Neural DSP Quad Cortex

What's Hot
14567810»

Comments

• KultscharKultschar Frets: 46
    edited October 2023
    nero1701 said:
    I don't think they'll ever manage to fully integrate their plug in suite, I think that it's just false hope at this point. 
    From the video I saw with a Neural developer they claim one is already done and it is a total rebuild so the new architecture works on the QC.    Guess we will find out soon enough if porkies or not.   

I see a new plugin launches today - not sure if QC related
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • nero1701nero1701 Frets: 1441
    I do hope they manage, but feel it's a little late for them, they have lost consumer faith in their products 
  • I mean how long does it take to develop a desktop app for it.
    edited October 2023
    I mean how long does it take to develop a desktop app for it.
    My theory is that they promised Plug integration without much thought whatsoever of how it will be implemented, then when they sat down to actually do it realised it is not compatible and would have to be programmed from scratch (which they have just confirmed did happen).   The editor in the meantime is in total limbo as its the bridge to using the plugins.   3 years later they have finally got everything in order……..maybe!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11461
    There is a beta of the editor available for download.
    edited October 2023
    crunchman said:
    There is a beta of the editor available for download.
    Its very nice!!!  Great design

Things I love so far

Audition any block without committing by clicking at your desk. Click a second time to commit.   

Power on / off the QC from the editor

Local backup instead of cloud backup

USB uses computers internet instead of wifi

Drag and drop a ton of IRs onto the QC in one go!

Looks great also - nicer looking then my Axe Edit III

I believe this is a very late but great move forward

It took Kemper years to get out their Rig Manager software in a decent form, and to bring out their good delays and reverbs.  No one is remembering that now.

Even without these things, the QC has been a good unit, whatever the likes of KDH witter on about on Youtube.  Now it's even better.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Yes.  If the first plug-in is only a month or so away then things will get rather interesting 
  • crunchman said:
    It took Kemper years to get out their Rig Manager software in a decent form, and to bring out their good delays and reverbs.  No one is remembering that now.

Even without these things, the QC has been a good unit, whatever the likes of KDH witter on about on Youtube.  Now it's even better.
    To be fair Kemper didn’t put a picture of the editor and a list of all their new improved delay and reverb updates in their launch day promo material. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    I don't get the fuss about the plugins.  There are plenty of good amp captures out there to get good tones.

If you already own the plugins, then it shouldn't matter apart from live use, and you should be able to get close enough with the amp captures and effects that are already available.
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1510
    Since getting the QC (I originally typed WC, loool) back in July it has been a revelation. The one thing that kinda gets on my nerves is that the touchscreen itself is not that sensitive to touch, meaning sometimes I have to touch an icon twice to get it to move or whatever.

This desktop app could be a timesaving marvel and I can’t wait to try it out.
  • NerineNerine Frets: 2175
    crunchman said:
    I don't get the fuss about the plugins.  There are plenty of good amp captures out there to get good tones.

If you already own the plugins, then it shouldn't matter apart from live use, and you should be able to get close enough with the amp captures and effects that are already available.
    Could you also potentially just capture the stuff from the plugins anyway?
  • Im not fussed about the plugins either.  I own 2 or 3 and there is the odd great preset and possibly FX that would be great to port across.     

I played around again this morning and auditioning any category is very fast and cool.    Doubt I will build a preset from the device itself ever again unless im away from home
  • Call me old fashioned but regardless of individual use cases, I’d still expect a thing I bought to do the things that were advertised. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Call me old fashioned but regardless of individual use cases, I’d still expect a thing I bought to do the things that were advertised. 
    Well they said “coming soon” but I get the point lol
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1962
    I saw Brother Strut play last night in Bristol (Thekla). Rob Harris plays through Quad Cortex, I was blown away by the sounds that he was getting with a standard Fender Strat. A really fat and juicy "clean tone" with equally impressive lead tones on both neck and bridge pickups. He was playing through two Laney FRFR cabs on stage - not sure how much of that I was hearing vs Front of House sound.