Tokyo Olympics

What's Hot

Comments

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    The BMX freestyle finals are worth a watch. 

Mind boggling stuff. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14327
    tFB Trader

Mind boggling stuff. 
    totally agree - just seen the iplayer snippets - Like watching Simone Biles on BMX - awesome
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1755
    Boxers have done really well - shame about that disqualification in super heavy weight but good result nonetheless.
    I enjoyed watching golf this morning... I wish it'd stop raining here so I could hit few holes!
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7811

Mind boggling stuff. 
    totally agree - just seen the iplayer snippets - Like watching Simone Biles on BMX - awesome
    Caught the highlights. Fun stuff. 
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16299

Mind boggling stuff. 
    In the senses of ‘wow thats amazing’ and ‘I’ve no idea what’s going on.’ 

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    tFB Trader

Mind boggling stuff. 
    Caught the highlights. Fun stuff. 
    it is the great part about the Olympics in that you can watch such hi-lights as normally most of us would never watch such an event and it would get no main stream coverage
    tFB Trader
    caught the bronze medal golf shoot out - As Rory stated 'he'd never worked so hard to try and come 3rd'

Makes me think that golf in the Olympics, could/should be an FA Cup style draw with a match play knock out - 9 holes first few rounds - 18 holes for quarter, semi's and final - If a draw after the 9/18 holes then a 'penalty style putting shoot out' -  Each player has 5 x 10 foot, or 15 foot putts, best of 5 wins, if still level then keep it going, sudden death until one looses - 1 player from each country

Ditto women - Then a doubles (either 4 ball or foursome) - Then mixed doubles
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23033
    It was cool to watch the men's 100m final with absolutely no idea who was going to win it.

• The BMX freestyle finals are worth a watch. 

Mind boggling stuff. 

Indeed. I've been following Charlotte's social media for a few years now, ever since Bas Keep signed her to Tall Order. Even in her recent Youtube appearances she's been pretty understated with her tricks, they kept that backflip 360° a "very" guarded secret. Really thought Hannah Roberts was untouchable after her first run, as did she! ;)

And with Brook's bronze that makes it 4 medals from 4 BMX disciplines following Gold and Silver in the racing from Beth Shriever and Kye Whyte.

As someone who was a BMX kid in the 80's I won't deny having many "something in my eye" moments this week. Magical.

I'll go out on a limb and say that if he's selected and wants it, Kieran Reilly could get Freestyle Gold in Paris...

littlegreenman < My tunes here...

Mind boggling stuff. 

Indeed. I've been following Charlotte's social media for a few years now, ever since Bas Keep signed her to Tall Order. Even in her recent Youtube appearances she's been pretty understated with her tricks, they kept that backflip 360° a "very" guarded secret. Really thought Hannah Roberts was untouchable after her first run, as did she! ;)

And with Brook's bronze that makes it 4 medals from 4 BMX disciplines following Gold and Silver in the racing from Beth Shriever and Kye Whyte.

As someone who was a BMX kid in the 80's I won't deny having many "something in my eye" moments this week. Magical.

I'll go out on a limb and say that if he's selected and wants it, Kieran Reilly could get Freestyle Gold in Paris...

I watched the finals without knowing the result. Seemed pretty much a pre gone conclusion and then it wasn’t. Very exciting. 
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 3043
    For me, Charlotte Worthington's gold is the best gold medal performance I've seen so far.  To get back on that bike after a pretty nasty looking crash showed nerves of steel, incredible self confidence and a desire to go for it, not just settle for the easy option. All or nothing, she went for it!  Beat an awesome favourite in the only way possible, by stepping up her own game and pushing the boundaries of her own ability.

Hats off to her and surely an inspiration to anyone out there that if you want success then you've got to go beyond what you've ever achieved before.

If I was a ten year old I'd be asking for a BMX for Christmas. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7130
    Shrews said:

Don't bother, you'll only end up with a Raleigh Strika like I did.
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1963
    tony99 said:
    Shrews said:

Don't bother, you'll only end up with a Raleigh Strika like I did.
    That was lighter than a Grifter though :)
  • I always enjoy the Olympics but this one has been particularly enjoyable. I'm already excited about the next one being in a European timezone and considering a fortnight's holiday spent on the couch watching it. 
  • I always enjoy the Olympics but this one has been particularly enjoyable. I'm already excited about the next one being in a European timezone and considering a fortnight's holiday spent on the couch watching it. 

I'll be booking a fortnight in Paris!
  • Ooooffff!!!!! Nasty bar malfunction for the Aussie track cyclists. That's gotta hurt...
  • I’ve enjoyed all the weightlifting so far. Was good to see silver for GB from a clean athlete today in what is a very doped sport overall.

Expecting an all time world record for the heaviest weight ever lifted overhead from Lasha later this week.
    He’s stupidly powerful.
    Spent yesterday evening watching the women’s weightlifting. There’s quite a lot of technical stuff about how the groups work, the timings, what makes a non lift most of which was given no explanation by the commentators at all. I wanted an idiot’s guide. 
    To some extent had it watching the BMX freestyle the previous evening; I think the commentators should assume there are newbies in the audience. 
    But both very exciting, surprisingly so. 
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2937
    Spent yesterday evening watching the women’s weightlifting. There’s quite a lot of technical stuff about how the groups work, the timings, what makes a non lift most of which was given no explanation by the commentators at all. I wanted an idiot’s guide. 
    To some extent had it watching the BMX freestyle the previous evening; I think the commentators should assume there are newbies in the audience. 
    But both very exciting, surprisingly so. 
    I agree.  A lot of these are minority sports getting a global audience once every 4 years and some explanation of whats happening and the basic rules would be helpful.   Racing is easy, its the first past the post, but for the individual events and the artistic judging it would be helpful to know what they are looking for.

Im currently watching the diving and whilst it all looks great, I have no idea why one dive is considered more difficult than another.  They all look very hard.

tFB Trader
    Raheem Sterling has closely been looking at the diving as well !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom