What’s your favourite Quo track?

What's Hot

Comments

• rogdrogd Frets: 1514
    Dustpipe.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • drippycatdrippycat Frets: 139
    Gerundula. Or April & Spring. Or Down the Dustpipe. Or the intro to Whatever you want.
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    edited July 2021
    In the army now.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6123
    RickLucas said:
    Don't waste my time
    This 100%..   and Paper Plane.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • RustySpannerRustySpanner Frets: 553
    Arghhh, too many to choose from, but...

Na Na Na.
    In My Chair. 
    Lakky Lady. 
    Don't Waste My Time.
    Claudie.
    Backwater.
    Slow Train. 
    Bye Bye Johnny.
    Mystery Song. 
    Ring Of A Change. 

Also have a soft spot for the quieter, bluesy ballads, A Year,  All The Reasons etc. 

First ever gig was Quo at the Manchester Apollo in '78.
    I was 9. 
    Awesome.

Lately, the Acquostic albums have been getting a good listen, much prefer the first one tbh. 

• MattharrierMattharrier Frets: 454
    Rockin All Over The World is probably my favourite. It's one of my earliest musical memories, and it's also one that my ukulele group play regularly.

This thread has inspired me to dig out my dad's old triple vinyl "From The Makers Of..." album and give it a (literal) spin.
  • darcymdarcym Frets: 1297
    in the Army is actually a good song with some topical lyrics/messages, nice change from their norm
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12332
    Pictures of Matchstick Men and Hold you Back, both very different but both have really interesting guitar bits.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16295
    I was in Morrison's yesterday and treated to some surprisingly loud classic rock through the PA as I walked around. Rockin' All Over The World sounded good, one of those you think you know but it's full of twists and turns. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • KylefKylef Frets: 1042
    Hold Ya Back. Good song, but the riff is class.
  • bobblehatbobblehat Frets: 541
    edited July 2021
    Rockin All Over The World is probably my favourite. It's one of my earliest musical memories, and it's also one that my ukulele group play regularly.

This thread has inspired me to dig out my dad's old triple vinyl "From The Makers Of..." album and give it a (literal) spin.
    This should also be added to the best Greatest Hits Albums thread . I've still got my Collectors edition version which came in a fancy Round Tin . Its not my Dads , its mine which makes me feel old 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72364
    bobblehat said:

This should also be added to the best Greatest Hits Albums thread . I've still got my Collectors edition version which came in a fancy Round Tin . Its not my Dads , its mine which makes me feel old 
    I had that too, but sold it when I cleared out most of my vinyl many years ago. I don't remember how much I got for it, but it was worth a lot less than I'd expected :(.

If I remember rightly, folding the plastic inner sleeves correctly to get the records back into the tin was a massive pain!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• sev112sev112 Frets: 2768
     I’ll be in the vicinity of a Coghlan’s Quo gig in a few weeks and am very tempted to go
    Go, they are very good.
    I saw the Quo Experience at the weekend and they were very good too
    - brought back memories of seeing Quo at Newmarket after a days racing on a cloudless summer evening , round about 2005 I’d guess. They were awesome
  • Frantic1Frantic1 Frets: 37
    So many great Classics tbh....Probably 4500 Times live tho'.....Quo were the best live band i ever saw.....seen them twice in 76...Cardiff Castle in July and later in the Cardiff Capitol on the BFY tour.....They were unstoppable then....proper Rock band...not like the later shit 80's incarnation....
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27525
    For everyone loving old Quo (my favourite band, seen them live way more times than anyone else), check some of Rhino's solo stuff ...

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SpringywheelSpringywheel Frets: 942
    edited July 2021
    Forty five hundred times, from the live album.

• bobblehatbobblehat Frets: 541
    ICBM said:
    bobblehat said:

I had that too, but sold it when I cleared out most of my vinyl many years ago. I don't remember how much I got for it, but it was worth a lot less than I'd expected :(.

If I remember rightly, folding the plastic inner sleeves correctly to get the records back into the tin was a massive pain!
    Yes it was !  and yes I looked up the value a few years ago thinking it might be worth something but I seem to recall it was worth about £30  =)
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12370
    Mystery song, Railroad or possibly, Rain
    Rain is a great track. 

I played Gerdundula to death, it was on the B side of In My Chair but I preferred it to the A side.

Very clever songwriters were Quo and much more than the 12 bar, head down, mindless boogie merchants they got labelled as. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9315
    Amazed nobody has mentioned Big Fat Mama. 5 minutes of pure rock n roll at its finest with some brilliantly funny lyrics
  • 4500 Times
    Backwater
    Don't Waste My Time
    Little Lady