New Falcon & Winter Soldier Day

What's Hot
dariusdarius Frets: 632
A cracking start. 
And an oh no ending. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26579
    I love the fact that they've addressed the normal-life concerns of superheroes. It's something that's always bothered me.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22794
    I love the fact that they've addressed the normal-life concerns of superheroes. It's something that's always bothered me.
    What, like needing a toilet, using public transport, etc?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    Philly_Q said:
    You mock but it's no joke finding pants that stretch without constricting if you're the Hulk.
    Philly_Q said:
    Well, it's nearly there...
    <space for hire>
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6799
    First episode was so much better than the first few of Wandavision. Look forward to seeing how it develops.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • dariusdarius Frets: 632
    Ep 2 done.
    Fun and funny and also a dose of social injustice.
    Not sure about the bad guys though.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6799
    darius said:
    Ep 2 done.
    Woman power!

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    darius said:
    Ep 2 done.
    From what I know of it, the story of the bad guys is actually started in Black Widow, which was supposed to come out before this to set it up.
    <space for hire>
  • HeadphonesHeadphones Frets: 990
    Loved the Black Falcon.  Bet they loved writing that bit!

This is way better than Wandering all over the place Vision.
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1830
    Much better than the first one for me. I may continue watching...
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
    Yeah the Black Widow introduction for the bad guys makes sense - clearly Disney expected us to know who they are.

Thought that the new Captain America is clearly a dick, so his story can only go one of two ways...

1.  Learns what Steve Rogers was really about (Peggy kept a photo of pre-serum Steve on her desk for a reason) and dies heroically before the end of the series.
    2. turns out to actually be a villain (who's been messing up everything.. its been NEW CAP all along... durrghh derr derr de de de durr durr...)

Enjoying watching the consequences of the "blip" - they would clearly be severe even in a world with Stark's miracle energy tech.

Enjoying what it's really about, getting two charismatic actors on-screen bouncing off each other.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    @darthed1981 - I think there's a third option.

3 - He's a genuine guy who believes he's doing good things, but because he's actually under the control of the US government (likely Thunderbolt Ross, given that he's popped up a few times in the MCU and has always wanted control of the SS serum) he's an accidental bad guy.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    @darthed1981 - I think there's a third option.

3 - He's a genuine guy who believes he's doing good things, but because he's actually under the control of the US government (likely Thunderbolt Ross, given that he's popped up a few times in the MCU and has always wanted control of the SS serum) he's an accidental bad guy.

Fair enough - but if it turns out to be option two - try getting the song out of your head ;)

Mind you could be

Whose been messing up everything, It's been the government all along, durrghh derr derr de de de durr durr...

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26987
    I don't think New Cap will get a hero death because he seems a good guy but not realising what he's getting into. More likely he'll hand over to Sam at the end because Sam will prove himself to be the one worthy of the shield. 

Either way I'm just enjoying having some really well-made TV where they can tell different types of stories and at a slower pace. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • dariusdarius Frets: 632
    Ep3
    Now i dont know who the bad guys are...
    edited April 2021
    darius said:
    Ep3
    I think that's kind of the point...

Everyone's the bad guy, but they're all right too. Basically, Tony fucked up the entire world to keep his daughter because he couldn't stand to lose what he had, but then killed himself pointlessly* anyway - I think the point is that nobody should have that much power, because they'll always make things worse through ego.

* He had unlimited power, he didn't need to snap at all - he could've teleported all of Thanos' vital organs to different galaxies with just one of the stones, for example, and he'd only need the power stone for that.

<space for hire>
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17607
    tFB Trader
    Didn't enjoy EP3 as much.

Was a bit confusing.
    darius said:
    Ep3
    I think this show is actually the MCU exploring everyone's criticisms of the superhero genre in general.  The real world's problems can't be fixed by people hitting things, as much as we all might want to go into Myanmar in an Iron Man suit and destroy any army unit shooting children... fuckers (off topic, sorry).

The characters are all dealing with a situation beyond their comprehension where suddenly aliens appeared, suddenly for five years half of all life was gone... then it came back... so now people moved on to new relationships, thousands of businesses collapsed, others grew.  People took others jobs etc. etc.
    So what happens to all the people who were displaced?  As always, like with the current pandemic, the developed world throws money at the problem, so (as we see in the US in the show) things aren't too bad, but in poorer eastern Europe ghettos are developing, and the US run agencies are all focusing on catching bad guys, when the real problem is where the next meal comes from
    Bringing Zemo back is a really good idea, as a man so cynical about the Avengers he turned them against each other, and found it pretty easy as well, as they already, being idealists, were two seconds away from disagreeing on SOMETHING.
    So who are the bad guys?  well the "terrorist" group might have a teensy bit of a point, but they blew up a bunch of innocents at the end, and that is bad in anyone's book.  Zemo is clearly unhinged despite having a point, so will end up a "villain".  New Cap and his team, well they are America aren't they, well-meaning but arrogant and gung-ho and causing problems whenever they fix one.
    Then you are left with the stars, Falcon and Bucky, who will always try to do the right thing, honourably and decently, because they both live in the shadow of Steve Rogers.  The lovely Peggy Carter got it right all along, she always kept a picture of pre-super-soldier Steve Rogers on her desk, because she knew that it wasn't the serum that made Captain America, it was Steve.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1830
    I didn't think much of Ep1 but these last two have been pretty incredible.
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6905
    Came here for photos of a Gretsch. Disappointed doesn’t really cover it...
    Previously known as stevebrum
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom