What films have you watched recently?

What's Hot

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72442
    We followed it up with Moulin Rouge last night, which again I think is fantastic in an overblown sort of way. I love spotting the song lyrics in the various lines, and visually it's stunning.
    Ah! She's seen that - and didn't like it - but I haven't. I will try to persuade her to give it another go next time I find it on DVD - it's not rare so that should be soon.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The H8ful Eight.

A great film, with a lot of great dialogue, character development and interaction. The scenery is pretty impressive too.

BUY THE TICKETS FOR THE REALLY COMFY SEATS, you'll get your moneys worth out of 'em. Without trailers it's about four hours, though that is including a 15 minute interlude.  The weird thing was that it did not drag.

10/10
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    Watched Hodejegerne (HeadHunter) last night on the BBC I think.  It was quite good.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • I've seen "Heat" again. 1995 classic with Pacino, DeNiro, Kilmer.
    Absolutely one of my all time favourites. Great feel to it, and the way Michael Mann take shots of Los Angeles - fantastic.
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9687
    BigBearKris;939110" said:
    I've seen "Heat" again. 1995 classic with Pacino, DeNiro, Kilmer.
    Absolutely one of my all time favourites. Great feel to it, and the way Michael Mann take shots of Los Angeles - fantastic.
    Yup. Brilliant film.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • RMJRMJ Frets: 1274
    BigBearKris;939110" said:
    I've seen "Heat" again. 1995 classic with Pacino, DeNiro, Kilmer.
    Michael Mann is the boss. I really like Collateral and *gasp* Miami Vice remake.
  • SibeliusSibelius Frets: 1401
    edited January 2016
    We Need To Talk About Kevin.

Extremely grim but absolutely compelling.Tilda Swintons performance is stunning as is the actors who play the young and older Kevin.

Highly recommended.
    Disturbing stuff. .
     I am however a fanboi of researching things before spouting shit
  • SibeliusSibelius Frets: 1401

Better Call Saul

Ace!

I am however a fanboi of researching things before spouting shit
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24406
    Sibelius said:

Better Call Saul

Ace!

Loved it. Can't wait for the next series.
  • I believe in miracles. More of a footy documentary about Brian Clough and Nottingham Forests rise from mediocrity to league champions and European Cup winners. When footy was real footy. You don't need to be a Forest fan to enjoy it!
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    Bits of Carry On Up The Khyber. Not really a line wasted in that, probably the peak of their oeuvre.
    Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. Quite fun. Lots of references to other films that mostly passed me by but I've now read about on IMDB.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • hungrymarkhungrymark Frets: 1782
    edited January 2016
    Cropsey - some documentary on Netflix about a child kidnapper (or was he?) and bogeyman in staten island. Engrossing in a low-key sort of way.

Then spent the evening watching some of Herzog's early short films. Their titles are so long I can't be bothered to type them out. Good fun if you're a Herzog fan, in which case you can probably guess the ones I'm on about.
    Use Your Brian
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22971

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. Quite fun. Lots of references to other films that mostly passed me by but I've now read about on IMDB.
    I saw a trailer for Shane Black's upcoming film, The Nice Guys.  Trailers can be misleading, but it looks very promising.
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1305
    Bridge of Spies - Very Good.  Very Hanks.
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4557
    Just finished watching Looper again ont telly.

Great stuff 10/10
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24357
    edited January 2016
    The Big Short.  Great film with Steve Carrell & Christian Bale & Brad Pitt about the US Sub-prime mortgage market collapse. 
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28431
    12 Monkeys was on last night; I'd forgotten a lot of the detail in it. Very nicely done.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27117
    Spectre

Not bad, not as good as Skyfall and too much trying to have the baddie be bad because of feels rather than just because he's a psycho who wants to take over the world.

I guess it didn't feel very James Bond - more like a bunch of action sequences stitched together with the loosest plot threads they could come up with.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • I've just seen The Revenant. I really wanted to love it but it was just too slow for me. Conversely, I am looking forward to watching The H8ful Eight again. The Revenant 7/10 H8ful Eight 10/10
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10424

Room - a women is abducted  ...............  very good indeed 7/10

Cold in July - good example of genre crossing, Don Jonson makes a great cameo 6/10

Adam and Paul  - 2 hapless Iris junkies go through their day hunting their next fix 6/10
    www.2020studios.co.uk