Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Which artists rig ?

What's Hot

Comments

• chris45chris45 Frets: 221
    I wouldn’t want to own it but I would love an hour playing through Angus Young’s stage rig
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Brad Paisley.
    Vintage & Crook Telecasters, a few pedals and lots of Dr Z goodness.
  • Andy79Andy79 Frets: 888
    Neil Youngs would be near the top for me
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    Was just thinking how that in the 90s or before (or even slightly after) this question would be a much bigger opportunity to fantasise. Back then you could do so much more with a big expensive rock star rig than you could with something reasonable to have at home.

These days with digital multi-fx units, modellers and DAW software, everyone has access to hugely complex effects setups if they want them and can use every type of effect and every type of tone they want. The difference between what everyone could have at home for cheap and the expensive rigs of rock stars is just down to subtle sound quality differences.
  • Jennifer Battens rig looks like fun
    https://youtu.be/6oRn0VBYYiE
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • thegummy said:
    Was just thinking how that in the 90s or before (or even slightly after) this question would be a much bigger opportunity to fantasise. Back then you could do so much more with a big expensive rock star rig than you could with something reasonable to have at home.

These days with digital multi-fx units, modellers and DAW software, everyone has access to hugely complex effects setups if they want them and can use every type of effect and every type of tone they want. The difference between what everyone could have at home for cheap and the expensive rigs of rock stars is just down to subtle sound quality differences.
    That's basically why I went with Nuno's 90s rig. The sounds you get from the old ADA preamps (MP-1 and MP-2) aren't available in any modeller, or any amp, or anything other than having an old ADA preamp. They're not even approximated anywhere, or cloned in a pedal.

That said, I'd probably ditch his GT-8 in favour of something more...useful.
    <space for hire>
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    Basically, whatever Michael Timmins was on for recording the Cowboy Junkies' Trinity Sessions.  Fender amp with something thoughtful, mellow and beautiful.

https://www.soundonsound.com/people/cowboy-junkies-sweet-jane
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • Stevepage said:
    Which artists rig do you dream to own?

personally it’s John Petrucci’s rig

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/d0/dd/50/d0dd50f2211514caeb808f1ce462a6c1.jpg

I’m a Mesa fanboy and his tone with the Mark series amps is perfect.

Yep, I'd fuck with that.

Bye!

thegummy said:

That's basically why I went with Nuno's 90s rig. The sounds you get from the old ADA preamps (MP-1 and MP-2) aren't available in any modeller, or any amp, or anything other than having an old ADA preamp. They're not even approximated anywhere, or cloned in a pedal.

Hasn't anyone profiled it using a Kemper?
  • RedlesterRedlester Frets: 1072
    Blackmore’s set up in the Dio era Rainbow days. Big fat Strat tone, wall of Marshalls and that all important Aiwa tape recorder!!! One of the classic rock tones. 
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8704
    Leon Todd:

No photo description available

Keeping life simple

Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    image.jpeg 9.7K
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummy said:
    thegummy said:

Don't think so, but...the preamp tones aren't the whole story. The MP-2 has a chorus you just can't get anywhere else either, and the trem and compressor are pretty special too.
    <space for hire>
  • newi123newi123 Frets: 860
    thegummy said:
    thegummy said:

Don't think so, but...the preamp tones aren't the whole story. The MP-2 has a chorus you just can't get anywhere else either, and the trem and compressor are pretty special too.
    M Britt has done an 80s preamp pack for kemper, which includes the ADA MP1. 
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2897
    @Roland wis for Leon Todd! Definitely one of my favourite YouTube channels. Great advert for Fractal stuff, I'd love to try an FM3 off the back of the tones he gets with their products.

Pro wise, it has to be Jerry Cantrells rig from either Dirt or his Degradation Trip album. Bogner Fish for Dirt and Shiva for DT I believe. Just the best heavy rock tones.
    newi123 said:

M Britt has done an 80s preamp pack for kemper, which includes the ADA MP1. 
    I actually just had a look and there's also a profile pack available for the profiler I use (TH-U).
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    edited January 2021
    Alex Lifeson’s Hughes & Kettner noughties era rig.

Vivian Campbell’s post-Whitesnake/pre-Leppard Bradshaw rig with Randalls and CAE+3 preamp.

The young lad I saw playing a few Boss pedals into a vintage AC30 back in some local band gig in Derby in 1994. He sounded like Kevin Shields meets The Edge & I can still remember his tone vividly. It was that good! It was pretty rare for twenty-something me to be generous about guitar players in local bands. But this guy was jaw-dropping.
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2897
    I'd also take Adam Jones' setup. Silverburst LP Custom and Diezel VH4, yes please :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    I'd have been happy enough with Rory Gallagher's setup.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3832
    Neal Young maybe. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Not as fancy but Billie Joe from Green Day maybe. Those two modded Marshall heads together (SE Lead and something else) sound amazing through a 4x12 with V30's. That's the tone I dream of!