Nux mighty plug - the best thing ever

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10418
    TTBZ said:
    Danny1969 said:
    If you put the Nux MP into the output of your last pedal on your pedal board and then run cans from it you get to enjoy all your pedals and the Nux speaker simulation, reverb etc. 
    This is how I'm mostly going to use mine so I can make use of my Digitech Drop and play along to songs without having to change or retune my guitar. I wish there was a way to disable the amp model so I could plug it into the line out of a loadbox and have a nice simple IR/reverb/headphone amp/Bluetooth aux in/interface. I wonder if one of the acoustic amps would be flat enough to work like that?
    Well they will have a massive amount of treble, as that's what simulates the acoustic tone. Try the Fender twin sim, that's what I generally use with pedals. 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2901
    edited April 2021
    I thought it was the acoustic IR that simulates the acoustic sound? With the Mightier app you can mix and match amps and IRs so was hoping I could find a flat/neutral amp to run a loaded down amp DI signal into the GB412 IR! I guess the twin might do it though. Will have to try and borrow a mates Captor to try it out.
  • ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7485
    edited April 2021
    Danny1969 said:
    Oh, bit of fun this but basically USB cable straight from Nux into laptop, no drivers necessary, video done from webcam audio direct from Nux MP-1 

This is whats so good about it, just so easy to interface with and for £52 sounds great  

I want this, but to ipad instead of laptop.

Edit: nice playing too. Just goes to show, this tiny digital toy actually has some dynamics in it as well. It's absolutely mind blowing. I think the jc model, twin model and plexi make it worth double the price of entry, and there is a great bunch of effects! 
    @ThePrettyDamned ;

Plug Nux into a  powered USB hub with it's micro USB cable - then connect B connector of the hub into an iPad camera adapter -  then plug that into lighting port. I've tested this myself and it works with the good audio going straight onto the recorded video
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Danny1969 said:
    @ThePrettyDamned ;

Plug Nux into a  powered USB hub with it's micro USB cable - then connect B connector of the hub into an iPad camera adapter -  then plug that into lighting port. I've tested this myself and it works with the good audio going straight onto the recorded video

Can you send a link to what you mean by a powered hub? I had a look but honestly don't know what I'm looking for! Is it this?

https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwiR1ZbBgvTvAhWT91EKHQ4KBY8YABAEGgJ3cw&ae=2&sig=AOD64_3gyPTOjyLQQkM9y6Vutnch4eN3RQ&ctype=5&q=&ved=2ahUKEwi2j43BgvTvAhXV_7sIHfFzCuwQwg96BAgBEC8&dct=1&adurl=
    Sure, This is exactly the one I use and where I brought it from

https://cpc.farnell.com/newlink/nlusb2-222/hub-4-port-usb2-0-external/dp/CS16383?mckv=soAJoWw4d_dc|pcrid|491022671175|kword||match||plid||slid||product|CS16383|pgrid|81645187374|ptaid|pla-791745297294|&CMP=KNC-GUK-CPC-SHOPPING&s_kwcid=AL!5616!3!491022671175!!!network}!791745297294!&gclid=Cj0KCQjwmcWDBhCOARIsALgJ2QcM_3J8Z8nZucKZ8ewSTc7yarsQ5MDNqwqPsPeGoZs-sJCGHCsbmXIaAlfqEALw_wcB

Part number NLUSB2-222

www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • Danny1969 said:
    Sure, This is exactly the one I use and where I brought it from

https://cpc.farnell.com/newlink/nlusb2-222/hub-4-port-usb2-0-external/dp/CS16383?mckv=soAJoWw4d_dc|pcrid|491022671175|kword||match||plid||slid||product|CS16383|pgrid|81645187374|ptaid|pla-791745297294|&CMP=KNC-GUK-CPC-SHOPPING&s_kwcid=AL!5616!3!491022671175!!!network}!791745297294!&gclid=Cj0KCQjwmcWDBhCOARIsALgJ2QcM_3J8Z8nZucKZ8ewSTc7yarsQ5MDNqwqPsPeGoZs-sJCGHCsbmXIaAlfqEALw_wcB

Part number NLUSB2-222

Spot on! I'll report back... 
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3975
    Just checked Amazon, £47.49 on Prime so I’ve gone for it.
  • Just checked Amazon, £47.49 on Prime so I’ve gone for it.

That's a whopping £4.50 cheaper than I paid.

Honestly, I'll be amazed if you're not impressed. I'd be chuffed at twice the price. More even. 
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4141
    Feck it. Just ordered one too. 

edited April 2021
    Had another play with it last night. The higher gain stuff is alright, still getting more use out of boosting the plexi which is fine by me as thought that would be the case. I only use Marshalls in real amps anyway. Weird that some of the amps have the full tone stack and others are just volume, tone and gain.

