New Sports At The Olympics

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    Speaking of climbing; Shauna looks to be coming strong and really enjoying herself at just the right time! 

https://www.facebook.com/100044639040139/posts/346992280132071/

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14262
    tFB Trader
    We have sailing, rowing, kayak races - Why not have pedalo races 

Just noticed that paddle board racing has just missed some deadline to be introduced into the 2024 Olympics in Paris
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    Fans of squash will be pleased to know it's included in the 2022 Commonwealth games in Brum. 

[ For folks with West Midlands postcodes you can apply for tickets already] 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31590
    I have trouble with any "sport" which requires judges to say which competitor they liked best, as opposed to real sports where having the best score or time automatically makes you the winner. 

Speed skating is a sport, ice dancing is just dancing. 
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    p90fool said:
    I have trouble with any "sport" which requires judges to say which competitor they liked best, as opposed to real sports where having the best score or time automatically makes you the winner. 

So gymnastics, boxing and diving are not sports either? 
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31590
    underdog said:
    p90fool said:

So gymnastics, boxing and diving are not sports either? 
    Boxing is a grey area, given that judging had to be brought in for contestants' safety rather than its last-man-standing origins, rather like the hits system in fencing, but the other two are way too subjective IMO. 

Just being a physical activity does not make something a sport, or where do you draw the line? 

Ice dancing is no different to ballet or to sex, so some people look better than others while doing it, but choosing a winner is way too Eurovision to be taken seriously. 

I'm not denigrating them btw, they're art forms, unlike squash, which the entire world other than the Olympic Committee thinks IS a sport. 

• TforTeleTforTele Frets: 33
    axisus said:
    Baseball is a boring game played by about 2 countries. I totally don't get its inclusion??? Oh yes, same as Basketball, so the Americans can guarantee another Gold.

Baseball is the most popular sport in Japan.  When you travel around you see a lot of baseball pitches / stadia.
  • the_jaffa said:
    Yup, Sky Brown and she’s only 13. Amazing skater 

And newly crowned Gold in the X Games!
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    My nephew is flying off to Japan today for the Olympics. He works in marketing sports wear, so look out for him in the crowd. Imagine me but twenty years younger, much slimmer, better dressed and married to a former model. That’s who to look out for. 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22837
    My nephew is flying off to Japan today for the Olympics. He works in marketing sports wear, so look out for him in the crowd. Imagine me but twenty years younger, much slimmer, better dressed and married to a former model. That’s who to look out for. 
    He's going to stand out like he's under a permanent spotlight.
    Philly_Q said:
    He's going to stand out like he's under a permanent spotlight.
    At a Tokyo Olympics with no proper crowds a six foot white bloke in the stands might be noticeable. 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14262
    tFB Trader
    Baseball - So Who's on 1st base

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4162
    Philly_Q said:
    axisus said:
    Baseball is a boring game played by about 2 countries. I totally don't get its inclusion??? Oh yes, same as Basketball, so the Americans can guarantee another Gold.

There's probably one other random country where it will turn out to be massive, like basketball in the former Yugoslavian countries.
    We have a team in Torquay , well we did pre covid
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    I noticed half court 3 v 3 basketball is now an Olympic sport. Wtf? 

If we're going to start including random things you do when you're bored in the park, we might as well just give up and including pissing behind a bush and dogging. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11296
    I'm waiting for catching the javelin and heading the shot to be introduced. 
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11696
    Baseball... I think I can confidently predict the continents who'll claim the top three spots.  Maybe they'll include American Football (the most boring sport known to man) at the next Olympics so the outcome is even more predictable!
  • axisus said:
    Someone forgot to tell Japan because they won... ;-)
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4917
    axisus said:
    Someone forgot to tell Japan because they won... ;-)
    Good.  :3