A new format we've been working on...

What's Hot
xchrisvxchrisv Frets: 573
Here's the first in a new series from the teams behind Guitarist, TG and GT. Hope you like it. Spam over ;-)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Sorry but there are just too many things wrong with this .. the obvious one being the fact it's a one hour video.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8539
    I've skimmed it (will take a better look tomorrow), think it looks good so far.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    Good luck Chris I hope it does well. I'll watch it when I get back from work tomorrow. Hopefully people actually watch it before they criticise.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3832
    It looks really cool. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Adam_MD said:
    Good luck Chris I hope it does well. I'll watch it when I get back from work tomorrow. Hopefully people actually watch it before they criticise.
    I did watch it ..

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3832
    The single pickup guitar thing might have gone on a bit, to be honest. 

Nice to see some good players playing gear on youtube though. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Good stuff can you do a feature on the man from GAK's pedal juggling skills...
  • Fretwired;274776" said:
    Sorry but there are just too many things wrong with this .. the obvious one being the fact it's a one hour video.
    Also isn't it just bringing together all the stuff previously released in last months mags?
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16298
    Nice to see TV chef Tom Kitchen demonstrating a PRS. http://files.list.co.uk/images/2009/05/01/chef-tom-kitchin.jpg
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16298
    Not dissimilar to the few DVDs that came with Guitarist, although lacking things like lessons that they had. I think the only problem is that maybe people don't want to watch 55 minute YouTube videos with multiple reviews, the norm is more single item videos. Thinking if the start times for each section were given in the description then anything they wanted to fast forward to ( which I did a couple of times) would be easier to do.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • NiallmoNiallmo Frets: 467
    I liked it, looked very good and sounded good. I'd agree that an hour is quite long for YouTube and I skimmed bits but overall I was impressed,
  • musteatbrainmusteatbrain Frets: 877
    An hour of guitar, amp and pedal drivel? I've not watched it yet, but COUNT ME IN!
  • svejksvejk Frets: 148
    Looks good. Yes, it's an hour, which is too long for one sitting. You could add section links in the description couldn't you? That would get round it. It's good to see quality recordings of gear, and straight reviews without showing off (Gearmandude can get away with a bit of showbiz, but not many can). Good job!
  • svejksvejk Frets: 148
    Oh, and more demos by artists, that's always good - it allows you to showcase different musical styles, like a technique video and demo in one. A live room would be a good idea too so you can see gear in a band setting, the way that many of us play it and hear it.
  • BilliBobBilliBob Frets: 19
    All Good
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2026
    Excellent. Really enjoyed it but agree section timings would be useful.

I linked to the single pickup guitar vid on here before. I still think it's one of the best YouTube reviews I've seen.

Keep up the good work.
  • imaloneimalone Frets: 748
    Chuffola said:
    Excellent. Really enjoyed it but agree section timings would be useful.
    Or maybe separate continuous videos as a playlist for an episode?
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Really enjoyed it, reminds me of listening to GT, TG, G cds etc... when I was a kid and nowhere near a guitar.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26665
    Fretwired said:
    I know. An hour of watchable stuff never really caught on, did it? Oh, wait...TV :P

Looks good, actually. Quality is nice too, and it's well-shot. I'm in.
    <space for hire>
  • svejk;274850" said:
    Oh, and more demos by artists, that's always good - it allows you to showcase different musical styles, like a technique video and demo in one. A live room would be a good idea too so you can see gear in a band setting, the way that many of us play it and hear it.
    I agree with the live room idea.

The Seymour Duncan vids were great for this. The power grid, on its own, is an odd sounding pedal with lots of graininess - in a mix, it kicks arse, cutting nicely but sounding plenty fat.