Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • *squeal*
  • Holy shit. 
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    Have yet to watch the video but first thought is EHX trying to one up the Xvive Echoman. 
    Anyway, will watch and go ooh later. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Which is fair enough, I reckon, given it's their original IP :-)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Ok. Let's fuckin' do thiiissssss

Bye!

• LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    Good idea.
    My "vintage time machine" does the job, but it is a bit on the big side. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Which is fair enough, I reckon, given it's their original IP :-)
    Ha, yeh. 

$203 street price. 

Oh, and ooh! 
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17609
    tFB Trader
    Absolutely want!
    http://www.ehx.com/products/nano-deluxe-memory-man/

Product page if anybody wants more detail. 
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2358
    edited October 2021
    Have yet to watch the video but first thought is EHX trying to one up the Xvive Echoman. 
    Got to figure that's it.

I'm guessing it's not exactly the same as the XO one? 9V (though I guess they could bump that up internally) and depth control unlike the original...

My big problem is I got an XO one for like £99 new in one of the Boss Gone Mad sales several years ago... D Not sure it'd be worth getting this instead... but if you didn't already have one, and assuming this one sounds similar, it probably would be.
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
    That's going to fly off the shelves. 
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2286
    As excited as I am by this, I'm unlikely to buy one myself as I have a DMM 1100TT on my main pedalboard and a Memory Toy on my small board. Plus four other analog delay pedals, so I don't exactly need one. Still though... WANT!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Keefy said:
    As excited as I am by this, I'm unlikely to buy one myself as I have a DMM 1100TT on my main pedalboard and a Memory Toy on my small board. Plus four other analog delay pedals, so I don't exactly need one. Still though... WANT!
    What appeals to me is that it's supposed to be quieter. I really like my DMM 1100TT, but I do find it a bit too noisy. I'd give up all of the cool features if this one were quieter but still had the same character and grunge.

Bye!

• KeefyKeefy Frets: 2286
    edited October 2021
    Keefy said:
    What appeals to me is that it's supposed to be quieter. I really like my DMM 1100TT, but I do find it a bit too noisy. I'd give up all of the cool features if this one were quieter but still had the same character and grunge.
    Noise shmoise! Then again if you're running your delay into the front end of your cranked amp Van-Halen-stylee, I can see that would be an issue.

EDIT: Also I'm suspicious of the claim about reduced noise, where their shill demonstrator reckons it's quieter - how are they supposed to have achieved this?
  • Keefy said:

EDIT: Also I'm suspicious of the claim about reduced noise, where their shill demonstrator reckons it's quieter - how are they supposed to have achieved this?
    I'm no expert but it was possible with the Electric Mistress clock noise, to filter it somehow, if I'm remembering correctly. it's not beyond the realms of possibility with this.

• nonesuchnonesuch Frets: 308
    This looks good, I'd like to give it a go, especially with the talk of reduced noise.

I think some of these DMM variations do seem to be very noisy, in fact I had a Deluxe Memory Man 550-TT for one day, but I sent it back because I found the noise/hiss on the repeats to be unacceptable. Unfortunately I wasn't able to compare it with another one to see if it was worse than normal.

Has anyone used an Xvive Echoman? Would be interested to know how that compares to the original DMM (and this new Nano version).
  • 26.226.2 Frets: 524
    Dave_Mc said:
    Got to figure that's it.

I'm guessing it's not exactly the same as the XO one? 9V (though I guess they could bump that up internally) and depth control unlike the original...

My big problem is I got an XO one for like £99 new in one of the Boss Gone Mad sales several years ago... D Not sure it'd be worth getting this instead... but if you didn't already have one, and assuming this one sounds similar, it probably would be.
    Compared with the XO the nano replaces the Chorus/Vib selecter knob with a Rate (as well as a Depth knob that both have). I guess it gives a continuum between chorus and vib? 

An XO is one of my two delays on the board currently, with an EL Cap as well. Love the way that you can get a nice crunchy volume lift for solos. I don’t need the Nano but I will probably end up with one! 
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2358
    nonesuch said:
    Has anyone used an Xvive Echoman? Would be interested to know how that compares to the original DMM (and this new Nano version).
    That's the $65,000 question, isn't it? :D I've never tried it myself...