Mike McCready Signature Strat

What's Hot

Comments

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12666
    TTBZ said:
    Come on - Alive, Even Flow, Yellow Ledbetter. The solo in Alive is the benchmark for strat lead tones for me. 

Still wouldn't buy this sig though, at the end of the day it's still just a sunburst strat which is the worst Fender finish other than bright red.
    I'd actually say YL is more of an obvious, benchmark Strat sound for me. The little deft touches and pickup clicks in that just sound more Strat than anything else I've ever heard! 
    Sounds more like a Strat than Hank Marvin? Or David Gilmour? Or The Edge? Or Mark Knopfler?

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • impmann said:
    TTBZ said:
    Come on - Alive, Even Flow, Yellow Ledbetter. The solo in Alive is the benchmark for strat lead tones for me. 

Still wouldn't buy this sig though, at the end of the day it's still just a sunburst strat which is the worst Fender finish other than bright red.
    I'd actually say YL is more of an obvious, benchmark Strat sound for me. The little deft touches and pickup clicks in that just sound more Strat than anything else I've ever heard! 
    Sounds more like a Strat than Hank Marvin? Or David Gilmour? Or The Edge? Or Mark Knopfler?

Who? 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    impmann said:
    TTBZ said:

Who? 
    No that's Pete Townshend 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • freakboy1610freakboy1610 Frets: 1209
    To be fair this isn't a run of the mill signature model but rather a meticulous replica of his actual guitar. I think he's a fantastic guitar player but I wonder how he feels about this guitar being sold for £15k. He obviously doesn't need Fender's money and it seems to me that there would be significantly more kudos in having a signature guitar that regular folk could afford. 
    I think the guitar looks great too but the price is mind boggling to me.
    Link to my trading feedback
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    Gassage said:
    I paid less than that for an original 59.

Yeah, but this is a new one.
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LodiousLodious Frets: 1945
    I love PJ, but with a couple of exceptions, Mike McCready's solo's are (IMHO) absolutely fucking awful. I think he's a decent rhythm player, but for the last 20 years his solo's have been melody free blues rock landfill. 

TBH, I don't really get the motivations of releasing a guitar like this on any level. He doesn't need the money, spec wise, it's not bringing anything new, it's not helping a small company get off the ground, it's not something you are likely to be able to afford unless you work outside of the music industry. I can't really see why any normal human being would want to have a signature like this in their name. 

Sorry, I really don't get it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2026

In fact, neither PJ or Nirvana can claim to have kicked off grunge. 

It was Mother Love Bone 
    In fact, it was Neil Young. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12666
    Chuffola said:

In fact, neither PJ or Nirvana can claim to have kicked off grunge. 

It was Mother Love Bone 
    In fact, it was Neil Young. 
    I knew there was a reason i though grunge was dull.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6692
    In fairness Jeff Ament and Stone Gossard were in Mother Love Bone.

But Mudhoney and Tad and Sub-Pop Records were the progenitors. 

But frankly I still refuse the use the G-word and the bands that were labelled it detested it too. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2026
    Each to their own but I can’t imagine thinking Neil Young was dull!  Not liking him, yes. Dull, surely not!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6692
    Lodious said:
    I love PJ, but with a couple of exceptions, Mike McCready's solo's are (IMHO) absolutely fucking awful. I think he's a decent rhythm player, but for the last 20 years his solo's have been melody free blues rock landfill. 

TBH, I don't really get the motivations of releasing a guitar like this on any level. He doesn't need the money, spec wise, it's not bringing anything new, it's not helping a small company get off the ground, it's not something you are likely to be able to afford unless you work outside of the music industry. I can't really see why any normal human being would want to have a signature like this in their name. 

Sorry, I really don't get it. 
    It's for people that own a tech startup to have on their wall or in their breakout room as talking point.
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6822
    Sassafras said:
    I like Pearl Jam but I couldn't name a single member.
    Not even Jeremy?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gazrichardsgazrichards Frets: 691
    Pearl jam have sold over 100 million albums worldwide. 
  • Given I've seen threads here with people slating Jimi Hendrix for god's sake (we're probably due one?), there's little chance of any agreement on legendary status for any guitarist
  • HerrMetalHerrMetal Frets: 542
    edited April 2021
    To ignorant old me it looks just like a John Frusciante style Strat. Google tells me I could get a Custom Shop one of those for £6k from Guitarguitar.
  • BlueStratBlueStrat Frets: 966
    Absolutely massive Pearl Jam fan here, seen them on each tour since Ten. Back in the day I bought a Panasonic walkman type thing and hammered the Ten tape to death, such a brilliant album to this day it sounds fresh with awesome musicianship and lyrics belted out by one of the best rock singers ever.
    As much as Mike McCready is a legend to me I wouldn't spend 15k on a guitar... but since I don't have 15k to spend on a guitar I guess I'm not the intended market :D
  • MikeBowesMikeBowes Frets: 342
    edited April 2021
    Wow.. that price tag is eye watering!!
    Mike Bowes, M.B. Guitars
    www.mbguitars.co.uk
    INSTAGRAM
  • Rocky1991Rocky1991 Frets: 314
    Just buy a used Rory Gallagher.. when guitars get over sort of that 2/3 month average wage. You are either wasting or investing money. Call me cynical but I think a 15k guitar does go against the sprit of Grunge  
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9314
    Always makes me laugh when one of these gets released, sells out before the stores even get them and a load of guitarists on a forum who can’t afford them say they’re too expensive.
    FWIW, I’m ignorant and had no idea who he is. I always thought Pearl Jam were meh though. Nirvana had way more energy and power. If I was a fan, I totally get it though. If Fender ever do a Springsteen Esquire and I can get one, I’d remortgage the house frankly.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27005
    I'm not a big PJ fan but I think this looks great. Silly money but it the market wants to pay it then clearly not overpriced.

McCready already had a 10k LP a few years ago as well, but you lot obviously weren't on the ball to complain about it :P 

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom