Les Paul Pickguard.

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• EmielEmiel Frets: 214
    edited October 2020
    On a side note, any tips where to get ‘50s style Les Paul Custom black plastic hardware (mounting rings, toggle switch plate, jackplate)? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11878
    edited October 2020
    Emiel said:
    On a side note, any tips where to get ‘50s style Les Paul Custom black plastic hardware (mounting rings, toggle switch plate, jackplate)? 
    Reverb has some, you need to check Dimensions though, mine came from Crazyparts and it was off by a mm at the bottom even though I made sure I got the correct era (99-08 Customshop Historics), measured it.  I spent ages with a nail file manually take off a mm of plastic off the bottom notch!  
  • Off on a flame top on on a gold top
  • Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 1943
    It's a shame that Gibson didn't have a non-destructive way of putting the pickguard on that didn't require you to drill holes. I was pickguard off but I'm undecided again now. Looking @RaymondLin guitar I'm thinking it looks better with it on. If it was a plain guitar I'd say off. Poker chip should always be on. 

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

• My opinion on this has changed recently, I was off for a while but prefer it on now, something about it looks a bit more finished to me with it on.. I also didn't like the holes that were left when it was off, I wouldn't drill holes tho if my les paul didn't come with a pickguard
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11878
    Devil#20 said:
    It's a shame that Gibson didn't have a non-destructive way of putting the pickguard on that didn't require you to drill holes. I was pickguard off but I'm undecided again now. Looking @RaymondLin guitar I'm thinking it looks better with it on. If it was a plain guitar I'd say off. Poker chip should always be on. 
    Blue tac will work until you put any pressure on it.
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    edited October 2020
    ICBM said:
    Skipped said:

You can mess with this, but it is just "wrong" to do so IMO. 

The amazing thing is that she actually looks good like that - and I'm not a fan of tattoos generally.
    She looks better without them though (at least IMO) and I guess that's the point.

thats weird..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• WezVWezV Frets: 16725
    Devil#20 said:
    They did magnetic ones not too long ago
  • FezFez Frets: 526
    Cream ones off cos they look tacky black ones on.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • MudcrutchMudcrutch Frets: 323
    If is a old guitar leave it on because the body finish underneath it will be marked where the bracket is fixed under it.
    If it’s new Personally I think they look better without.