Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Who's gigging tonight?

What's Hot

Comments

• pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    Fez said:
    Next Sunday we are playing in Dorking at the Kings arms 3pm loads of bands on all weekend as it is the rescheduled Westival. 

Also we must be completely mad as we just agreed to play a short set on Burgess Hill bandstand......in December.
    are you Borrowed Time, Fez?   

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    @Cols and I doing our thing at The Star, Dorking today 4pm ish (it's Westival timings are flexible). Only an hour out of Waterloo on the train! ;-)

• Gigging tonight at The Half Moon Putney with Stanley Dee - A Tribute to Steely Dan. Great venue and am  really looking forward to going back after almost 2 years since the last time there. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Yep.  Had a cracking gig last night … a club.  First live music there for two years.  

The audience went wild in the second set.  Booked solid now for months out and loads of repeat asks from the gigs since summer. 

Def. A strong recovery.
  • CaseOfAceCaseOfAce Frets: 1348
    Yep.  Had a cracking gig last night … a club.  First live music there for two years.  

The audience went wild in the second set.  Booked solid now for months out and loads of repeat asks from the gigs since summer. 

Def. A strong recovery.
    we're the same - next year is getting booked pretty solidly.
    We played Southampton last night - I've got a cold - blocked sinuses.. my right eye has gone red so that I look like Terminator when he does that bathroom repair job in the first film - but couldn't let the band / booking down.

Venue was fairly busy and folks got  on the dancefloor which was nice.

...she's got Dickie Davies eyes...
  • FezFez Frets: 526
    pmbomb said:
    Fez said:
    Next Sunday we are playing in Dorking at the Kings arms 3pm loads of bands on all weekend as it is the rescheduled Westival. 

Also we must be completely mad as we just agreed to play a short set on Burgess Hill bandstand......in December.
    are you Borrowed Time, Fez?   

Yes we had a great time, first run out with the new line-up
    Don't touch that dial.
  • Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1279
    Tonight at Spondon Liberal Club with two different bands. My regular covers band Far Away Cows and with a couple of mates from Denmark playing original material, The Resonators. 
    This afternoon I’m playing with my Danish mates (The Resonators) at the Millipede micro pub in a Stapleford, Nottingham from around 4:30pm.
  • Rowby1 said:
    Tonight at Spondon Liberal Club with two different bands. My regular covers band Far Away Cows and with a couple of mates from Denmark playing original material, The Resonators. 
    We've played there a few times - lovely venue with cracking punters. How did the gigs go? @Rowby1 ;
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

Rowby1 said:
    We've played there a few times - lovely venue with cracking punters. How did the gigs go? @Rowby1 ;
    Great thanks! Yes it’s a nice venue and lots of positive punters. I play there reasonably regularly with my two most frequently gigging bands, Far Away Cows and Gun Money. It’s only 10 minutes from home for me so a really convenient gig :)
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3657
    Last night was The Iron Bridge pub in Northwich with True Reflections (4 piece).  This was our first gig with the new bass player (although I've been in bands with him before).  A very tight space but we squeezed in somehow and a great night was had by all with dancing and a lot of singing along.

Tonight is The Wheatsheaf in Preston with Starbelly (5 piece).  This will be only our second gig together but the first one went well, so we'll be fine.
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2286
    First gig on guitar with Bowie tribute Rebel Heroes, from 8pm at the Old Road Tavern, Chippenham SN15 1JA. 2hrs+ of authentic Bowie!

I'll be rocking my Ivison DC prototype and modded Tele Deluxe through the Pedalboard of Glory into my Matchless Lightning.

Here's a shot from a previous gig when I was the bass player:

(No car park at venue, but you can find nearby free parking here.)
    edited November 2021
    Far Away Cows at The Honeycomb in Mickleover, Derby tonight. Been about three years since we last played there. Was a really good crowd last time.
  • Keefy said:
    First gig on guitar with Bowie tribute Rebel Heroes, from 8pm at the Old Road Tavern, Chippenham SN15 1JA. 2hrs+ of authentic Bowie!

I'll be rocking my Ivison DC prototype and modded Tele Deluxe through the Pedalboard of Glory into my Matchless Lightning.

See you there @keefy….looking forward to it!
    Keefy said:

Did you go? Just got back and I'm plum tuckered!
  • markslade07markslade07 Frets: 836
    edited November 2021
    Keefy said:
    Keefy said:

Yep, great gig! I would have come and introduced myself but I think you were with family. Well played to all…wouldn’t have thought that was the first gig in a couple of years, very tight!

Oh…and your set up sounded glorious…very jealous!
    Keefy said:
    Keefy said:

Yep, great gig! I would have come and introduced myself but I think you were with family. Well played to all…wouldn’t have thought that was the first gig in a couple of years, very tight!

Oh…and your set up sounded glorious…very jealous!
    Thanks for coming, and good to hear it all came over well.
  • dariusdarius Frets: 632
    Theres a free full band jam / open mic in Derby marketplace today. 12-6.
    I'm going to get down there in a bit. Havent been to a proper turn up and random jam thing for years.
    Unusual mid week gig for me and in that there London too. Playing the Half Moon in Putney tonight with a singer/songwriter Nick Battle. 
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3657
    Playing at The Old Packet House, Burscough, tonight.  Early start, 7:00pm on stage, should be home by 10:30pm.