What films have you watched recently?

What's Hot

Comments

• ftumchftumch Frets: 682
    Seen any good films recently michael? :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    Yes - "Deja Vous" CSNY :D
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Just watched Ironman 3. Was alright, ticked all the boxes I guess but instantly forgettable

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

• Was Gwyneth Paltrow in it as Pepper Potts?

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7482
    Rush - loved it 
    Red ones are better. 
  • Ruby Sparks - weird, good
    Moneyball, nerdy, good
    Horrible Bosses, silly, ok
  • The Road.  Very emotional if you're a father.....    It got very dusty in our house for a few minutes.
  • Iron Man 3

It was better than the second one and I really liked 'Trevor'
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6394
    Dean Man Down.

Mainly because it had the delicious Noomi Rapace in it, but I really enjoyed the film overall.

Also in yesterday's film marathon staycation/wife out session:

A Long Memory - very noir post war revenge with a twist.  John Mills was ace.

The Fighting Seabees - John Wayne winning the Pacific war on his own. WW2 propoganda, with some very racist anti-Japanese language.

Pirates of The Caribbean (1) - jolly romp
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • RobDavies said:
    The Road.  Very emotional if you're a father.....    It got very dusty in our house for a few minutes.

Absolutely true, I want to watch it again but don't know if I'd get through it :/

Last night discovered a mini-series from 2003 called 'Hitler: The Rise of Evil' with Robert Carlyle as yer man; fell asleep part-way through as I'd just done three 12-hour days on the bounce, but looks very good indeed. Shall be going back to it.

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15548
    Paul, simon peg et al. Brilliant, his best yet. And I really want a "Evolve This" tee shirt.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• World War Z

I enjoyed it even if the last 3rd is a bit weak. :)
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    "Slither", which I'm surprised I missed when it came out.

Excellent(ly bad) horror :)
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72471
    Shooter

Hadn't seen it right through before. Mark Wahlberg excellent as usual. Not sure about the plot - it was great at first but became progressively more far-fetched, especially towards the end. The "action movie" stuff was a bit overdone... too many little "only in the movies" bits as well, which spoil the believability.

Probably 7/10 if you disengage most of your brain and don't take it too seriously.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    Lixarto said:
    "Slither", which I'm surprised I missed when it came out.

Excellent(ly bad) horror :)
    Bad? was Excellent in an excellent way! Love that film.

I've been off work with gammy shoulder for a bit, so have watched so many films on Netflix that I've lost track of them all...

Recently I watched some black-and-white movies with Mr Wong - Detective in and Charlie Chan Chinese Detective. Was 70 years ago another planet? Such stereotyping of foreigners that makes The Damnbusters dog naming seem perfectly normal and non-racist. In Carlie Chan movies the black character "Birmingham Brown" is practically a Black-and-White-Minstrel show caricature of of every negative stereotype ever thought up for people of dark skin! Staggering... For history buffs who want to look at race relations in the last century it's worth a look at Charlie Chan In The Secret Service and The Scarlet Clue... just wow!

Watched a LOT of bad horror 

Also got Phantom on bluray (the 2013 film with Ed Harris on a russian sub) aside from being a film about Russians during the cold war on a Russian submarine with the most Russian sounding name in the cast was Duchovny it was rather enjoyable. Sort of Crimson Tide, but russian... if you like Crimson Tide you should like it - though there's no Gene Hackman so it's not going to be quite as fun
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jimmydjimmyd Frets: 60
    The Paper Boy - the first half is an enjoyable 60s retro comedy romp, the second half - jesus - incredibly depressing, and not very good.
  • CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549
    Mama - Really enjoyed it. Nikolai Coster-Waldau and some skinny chick move in with some spoooooky children that were brought up in the haunted weelderness. Hijinks ensue. A well made and very watchable "Guillermo Del Toro Presents" movie (that had very little to do with GDT), much like "The Orphanage".
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6394
    ddlooping said:
    World War Z

I enjoyed it even if the last 3rd is a bit weak. :)
    Just the last 3rd ? :/     (Brad and the girl who played the Israeli soldier did their best, but it was dire)
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    Mama - Really enjoyed it. Nikolai Coster-Waldau and some skinny chick move in with some spoooooky children that were brought up in the haunted weelderness. Hijinks ensue. A well made and very watchable "Guillermo Del Toro Presents" movie (that had very little to do with GDT), much like "The Orphanage".
    I think I mentioned this one early on in this discussion. I guess some kind of law of averages says somebody, somewhere had to like it.   
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Finally got round to watching Seven Psychopaths - very funny in places, but not as wonderful as it perhaps likes to think, but Sam Rockwell and Christopher Walken were as enjoyable to watch as always.
    You don't need much knowledge of anatomy to appreciate the fundamental ubiquity of opinions.