's a 2010 and is genuinely immaculate, everyone who's picked it up just assumed it was brand new. 

It's very cool and as my first Ricky feels a little odd, though not in a bad way. If kids who started by posing in front of a mirror with a tennis racket graduated to Les Pauls, then those who started with badminton rackets would be more at home with a 620. 

It sounds wonderful, whether you want to play traditional Rickenbacker styles or not.

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Congrats - that’s a very fine bit of wood 
    edited July 2022
    -
    edited July 2022
    -
  • TonyRTonyR Frets: 908
    eoinzy said:
    Am I a tightarse?

As some of you know I've been on the hunt for a mapleglo Rickenbacker 360 6 string for the past few months. I've just been outbid again on eBay for the fourth time. This time I went up to £1,500.

Is £1,500 being tight for a 360? And if not does someone want to volunteer to go shopping for me
    Johnny Roadhouse Music in Manchester has a Mapleglo 360/12 on eBay at the moment for £1625
    We are all Chameleons...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • eoinzy said:
    Am I a tightarse?

When I was shopping around for a ric 2 years ago, this was def feasible. But it seems that demand for guitars is soaring at the moment (for ex, fender net revenue hitting peak record), so that might not be the best period to score a 360 with conservative bids...mine (a fireglo) is unfortunately in France and on hold atm, so it can't really fix your situation :-/
    Trading feedback here
  • Please accept this picture of my new bass as my formal application to join The Fretboard Rickenbacker Club

0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Please accept this picture of my new bass as my formal application to join The Fretboard Rickenbacker Club

Lovely! I had my mates 2020 in my gaff for a while as I collected both his and my 620 at the same time, and they really are a thing of beauty. Almost made me want a bass. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Neurone said:
    eoinzy said:
    Am I a tightarse?

When I was shopping around for a ric 2 years ago, this was def feasible. But it seems that demand for guitars is soaring at the moment (for ex, fender net revenue hitting peak record), so that might not be the best period to score a 360 with conservative bids...mine (a fireglo) is unfortunately in France and on hold atm, so it can't really fix your situation :-/
    I wish everyone here was wanking over 360s when I had one up for sale a couple of years ago. 

It was a nice one - mid 90s Fireglo with case etc. Sold it for slightly over a grand on eBay - as I recall I couldn’t sell it on here for a grand.
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • eoinzy said:
    I've seen used sales in shops like Richtone before. Well if any of you could help me join the club pls message me if you come across one in a used store.

Why you'd be looking for a Ric when you already have one who knows, but you lot are a weird bunch! Cheers
    Surely an offer on this one gets it into budget and a rare finish to boot?
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124326976610