New Falcon & Winter Soldier Day

What's Hot

Comments

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7417
    I'm feeling the negative effects of not have watched the Caotainy America movie or Winter Soldier - having to patch bits of understanding together from any overlaps with Agent Carter, SHIELD, Civil War doh 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26992
    Really enjoyed that one. 

This show will make a lot less sense to anyone who hasn't been following the Cap/Falcon/Bucky storyline. I'm not sure you need Carter/SHIELD viewing - I haven't seen those and don't think I'm missing anything. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Yeah it was clear that there were a couple of characters in there that I'm meant to have heard of 
    Red ones are better. 
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26581
    @TimmyO - why not just watch the films and catch up a bit? Winter Soldier is actually one of the best films of the whole MCU.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
    Yeah, I'd suggest Captain America, Winter Soldier, Civil War and Endgame are the only ones you really need, and all decent enough ways to spend a couple of hours. 

Add Infinity War before Endgame if you want that to make most sense, but basically all you really need to know is 1) Thanos bad, 2) half the world disappeared including Sam and Bucky. 
    Yeah, I'd suggest Captain America, Winter Soldier, Civil War and Endgame are the only ones you really need, and all decent enough ways to spend a couple of hours. 

Add Infinity War before Endgame if you want that to make most sense, but basically all you really need to know is 1) Thanos bad, 2) half the world disappeared including Sam and Bucky. 
    Yeah I kind of caught a smattering of MCU movies around the middle then the final few.

I used to watch them if the particular film appealed rather than conscious of any continuity until near the end when my son got into it all and explained some of it (I'd have skipped the Ant Man ones otherwise but he tipped me off as to their potential relevance, and I did want to watch the last 2 and understand them. Before that I meant more to watching the ones I thought were funny (Thor ones, Guardians ones) and always enjoyed Agent Carter and SHIELD. 

I do feel like I'd like to go.back and watch Cap A, Winter Soldier and Civil War. 

And maybe Dr Strange as I only saw it once and I enjoyed it. 
    Red ones are better. 
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17608
    tFB Trader
    TimmyO said:

Yeah I kind of caught a smattering of MCU movies around the middle then the final few.

I used to watch them if the particular film appealed rather than conscious of any continuity until near the end when my son got into it all and explained some of it (I'd have skipped the Ant Man ones otherwise but he tipped me off as to their potential relevance, and I did want to watch the last 2 and understand them. Before that I meant more to watching the ones I thought were funny (Thor ones, Guardians ones) and always enjoyed Agent Carter and SHIELD. 

I do feel like I'd like to go.back and watch Cap A, Winter Soldier and Civil War. 

I didn't really like the MCU films until we got Disney plus. Due to lockdown boredom we watched them all in order and the continuation of plots and characters made them much more enjoyable.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22795
    TimmyO said:

I didn't really like the MCU films until we got Disney plus. Due to lockdown boredom we watched them all in order and the continuation of plots and characters made them much more enjoyable.
    I've watched and enjoyed all of them (except maybe Iron Man 2 which was shite), now I'm feeling a bit left out because they're doing these TV shows which will be part of the continuity - but I don't really want to pay for Disney+.
  • CrankyCranky Frets: 2630
    I'm rooting for the flag smashers
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24271
    TimmyO said:

Disney+ even lists them in both release and chronological order.

Winter Soldier is by far the best MCU film. It’s a banger.  
    Civil War = Avengers 2.5, but still good. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    TimmyO said:

Disney+ even lists them in both release and chronological order.

Civil War = Avengers 2.5, but still good. 
    I'm.going to try and get Zach to watch CA and CATWS with me 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Not just that, but it's got one of the best fight scenes I've ever seen.
    <space for hire>
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
    It always used to be nice that the "bigger" Marvel films used to come out around my birthday, the slow build to the first Avengers film was great though, I was totally sold by the end of Iron Man if I'm honest.

I think the first Captain America got me hooked even more, as the 40s trappings tied in with my WW2 obsession, I instantly fell for Hayley Atwell, and the little flypast at the end even got me, a Spit, P51, B17 and a Lanc - the western allies in a nutshell there.

I think I saw them all in the cinema from Iron Man 2 onwards, missed Iron Man until DVD, do remember putting it on at home to catch up some friends then going "the sequel is on in ten minutes round the corner" then we went off to the cinema.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3546
    Surprisingly enjoyable thus far. Definitely more involving than the movies. 

Getting a bad vibe off of Sharon at the mo'..

Well that was some serious escalation!!

Fantastic episode. And Loki starts shortly after this series ends, which is looking similarly fab

Fantastic episode. And Loki starts shortly after this series ends, which is looking similarly fab
    Yep. I believe we've got Black Widow between this and Loki, haven't we?
    <space for hire>

Maybe. I'm not counting on that actually coming to cinemas though! 

Maybe. I'm not counting on that actually coming to cinemas though! 
    Nah, it'll probably come straight to Disney+. Which, honestly, suits me just fine.
    <space for hire>
  • rprrpr Frets: 309
    I think it's coming out on both.
    The recent Loki trailer looks bonkers fun.
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1473
    Yea Black Widow is due to have cinema and Disney + PLUS (or whatever their extra paid thing is, that Mulan had).