A thing that scared and thrilled me in equal measure as a kid ...

What's Hot

Comments

• robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3495
    Squat parties.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5517
    edited June 2020
  • SpringywheelSpringywheel Frets: 942
    edited June 2020
    Maths teachers. They’re bereft of heart and soul, and genuinely still give me nightmares to this day. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1527
    The first punk rocker I ever saw in a shop in town. Mohawk, tartan kilt, leather pants, high leg air wear boots, nose piercing being served by a man with massive curly hair. Massive looped earrings, eyeshadow blacked eyes and bright red lipstick. This was my Saturday trip to probe records in Liverpool to buy a record and Pete Burns was the chap working there. I was shit scared to go to the counter. They both laughed at me and said "come in what are you after" also I didn't know it at the time but Jo's sticks (sp) were burning and Xray Specs Identity was being played. Magic moment and prepared me for my visit to xtremes a shop nearby and equally amazing. 
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    The Suez crisis. We lived at RAF Gütersloh NATO's forward base..... 
  • phil_bphil_b Frets: 2010

• the_jaffathe_jaffa Frets: 1797
    I broke my leg when I was 6 and was in hospital for 6 weeks. I remember the Day of the Triffids being shown on the ward tv and it scaring the crap out of me. I couldn’t escape either other than having my curtains drawn which only helped a bit
  • StratavariousStratavarious Frets: 3678

• JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1527
    the_jaffa said:
    I broke my leg when I was 6 and was in hospital for 6 weeks. I remember the Day of the Triffids being shown on the ward tv and it scaring the crap out of me. I couldn’t escape either other than having my curtains drawn which only helped a bit
    Your lucky. When I had my appendix out I had to watch the goodies on the ward telly. As a 10yr old they were very painfully funny. 
  • shrinkwrapshrinkwrap Frets: 512
    Burning of the Midnight Lamp on ToTP. This wasn't for kids, it was adult magazine stuff.
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3067
    edited June 2020
    The Singing Ringing Tree for me. The dwarf and that fish that would stick its head out of the pond and talk gave me the shivers.

I still remember the first time I ever had a nightmare as a kid - the night after seeing the Cybermen for the first time.

Who dat? Both character and actor. Genuinely no idea.
    I used to have nightmares about The Sea Devils - not helped by my parents renting a house directly on a Dorset beach every summer.  I was convinced they’d emerge from the sea, make their way up the beach and into my room.  

Also have no idea who is in the picture - although I’ve seen the image before.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • westfordwestford Frets: 581
  • westwest Frets: 996
    Karen black ... zuni warrior doll / trilogy of terror ...10years old watched on my own in dark room ... not knowing nans cat had also sneaked in ... woke the whole household up ... lol ...   laughable now ...

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7771

I was waaaaay too young to have watched the original 2 VHS TV special of "IT"! Watched the whole 2 tapes in one sitting on a sleep over at a mate's house when I was about 10. Barely slept for weeks afterwards!
    100% I hated going to wee in the night for years after that sink scene.

Story: my good friend's mum is Italian and they moved to Bournemouth when he was 4.
    One evening she sees IT is due to come on and (due to Italian pronunciation of I & T being "Eh Teh") She thinks this must be E.T (the extraterrestrial). So she plops my friend aged 8 in front of the tv....result...scarred for life!

• Another that freaked me the fuck out. The US and Japanese versions of The Ring. My brain will quite happily keep me awake at 3am even now imagining that Samara is crawling down the hallway to get me :lol:

Bye!

• enjo said:
    At uni we used to get high and watch the video-tape for this game. It was hilarious!

Bye!

• GizmoGizmo Frets: 1076
    westford said:
    Lol Terrahawks ! Lovely boy.

First time i saw this thing pop up in east enders i had Terrahawks flash backs

• JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    Health & Efficiency magazine
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33801
    edited June 2020