Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Decisions, decisions. Paisley advice sought.

What's Hot

Comments

• merlinmerlin Frets: 6685
    edited October 2020
    Scott has the winning answer right there.... ^
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72372
    JerkMoans said:

That wall looks unbalanced dude, the strat has to go...or get the paisley treatment. :)
    Of course it's unbalanced, there's a massive object just visible on the left which is bending space with its own gravity.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    merlin said:
    Scott has the winning answer right there.... ^
    I am very much into this. I think the jazzer looks absolutely fantastic as it is so I would do the strat in gold like this
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    Yep I think the Gold Strat concept is heading into the final lap in a commanding position.  Only fly in the ointment is Moans mini who is INSISTING that blue is far prettier...
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72372
    JerkMoans said:

Only fly in the ointment is Moans mini who is INSISTING that blue is far prettier...
    Blue it is then :).

It will look nice if it's subtly aged so it isn't quite as intense as the Tele in the first post, and it needs the matching pickguard.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• IMO that thinline Strat just needs a more sympathetic pickguard than the shiny black one it has in the photo. Aged white or something like that. Sunbursts might seem boring on one level but they are also classic, classy and stand the test of time. If you are determined to have it refinished I think it would look better with a simple aged Aztec gold finish or something like that. If you absolutely have to have a Paisley guitar I strongly advise on having the Jazzmaster given the treatment.
    IMO that thinline Strat just needs a more sympathetic pickguard than the shiny black one it has in the photo. Aged white or something like that. Sunbursts might seem boring on one level but they are also classic, classy and stand the test of time. If you are determined to have it refinished I think it would look better with a simple aged Aztec gold finish or something like that. If you absolutely have to have a Paisley guitar I strongly advise on having the Jazzmaster given the treatment.
    Left-field choice coming in there at the finish, @idiotwindow ...  The Strat came with a white guard which I replaced for a more SRV type look.  If only I could play like him.  Or half as well.  Or a tenth...
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    No love for black paisley? It's the best...
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1540
    The Strat looks classy with the current finish, don't touch it. The Jazzmaster is cool n all, but it's still just black. The blue would look classy as hell too, but because it is a less common colour I reckon it would suit your guitar more so. I don't know the process of applying the paisley pattern, but it seems Mini-Moans has an aptitude for art - so why not try and incorporate something she has drawn if it's possible?
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5382
    JerkMoans said:
    ***exciting update***

For all the well-meaning 'get a tele' brigade: I've had about 10 teles over the years and ended up moving every single one of them on.  Not my thang.  No idea why.  It's one of these 2 bad boys for the Extreme Makeovers job. 

Fair enough. I revise my advice to "Some other guitar. If you so much as touch that jazzmaster I shall drive to your house and make you eat all the books I gave Moans Jr, for that jazzmaster is a thing of beauty and perfect as it is".
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Hattigol said:
    Oooh.  That's got me a-googlin'
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer

Kalimna said:
    The Strat looks classy with the current finish, don't touch it. The Jazzmaster is cool n all, but it's still just black. The blue would look classy as hell too, but because it is a less common colour I reckon it would suit your guitar more so. I don't know the process of applying the paisley pattern, but it seems Mini-Moans has an aptitude for art - so why not try and incorporate something she has drawn if it's possible?
    That's a lovely idea.  Hmmm.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    JerkMoans said:
    Hattigol said:
    Oooh.  That's got me a-googlin'
    @GoldenEraGuitars can you show him the black stuff?
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    @JerkMoans ill pop a message through to you shortly. 
  • So personally I'd do the strat, and I'd do it in Blue. 

if you're going to do the jazz---which you shouldn't---then gold would suit it better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Snags said:
    JerkMoans said:
    ***exciting update***

For all the well-meaning 'get a tele' brigade: I've had about 10 teles over the years and ended up moving every single one of them on.  Not my thang.  No idea why.  It's one of these 2 bad boys for the Extreme Makeovers job. 

Fair enough. I revise my advice to "Some other guitar. If you so much as touch that jazzmaster I shall drive to your house and make you eat all the books I gave Moans Jr, for that jazzmaster is a thing of beauty and perfect as it is".
    :open_mouth: 

Consider the JM off the card of refin runners & riders :D
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    Hattigol said:
    I really like it, Fender brought out a few limited edition ones recently and they looked very cool. IIRC there was no P-Bass option though. The poor P-Bass seems to get such few finish options compared to every other Fender model, I really don't know why.
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    My best advice for Paisley is to never drive there, the whole town is a one-way loop and it's a pain in the arse lol
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    As promised, some black and white paisley 

https://i.imgur.com/CCI3CnG.jpg

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited October 2020
    As promised, some black and white paisley 

https://i.imgur.com/CCI3CnG.jpg

That's what I'm talking about...- with an Inca Silver or Shoreline Gold edge.