I'm noticing much less ear fatigue than other modelling stuff I've used, might be because it seems a bit quiet to me. I'm using 32 ohm Grado SR80 headphones at the minute which I would have thought would be driven ok with it but wouldn't mind a touch more level! 

Edit - also the Twin with a tiny bit of Morning Drive and some analog delay is really nice. I'm not normally into clean playing but had loads of fun with that. The Friedman can be dialled in ok for metal too but it's a bit scooped.
    Despite my initial glowing reviews I think mine is going back. Not so much the sounds which I think are great but the functionality. I didn't think I'd care about not having an external hardware volume control but I'm finding myself missing it for quick adjustments - made worse by the fact that mine never connects first or even second time via Bluetooth, it's really hit and miss which is frustrating. Also can't quite get enough volume out of it with my headphones - they're open back and I can hear the unamplified strings a bit which doesn't work when I'm using the Drop.

I was gonna get the Micro Mustang but I think I'll go with my original plan of spending the same amount of money on an interface and having that all set up in a child-locked cupboard ready to go!
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17636
    tFB Trader
    The Mighty Air is really good if you want a volume control
    The headphones I use have a volume control so that's OK for me. What I would like is quick adjustment of the input gain so I've designed a box for the Nux that was input gain and output volume adjustment on pots. It's also got a sum to mono output jack for connection to amps as well as a full size headphone jack for phones. It's on paper at the mo but I'm gonna build it when I get the time.
    Had a blast on my MP earlier and got quite a convincing EVH tone going with Plexi, phaser, tape delay and reverb. Not up to £1000 Helix standards but not bad for £52 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Yep the plexi sound instantly makes me think of EVH when I plug in!
  • Still love mine, and no issues connecting. I have volume control on my headphones too, so also not a problem.
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3975
    I think I might return mine, it’s very good but not enough to stop me plugging into my HX Stomp.
  • TheBigDipperTheBigDipper Frets: 4793
    Danny1969 said:
    The headphones I use have a volume control so that's OK for me. What I would like is quick adjustment of the input gain so I've designed a box for the Nux that was input gain and output volume adjustment on pots. It's also got a sum to mono output jack for connection to amps as well as a full size headphone jack for phones. It's on paper at the mo but I'm gonna build it when I get the time.
    Had a blast on my MP earlier and got quite a convincing EVH tone going with Plexi, phaser, tape delay and reverb. Not up to £1000 Helix standards but not bad for £52 
    Just to say that I'm using my MP-2 much more than I thought I would. It's easy for me to get a decent recorded sound for scratch demo recordings on an iPad/Garageband using the Apple USB connector. I've never been happy with plugins in the same way. 

I've started using it plugged into a female-to-female adapter so I can use a guitar lead. I'm sending the headphones output to my B&W powered speaker sometimes, too. It's great for getting tones at domestic levels without being insipid. @Danny1969 how's that box coming along?  :)
  • DanDan Frets: 441
    edited July 2021
    Just thought I would bump this.

Based on this thread ive kept an eye out on the prices and managed to get one a few days ago for £47.49.

Its absolutely superb!

Really great practice tool. Got a couple of young kids so even my THR10 is probably too loud for when they are asleep and never really enjoyed using headphones with it. Using some Samson SR850's which seem to work well with it.

Really easy to setup and got some genuinely great tones from this little thing. Presets ive setup are

Twin with Morning Drive - Lovely edge of breakup type sound
    Plexi - Quite gainy so taken gain to 0% and sounds great
    Recto with TS Drive - Got it to sound like the plexi preset but with just a bit more gain.

The cabs make quite a difference so worth experimenting with them to shape the sound. Also the acoustic sim is surprisingly very good too. Doesnt sound like a D-28 but it works for me.

Briefly I did have a HX stomp but couldnt quite get on with it. Whether it was just a bit of option paralysis or what I dont know but this was just working for me in minutes.

Anyway, Ill stop waffling now.

• Dan said:
    Just thought I would bump this.

Based on this thread ive kept an eye out on the prices and managed to get one a few days ago for £47.49.

Its absolutely superb!

Really great practice tool. Got a couple of young kids so even my THR10 is probably too loud for when they are asleep and never really enjoyed using headphones with it. Using some Samson SR850's which seem to work well with it.

Really easy to setup and got some genuinely great tones from this little thing. Presets ive setup are

Twin with Morning Drive - Lovely edge of breakup type sound
    Plexi - Quite gainy so taken gain to 0% and sounds great
    Recto with TS Drive - Got it to sound like the plexi preset but with just a bit more gain.

The cabs make quite a difference so worth experimenting with them to shape the sound. Also the acoustic sim is surprisingly very good too. Doesnt sound like a D-28 but it works for me.

Briefly I did have a HX stomp but couldnt quite get on with it. Whether it was just a bit of option paralysis or what I dont know but this was just working for me in minutes.

Anyway, Ill stop waffling now.

Yep, that's this in a nutshell - plug and play, minimal faff and sounds good.

For the money it's a no-brainer.