Potential break away European super football league

What's Hot
1789101113»

Comments

• HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    crunchman said:
    This kind of thing is why people are turning off:

I may be in a minority of 1 but I actually thought he knew what he was doing and it was a red.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10241
    edited April 2021
    Because football affects a lot of people and it's an integral part of their community, their lives. It would have completely changed the game and the competitions that all clubs are involved in. That has an impact into millions of people who give those clubs their money every year. 

It's also a real time example of what happens when you let venture capitalists who have little to no regard of our communities into institutions that are engrained in them. They give no shits and will do whatever they can to maximise their profits at the expense of everyone else. 
    It would have completely changed the game? Le are they allowed to use hands now? Stocks? Is the ball super bouncy? Can they surf on giant drones?

Or would it be the game is exactly the same but fans would be to rinsed out of another 20 quid a month to watch the extra games?

The outcry is all about protection of investment from the fans.
    Eh? The game, as in the whole picture of competition in football and the structure of the leagues. The nature of it all would have been irreversibly changed with international and domestic football being infinitely affected as well as the financial structure being even more tilted in the favour of a few big clubs. I obviously didn’t mean they would start playing handball...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Hattigol said:
    crunchman said:

I may be in a minority of 1 but I actually thought he knew what he was doing and it was a red.
    No way. It’s one fluid motion. He kicks the ball and the player runs into the downward trajectory of his leg. No malice involved there at all. 
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    Hattigol said:
    crunchman said:

No way. It’s one fluid motion. He kicks the ball and the player runs into the downward trajectory of his leg. No malice involved there at all. 
    I think he intentionally does him. Just my view.

As I said, I know most people disagree. Either way, I'm not sure why the pundits were raging so much about that particular decision.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    Hattigol said:
    Hattigol said:
    crunchman said:

I think he intentionally does him. Just my view.

As I said, I know most people disagree. Either way, I'm not sure why the pundits were raging so much about that particular decision.
    Because West Ham were playing well and there was 10 minutes left, and we’re fighting for a CL spot with a team level on points with us, and the referee killed any chance of an equaliser off with an extremely poor decision. And there was VAR as well.

If anything VAR now just means the official can repeatedly view incidents before poor decisions and human error occur. 

It’s literally useless. 
  • fobfob Frets: 1430

1994!!!   I need to ask these guys for the lottery numbers.