"It's no use cutting if your knife's not sharp"

What's Hot

Comments

• A fiver says he owns that forest.
    'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SeziertischSeziertisch Frets: 1292
    The quiet bits are sung like Richard Thompson and then he goes all Ugly Kid Joe on the choruses.

Also, I don’t understand why the guitar he is playing changes to a different finish every few seconds. It makes it seems like as much a promotional video for his guitar line as a piece of art in its own right. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2197
    "No good choppin' if your axe is blunt "

Can't argue with that.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    Fair play to him.

Not my bag but I'd certainly be doing the same if I had the money
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • BlueStratBlueStrat Frets: 966
    Even Nickleback would think that was bad
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NeillNeill Frets: 941
    I have genuinely no idea who this guy is, but I agree with the David Brent analogy.  

Except that Brent had better tunes than this.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    Needs more power stance.
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Good stuff if you ask me
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3071
    He must've been sweltering in that coat.. Malta is bloody hot even in April. I'm not a fan of the tune particularly but if he's happy I can't fault him. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    The bit wheres hes doing his Slash November rain solo impression is pretty funny, but though its not really my cup of tea I can see its a decent track
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2897
    Quite like the guitar work and the chorus, the main riff is cool. The verses are a bit cheesy for me. The "power stance move" scene transition is too much though. 
  • TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1846
    Awful. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    I see Chappers doing a Charlie Simpson from Busted. Basically, whatever is cool at the time, he'll do it. Busted into Fightstar (who were actually pretty good) and then into some Americana stuff 
  • LogieLogie Frets: 443
    edited April 2021
    The vid and the lyrics are vom inducingly bad but it's a decent effort. His vocals in the verses don't really do it for me but when he starts belting it out it sounds really good.
    B+
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5629
    I like Rob - he's a decent sort of cove. However, he needs to set his ego aside and accept that he's not a front-man. He also needs Polly Samson to write some lyrics for him.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22795
    Logie said:
    The vid and the lyrics are vom inducingly bad but it's a decent effort. His vocals in the verses don't really do it for me but when he starts belting it out it sounds really good.
    B+
    Having listened to it a few times - got to give it a chance - I still think it's tosh but yes, his sub-Chris Cornell efforts in the rockier bits do, surprisingly, hit the spot.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    I enjoyed that, I didn't ever realise it was Chappers! He has a surprisingly good voice for rock. Looks better without the dreads.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294

He sounds like he’s singing with his head in a bucket so I only got 20% of the lyrics soI don’t know if they are cheesy or not. 
    It's better than I could do, it's very competent, it's hard to get excited about and the concept for the video is a bit naff. Much more like an add for his guitars than a song I'd want to return to. 
    As has been said a decent front person/ vocalist would elevate it greatly. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2026
    Better than I could do too, but that is very, very faint praise.

Not my thing - generic riffs, dreadful lyrics, decent enough guitar tones, laughable video - the "shapes" being thrown to cut to another Chapman guitar are hilarious. 

But, as always, fair play to him - he's not making these things for me. I'm definitely not his audience and more power to his elbow.  And as long as he's in Malta, he's not appearing in Andertons videos and Danish Pete is. Win and win. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22795
    edited April 2021
    Chuffola said:
    But, as always, fair play to him - he's not making these things for me. I'm definitely not his audience and more power to his elbow.  
    I really don't mean this sarcastically, but what is his audience?  I can't imagine what demographic would buy this stuff.  He's certainly not appealing to kids, but people our age don't seem overly keen either.

I vaguely remember someone pointing out that one of his albums was number one in the Amazon blues rock chart - or something - one week a few years ago, but I don't know how much significance Amazon charts actually have...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom