A new format we've been working on...

What's Hot

Comments

• littlethoughtslittlethoughts Frets: 639
    edited June 2014
    I found the little ident sound between each section a bit annoying. Also I've always pronounced Mesa like may-sa not messer, am I in the minority here?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • littlethoughts;275492" said:
    I found the little ident sound between each section a bit annoying. Also I've always pronounced Mesa like may-sa not messer, am I in the minority here?
    Same. Half life did that to me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    I've always said 'maysa' too. Just always assumed it was that what with California having such a large latino influence on everything.
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    This is great - does this mean that The Vault will be migrating to YouTube sometime soon? :)

Clearly a lot of work and love has gone into this and it shows. Very high quality and great sound too.

The only thing I'd change is that I'd drop the single coil shootout, as this already features as a standalone video on your channel (or used to, at any rate).
  • GuitarMonkeyGuitarMonkey Frets: 1883
    Fretwired said:

@chrisv - I still think I'd chop the big video into smaller chunks and have a YouTube channel that shows them all and links them. You'll then get comments on each demo and people linking to individual videos. It's easier to link a single video on say Facebook with a comment "check out this Les Paul Junior" rather than "check on this Les Paul Junior by scrolling to 35.45" .. just my two cents.
    You can of course link directly to any point in a YouTube video.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26664
    Fretwired said:

chrisv - I still think I'd chop the big video into smaller chunks and have a YouTube channel that shows them all and links them. You'll then get comments on each demo and people linking to individual videos. It's easier to link a single video on say Facebook with a comment "check out this Les Paul Junior" rather than "check on this Les Paul Junior by scrolling to 35.45" .. just my two cents.
    You can of course link directly to any point in a YouTube video.
    True, but that won't help them with building traffic. To get high search results on YT, you need people to click and watch your videos in the search results - if somebody's searching for a Yamaha acoustic but get a result titled "The Gear Show", they're not going to click it, so the video itself remains buried. If it's split up, then they'll see "Yamaha acoustic roundup", click on it...and job's jobbed.
    <space for hire>
  • LewLew Frets: 1657
    When's the Bonamassa special?
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    Lew said:
    When's the Bonamassa special?
    That's in next month's mag I think :)
  • Ianb62Ianb62 Frets: 22
    I watched it, and on the whole I liked it.

The single pickup guitar bit was good - makes me hanker for an esquire again, and the artists bits were ok- though Mr McBride may not be the best salesman for PRS as he seemed underwhelmed.

A show and tell section might be good- with staff, artists, punters bringing along kit that has some meaning to them - rather than a succession of reviews of new drool worthy kit- something that refers to the obsession side of guitarists rather than the gas, gas and more gas
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3633
    No, the correct pronunciation is May-sa.

Saying Messer sounds a bit dim on a magazine video IMO. 
  • xchrisvxchrisv Frets: 573
    Given that I'm from South Wales not Southern California, I'd feel a bit of a tool pronouncing it 'may-sa', if I'm honest.

It's the Moog conundrum. The correct pronunciation just sounds wrong/jarring in a UK accent, to my ears at least. Maybe I should affect an accent, football commentator-style, when using words that are derived from Spanish. 
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16298
    How do you say Moog other than M - OO - G ?
    :(|)

Can't wait until you get to review an Ibanez / Eebanez / Eebaneez / Eebaneth / Eyebaneez / Eyebaneth...
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    It rhymes with "vogue".
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16298
    Lixarto said:
    It rhymes with "vogue".
    I would have never guessed.
    :bz
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • xchrisvxchrisv Frets: 573
    :(|)

Can't wait until you get to review an Ibanez / Eebanez / Eebaneez / Eebaneth / Eyebaneez / Eyebaneth...

EYE-BAN-EZ every time :-)
  • MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1133
    Lew said:
    When's the Bonamassa special?Every month :D

• MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1133
    in Manchester it's pronounced Messo Boogeh :D

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DannyPDannyP Frets: 1681
    A couple of times, I couldn't hear what was being said. When the Welsh bloke was reviewing the Mesa, I couldn't hear him over the playing.

In all, it just seems a bit po-faced and lacking in charisma. In that respect it seemed a bit stiff and dated.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17648
    tFB Trader
    I thought it was great, very pro looking and I'm glad you don't feel the need to inject naff humour into it.

Really liked the single pickups guitar section. 

As others have said I think an hour is too long. Maybe half an hour, but released more frequently would be better. 

Also agree with @digitalscream that splitting each section will do more for your discoverability and traffic.
  • dean2371dean2371 Frets: 139
    i really enjoyed it. Indexing would be helpful