Guitar deal going wrong....Ian Elson Guitars

What's Hot
1234568»

Comments

• spark240spark240 Frets: 2084
    Offset said:
    @spark240 Spark, did you finally get this resolved in your favour?
    Nope - I gave up corresponding,...the guy has a problem, be it financial or whatever,  so he's not worth spending any more time on, whatever he does is destined to fail so cary on.

Guitar is currently with a Luthier friend for diagnosis.

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2409
    edited October 2021
    After reading this thread (and others associated with this this builder) it sounds like you’re fighting a losing battle. The standard of his guitar builds is perhaps indicative of how he is towards his customers and the people who try to help him out, like yourself – he clearly doesn’t care. Strip the guitar for what it’s worth, cut your losses and move on. If he carries on the way he does, he’ll have no business, and this incident will come back to bite him one day. You on the other hand are a better person. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • SpringywheelSpringywheel Frets: 942
    edited October 2021
    Sorry to hear this. 

Personally I don’t think that guitar is salvageable. The best revenge would be a live ritualised burning on here and YouTube (of the guitar, not Ian) which then shows up on the first page of google. “Don’t buy from Ian elson guitars, because what you’re getting is nothing but firewood”
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11723
    spark240 said:
    Offset said:
    Nope - I gave up corresponding,...the guy has a problem, be it financial or whatever,  so he's not worth spending any more time on, whatever he does is destined to fail so cary on.

Really sorry to hear this but I had a feeling this may be the case.  Be interested to hear if your mate thinks it's salvageable - and if you think it's worth throwing more money at it.
  • MellishMellish Frets: 947
    edited October 2021
    How long has he been in business? I what I mean is, A knows B, B knows C and C has a friend and the word spreads. How does he keep getting customers?  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11723
    Mellish said:
    How long has he been in business? I what I mean is, A knows B, B knows C and C has a friend and the word spreads. How does he keep getting customers?  
    Sadly, I think the answer is 'too long'.  The lad needs to move on.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2084
    Offset said:
    spark240 said:
    Offset said:

Really sorry to hear this but I had a feeling this may be the case.  Be interested to hear if your mate thinks it's salvageable - and if you think it's worth throwing more money at it.
    Well ...@HarrySeven thought it wasn't so bad...and he's had some pretty Sh!t guitars !

My man hasn't come back with the full SP yet...and whilst I think he may easily tweak it to playable, Im not sure its for me anyway..... @Springywheel ....Im afraid the only thing I will be burning is the Elson Logo off the headstock ;-)

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7328
    Swap the body for one made out of your own turds cast in resin and post it back to him.
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    Mellish said:
    I honestly don’t think he does! 

Apart from literally one or two of his facebook friends who claim to have bought one.. 

Its all very bizarre. 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...