Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Nickel and cancer?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• kentuckyklirakentuckyklira Frets: 961
    edited October 2020
    Most people, obviously Americans even more so than others, seem to forget that we´re all going to die sooner or later anyway!
    Wer nicht für Freiheit sterben kann, der ist der Kette wert.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6719
    Without disagreeing that California's cancer risk labelling laws might be a touch OTT, there is known to be a link between nickel and some forms of cancer.

https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/causes-prevention/risk/substances/nickel

https://oem.bmj.com/content/73/Suppl_1/A42.2

Although it seems it's far riskier to inhale particles of nickel in enviroments where metal is being cut, ground etc than it is to play guitars with AlNiCo pickups.

Fun fact: Eddie Van Halen reckoned his throat cancer was caused by putting metal picks in his mouth. 
    And Michael Douglas thought his was from going down on Catherine Zeta Jones.

Turns out he only played a doctor in a film and wasn't actually qualified. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    How much time did he spend down there..?
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    Most people, obviously Americans even more so than others, seem to forget that we´re all going to die sooner or later anyway!

Yeah, but they wanna know who to blame.
    And who to sue.
  • AdeyAdey Frets: 2274
    What's going to get you first - Coronavirus or Nickel???

I'm bored with Coronavirus now, so I'm plumping for Nickel poisoning for my death certificate.