What films have you watched recently?

What's Hot

Comments

• Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2188

Without A Paddle

on nowTV. That was 2 hours of my life wasted

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    The Age of Adaline (2015).

This movie just about managed to avoid being Sentimental Pap but they were pushing their luck a bit at times. I thought Harrison Ford was outstanding (playing the part of an old man....Just imagine that Eh?) even though he does not appear until half way through.
    IMDB rating: 7.3
    My rating: 7

• ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Theory of Everything. I would have preferred a bit more science and a bit less melodrama but well written and acted 7/10. Imitation Game was excellent as said above 8/10. Incidentally if the scene after credits issue is bothering you there is a website somewhere that lists them I think.
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12961

Children of Men. 9.5/10

Never seen this before tonight. Wow. Harrowingly believable. Its not an "enjoyable" film but it is a damn good one. Cinema at its best. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9741
    ennspek said:
    Theory of Everything. I would have preferred a bit more science and a bit less melodrama but well written and acted 7/10.

Well acted? Yes, absolutely brilliant. Well written? I didn't think so, plus didn't really learn anything new or about why he is considered important in his field.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10457
    HAL9000 said:
    ennspek said:
    Theory of Everything. I would have preferred a bit more science and a bit less melodrama but well written and acted 7/10.

Well acted? Yes, absolutely brilliant. Well written? I didn't think so, plus didn't really learn anything new or about why he is considered important in his field.
    As far as I can tell he had a theory which made him famous, then he decided that theory was wrong and had another  theory instead. To be fair he seemed to have quite a sex life so there was only limited time available for his scientific works :)
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    HAL9000 said:
    ennspek said:

It's adapted from his ex-wife's book, so it's going to be more about the relationship than anything else.

Last film I watched was Man of Steel, not too bad, but not Marvel good.

I started watching Real Steel, but stopped when they had a robot punching a bull, didn't sit well with me.
    My V key is broken
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    When The Lights Went Out.

Brilliant UK flick.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    Foxcatcher
    Based on the true story of John E Du Pont and his involvement with the Olympic gold medal winning wrestlers the Schultz brothers. I made the mistake of googling Du Pont before the film which gave the story away, I knew nothing about this story before and didn't expect it to turn out how it did. If some told me I'd sit through a 2hr film with Channing Tatum and Mark Ruffalo I'd have guffawed and told them to go on their merry way. Steve Carrell is excellent in this, make up and prosthetics are very good and don't look obvious at all.
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

Channin Tatum is actually a pretty cool guy.
    My V key is broken
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 628
    edited July 2015

Children of Men. 9.5/10

Never seen this before tonight. Wow. Harrowingly believable. Its not an "enjoyable" film but it is a damn good one. Cinema at its best. 

Excellent film, Michael Caine`s "go on pull my finger" is a brilliant scene.
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    edited July 2015
    Final Girl. It was just ok I'll give it 6/10. Would also have a crack at Abigail Breslin.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23125
    Final Girl. It was just ok I'll give it 6/10. Would also have a crack at Abigail Breslin.
    Has that even been released yet?

edited July 2015
    Philly_Q said:
    Has that even been released yet?

err.....it's available through some outlets.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I watched Ted 2 and it's good.  I'm not one for films based on true stories but this is very funny.  
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16301
    Inbetweeners 2.

Yeh, I know, there's no excuse. :(
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Meet The Robinsons, good fun.
    My V key is broken
  • MonkeyboneMonkeybone Frets: 275
    Minions. It was amusing, but for me not as good as the Despicable Me movies.

Watched Moulin Rouge on the telly with Miss Monkeybone on Thursday. Not bad, made Miss M cry (even though she has seen it before several times).

Next up (hopefully) will be Ant-Man, more MCU goodness...

My band - Crimson on Silver  For sale - Blackstar HT-5S

Gear - Guitars, amps, effects and shizz. Edited for Phil_aka_Pip, who is allergic to big long lists.

Ant-Man. Thoroughly entertaining. Michael Douglas and the bad guy were very good.
    My V key is broken
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    holnrew;706852" said:
    Ant-Man. Thoroughly entertaining. Michael Douglas and the bad guy were very good.
    Off to see that today with the kids, heard a few iffy reviews but I take more notice of reviews on here than the press, usually more accurate
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....