A new format we've been working on...

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• DannyPDannyP Frets: 1681
    edited June 2014
    DannyP said:

In all, it just seems a bit po-faced and lacking in charisma. In that respect it seemed a bit stiff and dated.

I thought it was great, very pro looking and I'm glad you don't feel the need to inject naff humour into it.

When I said it was lacking in charisma, I wasn't suggesting that 'naff humour' would be the antidote!!!

I find David Attenborough, Jeremy Paxman, John Simpson and others to be charismatic broadcasters - nothing to do with humour really.

When I say po-faced, stiff and dated, I mean overly self-conscious and a bit awkward - bit like those old sixties documentary pieces about The Rolling Stones or Fairport Convention et al where the stilted voiceover is at odds with the subject matter.

Just needs to feel a bit more loose and comfortable.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10307
    After watching The Gear Show video about single pickup guitars and now this thread,I REALLY,REALLY need a Les Paul Junior.

This is not conducive to maintaining a harmonious relationship with Mrs B.

Would everyone kindly stop it please.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17648
    tFB Trader
    DannyP said:
    DannyP said:

In all, it just seems a bit po-faced and lacking in charisma. In that respect it seemed a bit stiff and dated.

I thought it was great, very pro looking and I'm glad you don't feel the need to inject naff humour into it.

When I said it was lacking in charisma, I wasn't suggesting that 'naff humour' would be the antidote!!!

I find David Attenborough, Jeremy Paxman, John Simpson and others to be charismatic broadcasters - nothing to do with humour really.

When I say po-faced, stiff and dated, I mean overly self-conscious and a bit awkward - bit like those old sixties documentary pieces about The Rolling Stones or Fairport Convention et al where the stilted voiceover is at odds with the subject matter.

Just needs to feel a bit more loose and comfortable.
    It wasn't a reference to your comment, it was more an I'm glad they aren't doing it like Andertons or the "humorous" Guitarist CDs of old
  • xchrisvxchrisv Frets: 573
    @DannyP - I'm doing my best but I reckon it might be a few years before I'm giving Attenborough a run for his money in terms of charisma and gravitas ;-)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6142
    I thought that was excellent. Really enjoyed it.

No faffing about, straight into the gear and some good solid reviews. 
    If I didn't know any better I would reckon that someone has spent a lot of times on forums like this one to try and understand what players want to see. IMHO I think you pretty much nailed it. I liked the hour format once you got the indexing in.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • DannyPDannyP Frets: 1681
    @chrisv I thought you were good - maybe keep your head a bit more still.
  • Andyjr1515Andyjr1515 Frets: 3128
    Hi @chrisv
    Sorry I'm a bit late coming to the party but I think this is really, really good.  What I particularly like is:
    • The quick navigation
    • The fact that most of features are quick, snappy and relevant.  They show you and tell you what you need to know but don't outstay their welcome
    • Like the 90 second feature
    • Like the fact that there is also a decent meaty feature too
    It's got my vote 
    :)
  • IanSavageIanSavage Frets: 1319
    Skarloey said:
    I've always said 'maysa' too. Just always assumed it was that what with California having such a large latino influence on everything.

I pronounce it as if I was JaJa Binks. Me-sa Boogie!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • xchrisvxchrisv Frets: 573
    edited June 2014
    mellowsun said:
    This is great - does this mean that The Vault will be migrating to YouTube sometime soon? :)

Here's a scoop for you: due to the fact that Vault isn't exactly the most intuitive system in the world (for the editorial team or readers) and many people have been finding it clunky to use, we've decided to change the way we deliver video from issue 385 onwards in order to improve the user experience. More details in the mag soon!  
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17648
    tFB Trader
    chrisv said:
    mellowsun said:
    This is great - does this mean that The Vault will be migrating to YouTube sometime soon? :)

Here's a scoop for you: due to the fact that Vault isn't exactly the most intuitive system in the world (for the editorial team or readers) and many people have been finding it clunky to use, we've decided to change the way we deliver video from issue 385 onwards in order to improve the user experience. More details in the mag soon!  
    Good stuff. 

I've never been a fan of The Vault.
  • stedsted Frets: 259
    Awesome that mate, I just skipepd the bits I wasnt interested in, which wasnt much like!
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    chrisv said:
    ... Vault isn't exactly the most intuitive system in the world ...  
    Don't be so harsh on it - it lives up to its name: it keeps the content buried deep and locked away safe from any risk of anyone gaining access! ;)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    chrisv said:
    That's great news Chris, look forward to hearing more.
  • stedsted Frets: 259
    chrisv said:
    mellowsun said:

Yeah, having to download content seems a little bit of a dated concept, especially when you look at the Guitar Interactive platform.
  • JCA2550JCA2550 Frets: 439
    Watched the whole thing and enjoyed it a lot. More please.
  • LewLew Frets: 1657
    edited July 2014
    mellowsun;275928" said:
    Lew said:

When's the Bonamassa special?

That's in next month's mag I think :)
    wow it actually is? What a pile of knackered old bollocks Guitarist is.