What films have you watched recently?

What's Hot

Comments

• bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    I watched "The Way Way Back" which i loved, I'd never heard of it and if it try to explain the plot it will sound shit, but trust me and give it a go.
    I would give AnnaSophia Robb a go.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9712
    edited July 2015
    Minions. The cynic in me wasn't expecting much. Just thought it was going to be a blatant 'let's make money on the back of the Despicable Me films'. Actually quite funny, especially when the queen presents one of the minions with the Hendrix Strat. I LOL'd at that.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1510
    The Warriors

Apparently this is a classic. Shocking acting, but then again if you're watching this for the acting then you're probably a lost cause. Just one big long chasey movie with some half arsed fight scenes. Not terrible, but I doubt I'll ever watch this again.
  • SibeliusSibelius Frets: 1401
    edited July 2015
    Dopesick said:
    The Warriors

Apparently this is a classic. Shocking acting, but then again if you're watching this for the acting then you're probably a lost cause. Just one big long chasey movie with some half arsed fight scenes. Not terrible, but I doubt I'll ever watch this again.

Camp too. Thought it was great when I was a kid

Falling skies season 1

Don't think ill watch the other seasons
     I am however a fanboi of researching things before spouting shit
    edited July 2015
    Why wont it let me delete the txt I mistakenly placed in the quote box? never mind!!!
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1755
    Ant man.

Went with work yesterday (I support people with learning disabilities in community ).
    Was thinking I'll sleep throughout the whole thing but was peasently surprised with it.
    Quite funny, doesn't try to be yet another superhero-serious movie though of course we go through all typical stages of getting from zero to hero thing.
    nevertheless worth watching, either with kids or if Youre looking for light movie for weekend afternoon.

6.5/10
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    I'd quite like to see Bloodworm (John Halken) made into a movie.  I loved reading it when I was a kid.  I think they made Slither in a B movie, but not Bloodworm.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7352
    Nightcrawler. Really enjoyed it. Thought it was quite predictable in that nothing happened I hadn't guessed half an hour before, but still did it in an exciting way.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    Chained. 

Twist on the serial killer genre. V good. On last chance on Sky.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6142
    Dopesick said:
    The Warriors

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12390
    Kingsman. Great romp, I liked it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1133
    i watched Under the Skin last night, apart from Scarlett Johansen being naked in it about 5 times it was utterly bonkers.

One very disturbing scene on a beach got me the stinkeye from the wife (like I directed the thing!), if you like weird arthouse movies give it a whirl

Conviction - with Hilary Swank

Excellent true story about a miscarriage of justice

• GuitarWorkzGuitarWorkz Frets: 107
    I've just watch the comedy Shaolin Soccer, brilliant comedy, if you're a 'hippy' you will love it, it's right up there with Iron Sky for me, and I'm not a comedy fan.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0286112/
    Custom guitars & guitar competitions
    http://www.guitarworkz.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MonkeyboneMonkeybone Frets: 269
    edited July 2015
    Ant-Man. Very good indeed, ties in nicely with the MCU. Everyone except me and Miss Monkeybone left before the end of the credits. It's like they'd never seen a Marvel movie before...

My band - Crimson on Silver  For sale - Blackstar HT-5S

Gear - Guitars, amps, effects and shizz. Edited for Phil_aka_Pip, who is allergic to big long lists.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2188

Was just about to go to bed last night when I did a quick channel hop. Landed on ITV2 showing a film called DOA. It was utter utter rubbish, but it had Holly Valance doing kung fu in her under crackers.

Bloody brilliant 10/10

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72508
    Minions

It's OK.

Some funny bits, some amusing period detail with the 1960s stuff, but tries much too hard for its own good. My youngest enjoyed it but the other two thought it was a bit crap.

The very end isn't bad, but overall it could probably have been reduced to about a half-hour extension of the initial voice-over sequence without losing a lot of the point…

6/10

Probably should have skipped it and seen Inside Out instead.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    The World's End, it was ok.
    My V key is broken
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2930
    edited August 2015
    Jurassic World - hey it was better than staying in and watching shit on the telly.

Gone Girl - better than I was expecting it to be and very well acted.

• RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3067
    Finally got around to seeing Sunshine.  Not a huge fan of sci-fi as a whole but this was a bit different...

7/10 - a good film.   Has Danny Boyle made a bad film?