Heads up on a bargain- Relic Strat neck

What's Hot

Comments

• MDKVMDKV Frets: 56
    I have no words: 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    I wonder how long till someone buys it tho...
  • 4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3131
    tFB Trader
    I'm sure in those photos he's looking right at us!!!!
    I wish you hadn't said that.  Wherever I am in the room he's looking straight at me. Into my soul. Into the innermost depths of my very being. Must. Resist. Buying. Shitty. Guitar.
  • xwolf5150xwolf5150 Frets: 180
    mrchi;300598" said:
    I promise I am not currently praying it snaps off at one of the numerous weak points on the headstock and smacks his annoying wanky face!
    That guitar is nasty.. not you. Lol
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12382
    Dear god, what an arsehole. I seriously hope nobody buys it.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33799
    edited July 2014
    Fuck me- what a goose.
    Nut cutter-extraordinare.

Seriously- this must be how he does it:

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    no more please stop!!!!I cant get his face out of my head!!!! and those nuts...man Im not going to be able to sleep tonight now!! 
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10282
    I like it.

Sorry what I meant to say was

"WHAT A BLOODY BELL END!!!!"
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9637
    That has to be one of his best yet.

• Trying to make a virtue out of a blockboard body.
    • Sanding off some of the veneer... Ooops!
    • The usual nut-molesting.
    • 3 different colours of screw on the pickguard, hell there's even two colours on one pickup.
    • The neck that should have been firewood.
    • Can't even work how to utilise the tab washer supplied with the toggle switch.
    • God knows how the trem is blocked.
    • Asking only £11 less than a brand new Squier!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3968
    I wonder if he's ever considered that the nut on a guitar he gets his hands on might actually work fine as it is?
    @chrisj1602 come on dood, this is sir m d Phillips nothing is good unless he has "improved" it, neck picksups expecially are truly horrific and an abomination to music unless he has worked his magic... You know it's going to be the same with the nuts :-)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12382
    mrchi;300782" said:
    @chrisj1602 come on dood, this is sir m d Phillips nothing is good unless he has "improved" it, neck picksups expecially are truly horrific and an abomination to music unless he has worked his magic... You know it's going to be the same with the nuts :-)
    Have you seen the Pacifica on eBay he's "improved" by blocking the trem? His reasoning for doing it makes hilarious reading. He's a complete idiot.

• WezVWezV Frets: 16694
    now guys, we told him he needed to do some reading.  particularly on how to cut nuts and do set-ups

then he adds this to his description
    I did though in my construction work ease the space wider between the bass strings; this has two purposes: one is that if the string grooves in the nut are all evenly spaced then the fat bass strings end up with less space between them... 

Takes a bit of translating but i guess he read something about proportional string spacing.  can't you give the guy some credit ;)

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3131
    tFB Trader
    13reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33799
    Genius.
  • MickMick Frets: 98
    octatonic said:

Seriously- this must be how he does it:

Well you do have to be certified to use a top handled chainsaw. ;)
  • Hellooooooooo... I am your worst nightmare and I am back!!!!!!!
    Probably little point saying what a superb and easy playing strat it has made... and yes sorry that the scratchplate screws are black and the pickup adjusters are gold but I thought that was allowed on a Frankenstrat... not on this strictly perfection website it appears.
    And my apologies for the photos of the real criminal himself... I know you guys get a bit freaked out by real names and real faces... and anything real I guess?
    But as it clearly upsets you all so much, you really must make a site rule that no one is allowed to trawl around after MD Phillips' ebay listings to bring back pictures of him or his guitars as your delicate sensibilities clearly are not up to so much excitement!
    Ps. Someone asked about trem blocking?
    He didn't block the trem on this one he filled the cavity and the fixed bridge is screwed into it... no easy way back for the trem on this one, but it has superb sustain and stays in tune.
    I loved the photo shop works of me... looks like someone has a lot of time on their hands?
    Cheers,
    Mark...................

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    @mdphillips1956
    Mr Phillips, a pleasure sharing your company again, and good to see such a wonderful neck being put to good use, it's a true work of art.... Definitely along the lines of a Picasso or dahli.

In all seriousness tho dude, you kind of bring it on yourself, you have a truly knowledgeable and helpful bunch of guys here who would be happy to help you make the most out of your hobby, but such offers are never accepted and you continue to blindly make (sorry wrong word I mean bodge..) appalling guitars, whilst marketing them in such a way which makes beginners think their getting a guitar as good as a Fender, when clearly there are glaring issues you are not prepared to rectify or improve on.

All I am saying is take up some of the help on offer and do yourself some justice by learning how to "improve" correctly, all of this silliness would stop and you would start to get recognition and respect from us fellow guitarists.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30927
    @mdphillips1956

Assuming you only have a flat bed sander there?

Thanks in advance for clarification.....

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.