Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Who's gigging tonight?

What's Hot

Comments

• Live gigs are more or less back to normal in Austria. We're playing at Hotel Crystal on Friday, the Rockbar on Saturday, then two sets at the Sound & Vision film festival on the 15th and 18th October. All in St Johann in Tirol, Austria with pre-booked seating and social distancing.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • We're (The Roughcut Rebels) back on this weekend (outside, in a marquee....hoping it's not freezing or pissing it down!) at The Bell Inn in Great Cheverall, Wiltshire. 
  • dariusdarius Frets: 632
    Time to bring this thread out of hibernation!

Agent Utah playing tonight at Furnace Inn beerfest, Derby. 

It’s outside, lots of tables but of course punters will be seated, no singing, no moshing. 
    And it’s been raining. 
    And I don’t care! It’s our first live gig since Feb2020. Bring on the rusty car crash of pandemic rock.
  • vonLayzonfonvonLayzonfon Frets: 108
    darius said:
    Time to bring this thread out of hibernation!

Agent Utah playing tonight at Furnace Inn beerfest, Derby. 

It’s outside, lots of tables but of course punters will be seated, no singing, no moshing. 
    And it’s been raining. 
    And I don’t care! It’s our first live gig since Feb2020. Bring on the rusty car crash of pandemic rock.
    Best of luck. It's pretty miserable out there at the minute.
    Still jealous though.  =)
  • dariusdarius Frets: 632
    That was great fun. Got em singing (illegal) dancing (illegal) and standing (illegal). Take that Hancock. 
    Rock will never be suppressed by your inept, inconsistent, arbitrary random rules generator. 

And we’re doing it all again at Matlock Bath at The Fishpond mini beer & music fest this Sat3jul. We’re on at 6. If you’re there, sit down and rock very carefully.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2286

Country festival at Alvaston Hall Hotel near Nantwich. I’m on bass. Thought I’d blown a speaker (horrible distortion) but turned out to be an issue with my tuner pedal. Fortunately I had a clip-on tuner with me.

• 26.226.2 Frets: 525
    Festival at Guildford later today. First gig since March 24 2020 - can’t wait!!
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2414
    Playing with my band (Cartel) at the Dashwood Roadhouse outside of High Wycombe a week on Friday. First gig in 18 months, along with new using new toys for it (Axe FX3 mk2 and Gibson SG).

We've also got a sound engineer doing the mix for us, so it makes a change as I won't be the one trying to do it :)

Can't wait!
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    Keefy said:

Look like one of my audiences. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Keefy said:

They had it limited to about 40% capacity. I put the average age of the audience at about 75.
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3672
    We've got our first gig this coming Saturday (23rd July) at the Gardener's Arms in Timperley, near Altrincham. It's meant to be an outside gig but with the weather saying possible lightening, I imagine we'll be indoors. I don't know how the venue will manage it, but I really hope the audience behaves themselves and respects the distance between us. I think we need the monitors a bit further forward to act as a barrier between us and them!

What else to worry about...we've got a new drummer who has rehearsed with us but has not played live with us. Our singer is worried because she's forgotten all the words, even though she uses a tablet anyway and she's going to be using IEMs for the first time. We've checked a load of new songs in we're playing live for the first time because it's a younger crowd than we normally play to. What could go wrong!?

On the other hand, because of the new songs, I don't have to play bloody "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" for the ten thousandth time. Whatever happens, that's a win for me...
  • ColsCols Frets: 7015
    edited July 2021
    Keefy said:

Even the band’s wandered off in a fit of boredom.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    Cols said:
    Keefy said:

Even the band’s wandered off in a fit of boredom.
    Yes, that often happened too...
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    Yes..well, finally after 18mths we'll be gigging again from October onwards around Kent and Surrey and I'll put a post/poster up nearer the time. 

Can't wait!
  • Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1279
    This Saturday (24th July) my band Gun Money doing our first gig since March ‘20 at The Shakespeare in Shardlow nr Derby. It’s an all day mini festival from 2pm called Shakeyfest and we’re on at 7pm. 
  • So this afternoon I did an ACTUAL GIG!!!  :open_mouth: 

First one I've done since early March 2020. Turns out it's actually jolly good fun doing gigs and stuff! Bit better than just sitting on the couch noodling away aimlessly like I've been doing for the past year and a half.

Pictorial evidence, just to prove it actually happened and I didn't just dream it...

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bluechargeboybluechargeboy Frets: 1906
    Me band is playing our first gig in two years tomorrow...! It's at a local festival. I'm sure all of the artists, crew and punters will be self-isolating by Monday but never mind! *** IT'S A GIG *** :o
    I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
  • Chris_JChris_J Frets: 140
    Got a local festival gig on Sunday!

We're an acoustic 3 piece and ordinarily I'd be on drums/percussion, playing only a couple tunes on guitar, but, we just found out one of the guys can't make it so we're playing as a duo.

I guess I should learn the set on guitar then...!!
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2414
    First gig tonight in almost two years!!!!

…..and the event is sold out. 

To say I’m shitting bricks is an understatement. At least we have a soundguy though, so that’s one less thing I have to try and manage. 

Also the first gig with the Axe FX 3. Should be interesting….!
    Depping with a Rock’n’Roll band tonight in Weston-Super-Mud. I’ll be rocking a Tele and a Strat through a minimal pedal board into a 5E3 Deluxe. Mmm…