CONGRATULATIONS! BCD is now gone.

What's Hot

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16301
    At least two Discussions on the go, many dozens of comments. Should we shut down a section of the forum ever so often just to generate forum activity? Eventually the forum becomes just one long Discussion in FX Classifieds bemoaning the loss of all the other parts of the forum. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    Hattigol said:
    I'll say this again every time we spill onto another page of 'let's tell the Modmins what to do'.

Why don't we accept the decision and move on?
    Well, Roland did say a few weeks back in a thread that questioning mods in public would result in action. 
    I think this a good idea. If an individual transgressor wants clarification of Mod action they can do it by PM.

I don't see why Mods should have to go over the same gripes page after page. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26784
    At least two Discussions on the go, many dozens of comments. Should we shut down a section of the forum ever so often just to generate forum activity? Eventually the forum becomes just one long Discussion in FX Classifieds bemoaning the loss of all the other parts of the forum. 
    Wasn't there a Star Trek TNG episode about that?
    <space for hire>
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33848
    octatonic said:
    10am?
    I mean 10pm of course. or 9pm - just anytime before people are too pissed to make a good decision.

Perhaps some people need to consider AA too. :)
    Oooo , everyone look at @octatonic as he dishes out his life lessons from his cloud of judgement.  I'd come around and give you grief if I hadn't just had my breakfast Punk IPA and mimosa chaser.
    I've only just got the stains out since the last time you did.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16301
    Wasn't there a Star Trek TNG episode about that?
    It's a vision of a dystopian future that I'm hoping to sell as a concept to Netflix. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8765
    Kilgore said:
    If an individual transgressor wants clarification of Mod action they can do it by PM.

I don't see why Mods should have to go over the same gripes page after page. 
    I don’t mind discussion about why/how we moderate things where the intention is clarification. Inevitably some of those discussions might repeat because the membership turns over. What irritates is where the intent is to make the author feel good about how clever he is, or just draw attention to himself because he doesn’t get enough attention from the rest of society. 

The constant “your moderation is inconsistent” is a good example. At some level it’s bound to be because we’re human, and we have different styles of dealing with things. However the important decisions about warnings, cooler visits and bans are taken collectively to avoid inconsistency arising from personal bias.

I understand the human need to be respected, and have some control over your environment. Trying to catch the moderators out, score points, or test their tolerance, isn’t the way to do it. 
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23134
    octatonic said:
    I wonder if making something like BCD available only between the hours of 7am and 9pm would make a difference?
    Would have even be technically possible?

Seems a lot of problems begin after people have had a skinful.
    But it's an "after the watershed" kind of place.  That's a bit like shutting down Horror Channel at 9pm, they'd only be able to show old episodes of Star Trek and SyFy movies about asteroid collisions.
    OK, so given the very sensible requirement to have some private space, we've created the Friends in Need section. It behaves the same as BCD did - only logged-in members can see it - but the expected behaviours in there are very different.

As such, please read the sticky thread in there before you post.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33848
    Philly_Q said:
    octatonic said:
    I wonder if making something like BCD available only between the hours of 7am and 9pm would make a difference?
    Would have even be technically possible?

Seems a lot of problems begin after people have had a skinful.
    But it's an "after the watershed" kind of place.  That's a bit like shutting down Horror Channel at 9pm, they'd only be able to show old episodes of Star Trek and SyFy movies about asteroid collisions.
    I know what you mean but look at the consequences of that- it's gone.
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3769
    edited August 2020
    OK, so given the very sensible requirement to have some private space, we've created the Friends in Need section. It behaves the same as BCD did - only logged-in members can see it - but the expected behaviours in there are very different.

I’m getting a “page not found” if I try to access the sticky. Do we need to opt in?

Thanks 

EDIT thanks for setting this up. I’m sure you have much better things to do on a sunny Sunday afternoon. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    drofluf said:

I’m getting a “page not found” if I try to access the sticky. Do we need to opt in?

Thanks 
    Try now - slight permissions snafu.
    <space for hire>
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3769
    Thanks - working now
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5025

I think that's great - thanks for doing that. I've never had to use it to ask for help or to vent about a sensitive subject (yet) buy have hopefully contributed something sensible to a couple of them and it does appear to be a great help to people. Good work!
    Call me Dave.
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2431

Excellent, thank you!
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23134

Nice one.  And I see a number of old threads have crossed over to the new section. :)
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    edited August 2020
    The problem now is we have to see all the utterly stupid shite in the regular forum, I was kind of glad it was confined to bcd. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2026
    But what about the fart thread? Will no-one think of the fart thread?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Which mod do I have to speak to about potential moving of individual threads?
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8765
    Any one of us
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 922
    edited August 2020
    I can't be bothered reading all this, but is this the reason there's a lot of shit in the normal recent threads feed that I would  not normally see?