What films have you watched recently?

What's Hot

Comments

• breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10272
    Terminator Genisys.

Oh dear!!
    It was better than T3 or Salvation!

Only cos it's got Emilia Clarke in it.  :)
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeister;956126" said:
    breakstuff said:

Terminator Genisys.

Oh dear!!

It was better than T3 or Salvation!
    You're joking, right??

Not that the other two You've mentioned are any good either...

Regarding Interstellar - I actually enjoyed it and few shots were stunning, especially on cinema screen. McConnaghey though was almost unbearable in this. Too much southern mumbling dialogues and music was far too loud throughout the movie. Still, not the worst SciFi there.

• X-Files

Haven't watched it yet, but have two episodes waiting and as soon as missus comes back home I'm on it :))
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    I've seen a few. But I've not been to the cinema in a while need to catch up this week.
    I watched Slow West which was nicely shot. Just okay.
    Then saw Only lovers left alive. Which was quite oddly paced.
    Currently watching A girl walks home alone at night.
    Iranian vampire film really enjoying it.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10407

It's a film set in Northern Ireland at the worse height of the troubles. A rookie soldier taking part in a routine operation which turns nasty is left behind by his regiment to fend for himself

Very very good : 8 out of 10
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • Despite a headache and noisy teenagers it kept me engaged. Some neat stuff on the soundtrack - Van Halen, The Specials. Apparently historically innacurate but IT IS A FILM so who cares.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22833
    Despite a headache and noisy teenagers it kept me engaged. Some neat stuff on the soundtrack - Van Halen, The Specials. Apparently historically innacurate but IT IS A FILM so who cares.
    What film was it?
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24306
    Sicario.  Pretty good.  Plot's a bit thin but decent enough.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6264
    The Martian - liked it
    Black Mass - utterly superb, Johnny Depp was excellent
    Interstellar - massive let down. What a load of nonsense. Almost like they threw the plot together, and as usual, you can't tell a chuffing word McConnaghy says, cos he mumbles all the way through. A few unexpected deaths though. Crap ending too.
    Guardians of The Galaxy - cracking lighthearted romp. Very good for that sort of film too.
  • Philly_Q;961547" said:
    EricTheWeary said:

Despite a headache and noisy teenagers it kept me engaged. Some neat stuff on the soundtrack - Van Halen, The Specials. Apparently historically innacurate but IT IS A FILM so who cares.

What film was it?
    Ha, even by my standards that's a poor review! :( Argo.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Black Mass - very well done but I didn't think they made the most of the plot. Ultimately seen it all before and better 7/10. Hummingbird - a Jason Statham film on Netflix. Surprisingly good and at moments even quite moving 8/10.
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    About Time

Very sentimental, my wifes pick from Netflix, but I really enjoyed it. Solid 8/10.

• BudgieBudgie Frets: 2100
    The Hunt. A Danish film about a man accused of something he didn't do and the inevitable fallout. Depressingly realistic but very good. It will probably have you arguing with the screen at how ridiculous and unfair it is. I reckon probs an 8 or 9 /10.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Child 44. Long, grim film about the life of Pasha before he became a regular on Strictly.
  • Budgie said:
    The Hunt. A Danish film about a man accused of something he didn't do and the inevitable fallout. Depressingly realistic but very good. It will probably have you arguing with the screen at how ridiculous and unfair it is. I reckon probs an 8 or 9 /10.
    Very good film that.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10407
    Budgie said:
    Very good film that.
    Just watched it, very good indeed!
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    I saw Zoolander 2 and triple nine yesterday. Zoolander had some funny moments in it. But certain bits made me feel uncomfortable.
    Triple nine was okay. Great cast in a pedestrian film.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • The Lobster

"Single people must find romantic partners in 45 days or be transformed into beasts and sent off into the woods."

Laugh out loud funny in places, but definitely very wierd. Not going to be for everyone. Id give it 7/10.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22833
    I finally watched Kingsman: The Secret Service.  Excellent!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11876
    The Lobster

"Single people must find romantic partners in 45 days or be transformed into beasts and sent off into the woods."

Laugh out loud funny in places, but definitely very wierd. Not going to be for everyone. Id give it 7/10.

Decent movie, great original idea, good performances and very oddball humour.  I enjoyed it but i did feel it lost its way a little half way through when he "left", the movie felt tighter and more concise before that and after that point it felt a little lost.