The Fretboard Rickenbacker Club (NSFW)

What's Hot
1222324252628»

Comments

• GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7162
    Posted elsewhere, but some knobhead was playing one at Focus Wales too 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    I can now join in on this thread….. Mr F bought me this last week…. 620/12 I’m in love

I'm not really a fan of Ricks but that one looks alright. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scarry67scarry67 Frets: 143
    I was finding my 2011 330 6 a bit too “plinky” if that’s the correct term and thought about raising the action. Checked it with metal rule: 1mm on bass & treble sides. That’s low! Moved closer to 1.9 and 1.2 as I believe is recommended and it’s much easier to bend treble strings and acoustic sound is louder. How do others here set their action?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1388
    edited March 4
    More tyre kicking than anything, but what are the main differences between the 610,620 and 660? Binding v no binding and pickups? One of them has a wider neck? They look really small. How do they feel compared to a Mustang, which is small, but easy to play (for me).
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28210
    This was mine.

"[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    Apparently the 2024 300 series models are 21 frets, if that means anything. And gloss fretboards.
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3322
    I love the looks of the 620,650,660 models but every review I hear of them people are playing the same stuff, jangly chords. 
    Are they all plinky jangle and shrill under gain or it it just how they’ve set their amps up? 
    I think the middle pickup position sounds glorious. 
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4812
    edited March 14
    Finally joined the club again a while back but hadn't added a pic in here. Whilst it's already had its debut, it's back again!!

Sounds glorious and is my current fave.... It's a great guitar and has been played to death because it's so good. 

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3655
    I forgot all about this thread.  I joined the club back in May last year (officially 7th June, as this was a 60th birthday present to myself but I sneaked it out for a gig about a week before).

• SporkySporky Frets: 28210
    grungebob said:
    I love the looks of the 620,650,660 models but every review I hear of them people are playing the same stuff, jangly chords. 
    Are they all plinky jangle and shrill under gain or it it just how they’ve set their amps up? 
    Mine happily did chugga-chuggas. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    grungebob said:
    There’s a guy in a metal band called Baroness who plays a 620 but in a live mix he may as well be playing anything. It can’t really be heard 
  • skayskay Frets: 394
    Check out Bird In Row.

Not sure what genre to classify them in, but they’re a very heavy French band who use Rickenbackers to make an enormous glorious racket, which I’m sure have no trouble being heard.

With so many comparison web sites out there, how do I choose the best one?

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom