Bizarre Fact of the Day

What's Hot

Comments

• Rolf Harris touched up Vanessa.

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    underdog said:
    The world's largest tyre manufacturer is Lego.

NO? Really? Wow.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15488
    how do they get the worlds largest tyre into the boxes?

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3073
    I share a birthday with Shakira and Gerard Pique (they're married). So if I'd been in the vicinity you never know ;) Knowing my luck I'd have pulled Pique.. :)
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294

Rolf Harris touched up Vanessa.

he could certainly plead insanity on that one... :ar!
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    jd0272;317937" said:
    underdog said:

The world's largest tyre manufacturer is Lego.

NO? Really? Wow.
    Really
    http://aboutus.lego.com/en-gb/news-room/2012/june/guiness-world-record-to-the-lego-group/
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72352
    mudslide73 said:
    I share a birthday with Shakira and Gerard Pique (they're married).
    I share a birthday with King Edward VIII, Alan Turing, Stuart Sutcliffe, KT Tunstall and Maggie Philbin - among others who I found when I looked it up, including Adam Faith, Colin Montgomerie and Zinedine Zidane.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27509
    Edit - I once laid some laminate flooring, found it was duff, ripped it up, took it all back to Homebase, exchanged it for new flooring, laid that, decided it was the wrong colour, ripped it up and threw it away, bought some new flooring, and laid that. Then the missus decided she wanted carpet instead.
    So the you laid ...

... the carpet, presumably?
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24806
    ICBM;317998" said:
    mudslide73 said:I share a birthday with Shakira and Gerard Pique (they're married).I share a birthday with King Edward VIII, Alan Turing, Stuart Sutcliffe, KT Tunstall and Maggie Philbin - among others who I found when I looked it up, including Adam Faith, Colin Montgomerie and Zinedine Zidane.
    Elton John and Aretha Franklin here.... (Not the same year!)
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15962
    john McLaughlin and ken barlow are the same cat
    tae be or not tae be
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15962
    standing on the top of mount Everest one can see the arc of the earth
    tae be or not tae be
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    There's more harmful bacteria on your keyboard than on your toilet seat.
    hootsmon said:
    Also, Everest is not the tallest mountain on Earth.

Mauna Kea (the highest peak in the Hawaiian islands) is. It's just that two-thirds of it is under the Pacific Ocean.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• FosterFoster Frets: 1100
    Edit - I once laid some laminate flooring, found it was duff, ripped it up, took it all back to Homebase, exchanged it for new flooring, laid that, decided it was the wrong colour, ripped it up and threw it away, bought some new flooring, and laid that. Then the missus decided she wanted carpet instead.
    When my uncle laid the laminate flooring in our kitchen he opened the 3rd box (having laid boxes 1 and 2 previously), cut the flooring to size and holes for the radiator pipes to fit around around, laid the flooring and realised he had picked up the wrong colour by mistake. 

He then removed the wrong colour flooring, put it back in the box, shoved an untouched plank of flooring to the front of the box, took it back to B&Q and swapped it for the right colour.

We all had a good giggle at the idea of someone opening their pack of laminate flooring to find it pre-cut to fit their kitchen :P
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chrispy108chrispy108 Frets: 2336
    ICBM said:
    hootsmon said:

Mauna Kea (the highest peak in the Hawaiian islands) is. It's just that two-thirds of it is under the Pacific Ocean.
    And as the Earth isn't round, Everest also isn't the furthest point from the surface of the Earth. The summit of Chimborazo in Ecuador is 2,168m further than Everest, nearly a quarter of Everest's height above sea-level.
    ICBM said:
    hootsmon said:

And as the Earth isn't round, Everest also isn't the furthest point from the surface of the Earth. The summit of Chimborazo in Ecuador is 2,168m further than Everest, nearly a quarter of Everest's height above sea-level.
    Yeah, you might want to try retyping that...

The earth could be any shape if you're only bothered about the mountain being the furthest point from the surface of the Earth. It could even be the shape of a string of sausages.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Actually thinking on it, it's not possible for any mountain to hold the title of 'furthest point from the surface of the Earth'. Since you would have to start counting from the summit of the mountain - they are all equally the same height of 0mm.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I think he means from the *centre* of the Earth.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5854
    mellowsun said:
    There's more harmful bacteria on your keyboard than on your toilet seat.
    I'm glad I play Guitar then ;-)

Ok, here we go. the last execution in France using the Guillotine, was in September 1977.

:-O
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • chrispy108chrispy108 Frets: 2336
    ICBM said:
    I think he means from the *centre* of the Earth.
    Doh! Indeed I do. I blame the head-cold I've got, but it's probably just general incompetence :(